PDA

View Full Version : The "Baby" Lachmiller

Pressman
06-02-2019, 08:12 PM
Well, I coined the term baby as it is smaller and mostly made of aluminum along traditional designs of the day. Nothing like the larger Model 100.

It uses the Pacific type ram and snap-in shellholders, down stroke operation. The body is all aluminum, but the handle is cast iron. It won't stay up without a tie strap or wire hook.

I have not sorted out the years of production though it would be near the end of Lachmiller just before the RCBS take over.

LUBEDUDE
06-06-2019, 01:14 PM
It appears that Lachmiller wanted to compete with the Herters Model 27.

Pressman
06-06-2019, 02:06 PM
The frame has a distinct C-H "feel" to it. May have been made by them. It certainly compete's in the low price field.

CrystalShip
06-15-2019, 05:42 PM
Several years ago In talking with Dave @ CH4D, he said when he purchased the Ch company There were remains of Casting That were made by Them. At one time Ch made , casting for Lachmiller, Eagle, Texan maybe others
I spoke to dave a week ago. he was ill for a while But seems to Be better @ the moment.

Pressman
06-15-2019, 08:41 PM
Thank you that is good to know.
Ken

Markopolo
06-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Wow Ken... there was the clue you were looking for, and a clue that some others were also farmed out.. pretty cool for a guy with your hobbie.. bet the ARTCA can use that info.