PDA

View Full Version : CCI Red Jets-----load data anyone?

rockrat
05-23-2019, 01:00 PM
These were a wax/plastic bullet designed for indoor practice, using primer only, sold back in the late 60's/early 70's. 38,44 & 45 IIRC. There was an article in, I believe, Shooting Times, about loading these things over a fairly stout charge of Bullseye. Velocity was supposed to be quite breathtaking, as was the fireball, but being as the bullet only had a weight of about 10 grains, it dropped off quickly. I remember loading them in my 357 Blackhawk. Noisy, but wouldn't even penetrate a soda can @15ft, but would dent the heck out of it. I remember reading that the fellow warned that the round carried enough energy out to 10ft or so that the impact trauma would probably do someone in, but at 50 ft, would probably leave a welt and sting and 100ft, might not make it that far.

I think I remember the load data, but thought I would ask first to see if anyone else remembers the article and might have saved the data.

Thanks

johniv
05-23-2019, 05:10 PM
I've used those, but with primers only. They foul pretty badly like that. I can't imagine using powder with them

stubshaft
05-25-2019, 07:24 PM
I used to love shooting those Speer 38/357 plastic boolits.