PDA

View Full Version : Traditions 32 Crockett

Gtek
05-29-2019, 05:55 PM
Well I went and done it! Halfway USA email shows up and has them on sale, free ship @ 419. It appears my want and need valve was stuck but I have been a good boy. Have two CVA Squirrels, a cap and a rock but I cannot get my big head down enough for sight alignment. Reading up seems to be a .310" pure to 50/50/.015" and 20-30 of boom is the common like most others. Anyone care to share their magic Crockett recipe?

FrontierMuzzleloading
05-29-2019, 06:51 PM
good deal! I am wanting one as well, except a kit so I can fancy it up a little. 15gr 3FG seems to be the ticket in these rifles.

SSGOldfart
05-29-2019, 07:21 PM
good deal! I am wanting one as well, except a kit so I can fancy it up a little. 15gr 3FG seems to be the ticket in these rifles.

Yes Sir that's the Load my 32 takes. But patches can be a little hard to find,I make my own lube.easy shooting and just plain fun.Yes you can cut your own.

Littlewolf
05-29-2019, 08:28 PM
my cva squirrel seems to enjoy a 380acp case as a measure of FFFg. my mother quilts and has lots of cotton scraps i use for strip patch, i measured it on avg .008". for hunting time i cut .75" squares stacked half full in a Rx bottle with a few drops of veg oil enough to dampen all patches.

1Hawkeye
05-29-2019, 09:49 PM
No need to worry about finding patches. Just find some ticking put a lube of your choice on it and cut the patches on the muzzle.

dondiego
05-30-2019, 10:55 AM
Mine likes the .32 cal LEE maxi ball as sold by TOTW.

Gtek
06-05-2019, 06:10 PM
It arrived today and am glad I did so far with the first couple pick it ups, look it overs and put it downs being completed. It really balances well for carry, hangs nice and I can get into the sights. Looking down bore it looks good and the over all metal to wood not too bad. The front end of side plate angled inboard, front screw over tightened maybe and crushed a small amount underneath or just cut too deep and wood is proud. A little epoxy where no one can see it sure helps the pallet woods enduring performance! Maybe a little bedding will be in order but no big deal to flush up small amount. Hammer to nipple looks centered but appears to have a slight outboard pitch, have to look into that and maybe a hammer tweak will be needed. Trigger clean and smooth, have not weight checked yet but crisp on both. Brass is nice and is cleaned up well and with a little rubbing appears a light walk to a super final polish if desired. The one thing that is still hurting is the 3/4" back from muzzle left side to upper flat looks like a table smack on both flats edges, grrrrrrr! Other than the barrel boo-boo I am very happy with decision and after a little tweaking and tuning we are looking forward to first boom.

Hanshi
06-06-2019, 04:52 PM
I killed squirrels with my Crockett using 30 grains of 3F, a .311" home cast ball, .016" mattress ticking lubed with Hoppes BP Lube. It gave sub 1" 5 shot groups at 50 yards. Both head and mid body hits were about like .22LR HPs.