PDA

View Full Version : Yippie Yippie! Yippie!

AllanD
05-23-2019, 01:30 AM
After much searching, I FOUND my wayward reloading scale...

Handy as I just bought 5# of RL7 and a pound of 2400 to load and was kinda crippled without it.

Earlier I located my old grey Lyman scale and discovered that the "agate" is cracked and the hook on the hanger is bent and broke as I tried to straighten it...

Then discovered that RCBS no longer makes the 10-10 scale and people selling them on eBay seem to think they are made from solid silver...

Whew.. dodged a bullet there! Especially since there is other stuff to spend $40 to $200 on...

(an 8# keg of IMR4064 comes to mind)

Well the good thing is in the process of searching I found:
1)2lbs of IMR4064
2)4-1lb cans of RL7 (one a partial) and in my mind having too much RL7 is a "Self correcting problem"
3)1lb of unique in a sealed can
4)1# of RL22
5)1# of IMR4831
6) 1 partial of SR4756
7) 1# of Bullseye
8) 1# of Herco
9)sixty pieces of W-W 45-70 brass
10) 150 pieces of 1xFired FC 30-06

NO None of this stuff is for sale

And I now feel like I Raided King Tut's tomb and it's all stuff I just forgot I Had!
When you are a little forgetful you tend to feel happy when you find your own "Buried Treasure"!

Winger Ed.
05-23-2019, 01:32 AM
It's amazing how things can run off and hide sometimes.

I often have to ask my tools, "How'd ya get way over here little buddy"?

lightman
05-23-2019, 08:18 AM
I was so incredibly busy when I was working that I would buy things that I would find a bargain on and put away for later. And forget about it. After I retired I started a major clean up. My closet, dresser drawers, loading room, shop, truck tool box, everything. I found all kinds of stuff that I forgot about. Brass, bullets, powder, some still in the bag from the store. Several buckets of weights under a sheet of plywood in a corner of my shop. Tons of range brass in cups, buckets, tums, ect. It was like Christmas!!! And I have misplaced stuff that took a while to relocate!

onelight
05-23-2019, 08:40 AM
Hey this is a upside to being an old shooter:p
You go looking for the old scope rings from a rifle you sold in 1982 and find 8000 primers you paid less than .01 each for and 2lbs of Unique . Life is good.:p
Don’t remember why I was looking for the scope rings.:veryconfu

Hossfly
05-23-2019, 08:46 AM
I find stuff in brown paper bags, think they are the worse. Just have to buy stuff to replace and find it later. I like going down to my big shop, searching for something, it’s like Christmas all over again.

AllanD
05-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Like my Attitude about #2 Phillips screwdrivers if you cannot reach into a drawer and grab one without looking you don't own enough of them.

BTW, I just found two cases (cardboard boxes with 5 bricks in each box (5k)!!!) of small pistol primers I had forgotten about, plus an unbroken brick of federal 215 (LRM primers) But I still cannot find my 223FL Sizer, and I had it in my hand yesterday!

I keep finding brown paper shopping bags with mixed brass in them (range pickups)...

L Erie Caster
05-24-2019, 01:03 AM
I found 500 30/06 brass, all LC headstamp, that I don’t remember even seeing before, let alone buying. Maybe they are reproducing, but its more likely I am just getting old.

gpidaho
05-24-2019, 01:26 AM
Next year we can hide our own Easter eggs. A few perks in getting old. Gp

RED BEAR
05-24-2019, 08:44 AM
My biggest problem is putting things were i will remember and find them easy. There are things i haven't seen in years. But not to worry it will turn up two days after i buy another.

AllanD
05-24-2019, 05:43 PM
Yes, I've noticed that syndrome "if you lose it, buy another and it'll turn up"

But that can get expensive quick when you lose track of your 25-50MM Micrometer, or your dial caliper.

As a note I haven't lost my dial caliper, I broke it, but I'm sure Starrett will fix it... but they are not even going to get the chance to do so until after I've bought a NEW Mitutoyo or Brown & Sharpe, because I NEED IT NOW!

JeffG
05-25-2019, 07:12 AM
Was cleaning up reloading area last year and re-found a case of 5000 CCI SP primers, that i’d gotten at a gun show for $17.50/1000. Completely forgot i’d bought it. And i thought I was low on pistol primers at the time. :groner:

Taterhead
05-25-2019, 03:16 PM
So far, nothing like that has happened to me although I wish i could find more 452AA that "I'd forgotten about."

EXCEPT I recently ordered a die that I already owned and forgot about. DERP!

Budzilla 19
05-25-2019, 05:24 PM
Taterhead, if you lived closer to SW Louisiana I’d fix ya up with some 452 AA! Got some left from trap and skeet days!

skeettx
05-25-2019, 05:59 PM
You KNOW that stuff has legs and will run and hide at the slightest chance :)

AllanD
05-25-2019, 07:00 PM
I also load shotgun shells but have not done so in decades (20 years), but I have my hulls stored in those
green 17gallon civil defense cans.

I have full cans of each of the hulls I reloaded, Peters "blue magic", Federal "Gold Medal", Winchester (red) AA & Activ hulls.
PLUS the Eight or Ten CASES of loaded shotshells (mostly 1-1/8oz Target loads) because I used to be into shooting trap.
(until the trap club was shut down)

Anyone remember The Troy Meadows Trap Club?

Mark Daiute
05-26-2019, 10:33 PM
If any of you find my bag with the three 1898 front Krag barrel bands/ bayonet lugs, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

rbuck351
05-27-2019, 06:57 PM
I recently found 2 new chain saw chains that I had set out where I could find them easily about a month ago. All I had to do was bring one more home from the store and it showed right up. At least it's something I would have to buy more of sooner or later.

nun2kute
05-30-2019, 09:40 PM
Last time I did that (that I remember) was my looking for my Lee Universal Expander Die, searched the whole room. Rite after I ordered two new ones from Midsouth Shooters, I found it sitting in the press I'd been using it in. Must've looked right over it a dozen time looking for it :groner:

Taterhead
06-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Taterhead, if you lived closer to SW Louisiana I’d fix ya up with some 452 AA! Got some left from trap and skeet days!

Oh man, and I would gladly take you up on it if I weren't domciled just a little too far NW of your location.

Conditor22
06-07-2019, 12:32 AM
It's the "reloading gods" telling to clean up more often.

I just need to quit getting distracted, finish what I've started before starting more projects.:veryconfu

nun2kute
06-07-2019, 07:07 AM
On the other hand, I love putting on a jacket I haven't worn in a while and finding 20$ in one of the pockets :wink: