PDA

View Full Version : Local rep is an idiot

Jim
10-24-2008, 02:04 PM
deleted

Blammer
10-24-2008, 02:08 PM
seems the Representative owns a gun and knows what it's for.

Can't be all bad. :)

Old Ironsights
10-24-2008, 04:10 PM
...Hutto said the ad accurately tells voters about Scarborough's character. "It's something that happened that I think people need to be aware of," she said.

Sure does. It means he's willing to confront potential danger in person without relying on "guards" or Cops... aparantly unlike his opponent.

The UD is just a training issue. A serious one, but not one that makes him unsuitable for the office.

Jim
10-24-2008, 04:38 PM
deleted

fatnhappy
10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
naw, he's an idiot Blammer. He should have taken a shotgun or rifle.

Blammer
10-24-2008, 08:07 PM
lol

no offense taken

I'd vote for him.

:)

HeavyMetal
10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
I don't know the details of the incident.

However let's see how close I can come.

big storm power's out, maybe phones to? Look out window see flash lights, who the heck is this in my yard? No lights, no phones, guess I'll go see them before they come see me!

I find it's the power company, why cool. now everybody knows whats up.

Now I go back inside and the gun goes off. HMM! Why do I suspect it's a Glock?

Police come and yep he does a night. Investagation show no attempt just what it was: an accidental discharge! He didn't try to harm anyone and, except for poor trainiing, is guilty of nothing.

Trust me anybody can have an AD! Anybody! The fact that no one was hurt shows he had it pointed safely away from everyone.

The Democrat in this soup is trying to convince everyone, through the usual inuendo and lies, that her competitor has paid someone off to escape punishment!

I think he's handled it correctly, he has not denied anything, and he has not sunk to his competitors levels of mud slinging!

Do not help her by mailigning him! He had an accident and took his licking! Give him credit for that and your vote!

Because I garontee the Democrat will do far worse, for you, if she gets the chance!

Jim
10-24-2008, 10:31 PM
deleted

Bret4207
10-25-2008, 08:06 AM
If a good investigation was done, why was he charged in the first place. What did the linemen have to say? There are some holes in this story, what a surprise! I'm wondering if the guy fired a warning shot or something. Smells fishy to me, but there may me mandatory arrest laws down there I'm not familiar with.

I'm as strong a supporter of gun ownership and rights as anyone, but with the right comes the responsibility. If this guy screwed up he deserves to pay. If he was innocent in the first place then why the arrest? A politician getting charges dropped after he did something stupid?!!! That would NEVER happen!

If we had the rest of the story I could make a better judgment. Too bad it wasn't the Dem in his shoes.

bobk
10-25-2008, 09:32 AM
The guy's an idiot. The power's out. So why would you suspect that the goblins are going to come wandering into your yard with flashlights on? And why would you give up cover and concealment to challenge them? Stay where you can't be seen, and evaluate the problem, then act.. And however the AD took place, he had his finger on the trigger before he confirmed the target.

If this guy had been a Democrat, some people on this board would be all over him, and properly so. The fact that he is a Republican shouldn't give him a pass.
Bob K

BD
10-25-2008, 05:50 PM
I lived in the area when this happened. The guy had "words" with the lineman. It may have been an AD but as I remember it the lineman felt he was way out of line. His political opponents are making more out of it there was, but the guy is still a dope.
BD

Jim
10-25-2008, 06:41 PM
deleted

Bret4207
10-25-2008, 06:46 PM
I lived in the area when this happened. The guy had "words" with the lineman. It may have been an AD but as I remember it the lineman felt he was way out of line. His political opponents are making more out of it there was, but the guy is still a dope.
BD

Aha!!! "Words with the lineman". 'Nuff said. Guys a moron with a gun. Bad news for the rest of us Republican or not. Accidental discharge my Aunt Minnie....:roll:

Jim
10-25-2008, 06:51 PM
deleted

Old Ironsights
10-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Never and nohow any such thing as an "accidental discharge" unless the gun is broken.

Unintentional Discharge, yes. "Accidental"? No. If the finger is on the trigger, there is no accident. The gun worked as designed.

Shotgun Luckey
10-26-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm thinking that if he had meant to shoot at the guys, he would have fired a LOT more than 1 round

TAWILDCATT
10-26-2008, 04:44 PM
It would apear to me he confronted the linemen saw they were linemen and turned away and was walking away when the gun went off.aparently the DA thought the same or he would hung him out dry.either you all hang together or your going to hang one by one.me I am not in his district but is she for or against guns.:coffee:[smilie=1: