PDA

View Full Version : Changes

rl69
05-27-2019, 03:26 PM
Come tomorrow I'll be starting a new job. It means a lot of driving 84 miles one way to one plant near 100 miles to another. So I'm not sure how that's going to effect the devotionals I'll just have to play it by ear. We will be working 7 to 5:30 at solvay and 6 to 430 at loynel

Boaz
05-27-2019, 04:09 PM
You just do what needs done Ronnie . Everyone here understands . Will enjoy reading them anytime you can post them !

Pine Baron
05-27-2019, 05:26 PM
Get plenty of sleep and don't be worrying about us. I'll be praying for your safe journeys.

Hickory
05-27-2019, 06:21 PM
Don't fall asleep driving back & forth.

rl69
05-27-2019, 06:31 PM
:) ...... I made this drive for about ten years ten years ago lol ive only fell asleep once that was after a 26 hr work day

Markopolo
05-27-2019, 08:09 PM
Prayers sent sir...

Wayne Smith
05-28-2019, 07:35 AM
:) ...... I made this drive for about ten years ten years ago lol ive only fell asleep once that was after a 26 hr work day

Yeah, but you were 10 years younger then. too! Take care of yourself first, then you can care for others.

USMC87
05-28-2019, 08:41 AM
We appreciate you Ronnie, Be safe.

dverna
05-28-2019, 08:50 AM
Be safe....

I am at a stage in my life that I could not do that for very long.

rl69
05-28-2019, 08:47 PM
Not to bad I left this morning just before five got home took care of all my rat killing and short of a shower my day was done at seven therty

Four tens ........... That's out the window six tens we will work Sunday to make up for yesterday

Plenty of time to rest when your dead :)

rl69
05-28-2019, 08:49 PM
On a defernt note three hr of windshield time is what I need in my life right now God is good

WRideout
05-29-2019, 08:18 AM
Thank you for your faithfulness, Ronnie. Sometimes solitude is a good thing.

Wayne

buckwheatpaul
05-29-2019, 01:17 PM
Ronnie I wish you good luck and pray that you can hold up to that kind of travel....I know that God will be with you and know that He will watch over ya brother! Paul

Sig556r
05-29-2019, 01:20 PM
We'll return the favor, be safe...

rl69
06-09-2019, 07:55 AM
Update
Well the four tens I was told we would be working...... Was trashed the first day. Six tens....then seven twelves.... I've pulled four sixteen hour days in the past week. I'm running on verry little sleep anywhere from three to six hours a night. They did let us off early yesterday and said come back Monday. So tomorrow we'll be right back at it hopefully just twelve.

When I stoped working down county I was in my late 30s early 40s every one called me RL .....now..... Now them sob's call me ether pawpaw or pop.....what the heck????? When did that happen ????

Pine Baron
06-09-2019, 08:02 AM
Sign of respect from the young fellas and puts the ladies at ease. Wear it with pride, you earned it, pop.

Boaz
06-09-2019, 08:18 AM
Update
Well the four tens I was told we would be working...... Was trashed the first day. Six tens....then seven twelves.... I've pulled four sixteen hour days in the past week. I'm running on verry little sleep anywhere from three to six hours a night. They did let us off early yesterday and said come back Monday. So tomorrow we'll be right back at it hopefully just twelve.

When I stopped working down county I was in my late 30s early 40s every one called me RL .....now..... Now them sob's call me ether pawpaw or pop.....what the heck????? When did that happen ????

It creeps up Ronnie . I well remember when the first few called me 'old man' . As we move along flags start going up . I keep forgetting to get my free cup of coffee at Mc Donalds and ask for senior citizen discounts . So what's next for me...Meals on wheels ? lol

Hickok
06-09-2019, 08:22 AM
Ronnie, they called me "Old Dad" at my last job. My forearm was a 35 year old guy, and a great boss, who knew his stuff around heavy equipment, and knew how to treat men right. He once was describing a job we had to do and told me, "I don't know why I am telling you how to do it, you have forgotten more than I will ever know." All the guys on his crew busted their butts for him.

Jesus promised to never forsake you, and we wont either brother! Prays for you safety and wellbeing as you travel in the Name of Christ Jesus, amen.

rl69
06-09-2019, 09:30 AM
Dang Hickok that it the spot

Charlie I know where every free cup of coffee is in a hundred mile radius I'll be driving along and pull in to so buddy's place just for a cup I tell them I'm just checking on them but really I just what some coffee :)

Boaz
06-09-2019, 10:15 AM
Yea ..I need to get on board . My body tells me I'm old but my mind just hasn't got the news yet . There's a war going on there . But I think the body will win out in the end .

square butte
06-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Sooner or later the mind will come around - It's slow, but pain avoidance is one of the greatest teachers i know. If i'm down on the floor for something, i'm gonna look for more that needs doing down there - just to avoid so many trips up and down on the knees. Sad but true . . :)

Hickok
06-09-2019, 05:00 PM
Square Butte, "pain avoidance" is a great definition of what we "old dogs" practice,.... I am going to put that in my vocabulary.....if I remember it.....!;-)