PDA

View Full Version : 22 TCM Rifle Action ?

Johnch
05-24-2019, 04:22 AM
Can't sleep , so I am messing around and cleaning in the reloading room

I got to thinking .... Oh well

But I got a idea bouncing around in my head

I picked up a bunch of 22 TCM brass this afternoon at the range , all looks to be once fired

Looking at it , it would IMO make a good sub for 22 LR if loaded with a 35 - 40 gr plain base cast bullet
Just keep the loads at 1200 - 1300 FPS range and I bet it would be a great plinker and small game rifle

BUT I would need to find a action that would be the right size
I did a quick Google and there is or was a rifle built in 22 TCM , but it had a single locking lug in the rear
They talked that the single lug was strong enough , but hindered getting the rifle to shoot great groups

Sure I could use a action for a 223 , but tons of wasted length and weight
Also I bet feeding might be interesting with all the extra unused length :groner:

Any ideas of a decent action that would be the right size ??
Even a single shot Bolt Action would I bet work

Any ideas ??

John

richhodg66
05-24-2019, 07:01 AM
Someone had a thread about one of the Squires Bingham rifles a while back. One of the problems with that short neck is you have real difficulty getting bullet seated to chamber without going below the case neck with the bullet base. I have also handled a few of the rifles and they seem bit and clunky for a cartridge like that.

I personally think a Hornet or Bee is what you'd want for your stated purpose, it works well for me.

Handloader109
05-24-2019, 02:25 PM
I cast and shoot successfully the NOE 37gr bullet for my 2TCM 1911. works fine. Now they make a 9R for Glock conversion and other 1911s and it is barely longer than the case.

eric123
05-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Convert a Remington 580...