PDA

View Full Version : "Prettiest" rifle I own

Mgderf
05-21-2019, 05:21 PM
I'm a member of the Henry Rifles forum.
They just held their 3rd anniversary giveaway, and I won the grand prize.

A Henry "American Eagle".
www.henryusa.com/rifles/the-american-eagle/
It is chambered for .22short/.22long/.22long rifle, wears an octagon barrel, and the receiver is nickel-plated and polished to a mirror finish.
The American walnut stock is treated to resemble aged ivory, and is highly engraved.
M.S.R.P. is $950!
The standard buckhorn sights can be hard to see if there is light overhead, but I still managed M.O.S.H. (minute-of-squirrel-head) offhand at 25 yards.

It cycles and shoots like a dream.
The best part is, it didn't cost me a dime!
I even got a free transfer from my local FFL so all I have into this rifle is my signature on the 4473. :smile:

Winger Ed.
05-21-2019, 06:11 PM
Cool.

It'll make a great center piece for the collection of your family's heirlooms.

RED BEAR
05-21-2019, 06:13 PM
Congratulations on your win i have been looking at henry rifles and drooling. Can't quite afford one yet but can still look. You should have many years of enjoyment.

osteodoc08
05-21-2019, 06:19 PM
Congrats. At least it what “someone I know” that actually won a raffle. It is a nice looking piece and you should enjoy it for years to come

As a side note, A. Imperato is quite the CEO and provides good direction. I wish other firearm CEO would take note.

Wheelguns 1961
05-21-2019, 06:29 PM
Congratulations! Henry makes some beautiful rifles. A friend had a .357 big boy at the range the other day, and it was another classic beauty.

Kev18
05-21-2019, 07:11 PM
Im waiting on a Henry 45-70 brass frame wild life edition for my dad's 50th birthday... They said 2-3 months waiting list. That was last December, since his birthday is 3 days after mine in march.
I went back to the store and talked to a different employee just to see what he would say. He said that they dont order anymore firearms because customers are always unhappy.
The guy said he ordered a rifle and it took him a year and a month to get it.

I guess it will be his 51st birthday present then.

Handloader109
05-21-2019, 09:43 PM
Go to the Henryarms website and find a gold dealer near you. If close enough to in, otherwise call and get on order......

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OverMax
05-21-2019, 09:47 PM
Bought many tickets to this States Deer Hunters Association over the years. Never won once. Although a neighbor feller has won numerous times. "Lucky dog!" So for you Mgderf.
I'm tickled to hear again someone winning >a dandy shooter. Congratulations ~~ Lucky Dog!

doulos
05-21-2019, 10:58 PM
Happy for you!

Mgderf
05-22-2019, 05:25 AM
Im waiting on a Henry 45-70 brass frame wild life edition for my dad's 50th birthday... They said 2-3 months waiting list. That was last December, since his birthday is 3 days after mine in march.
I went back to the store and talked to a different employee just to see what he would say. He said that they dont order anymore firearms because customers are always unhappy.
The guy said he ordered a rifle and it took him a year and a month to get it.

I guess it will be his 51st birthday present then.

Kev,
You need to go to www.henryusa.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
Somewhere down there is a link to the company president, Mr. Anthony Imperato.
This link is used if you have trouble locating the Henry firearm you are looking for.

When the .327's first came out I made it my mission to obtain one from the first run, and I got my wish.
I emailed Mr. Imperato and told him I could not find any locally. Turned out they had not started shipping them yet, but Mr. Imperato assigned an associate to help me get my rifle.
It was drop-shipped from the factory directly to my FFL.

With Henry, it truly is an "Ask and ye shall receive" situation.
Henry makes great strides to accommodate most all customer requests.

Since your dad's birthday has already passed, I would mention that in your email and I'll bet you'd have it in a matter of weeks.

bedbugbilly
05-22-2019, 08:57 AM
Congratulations! That's a beautiful rifle!

I current own one Henry in 22 and it is an excellent little rifle- well made, top quality and never a hiccup!

I agree on how well the Henry company is run. Their customer service is fantastic and they take care of their customers - "American made or not at al" and it is obvious that they appreciate their customers who buy their products.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a HenryBB in 38/357 and one in 45 LC. For those that appreciate the Henry's - it is difficult to decide on just which one to get as they all tend to cause drooling on the keyboard! LOL

Enjoy that rifle - I just joined that forum and enjoy it greatly! I'm sure that rifle will probably be displayed in a prominent place!

buckwheatpaul
05-22-2019, 01:09 PM
I'm a member of the Henry Rifles forum.
They just held their 3rd anniversary giveaway, and I won the grand prize.

A Henry "American Eagle".
www.henryusa.com/rifles/the-american-eagle/
It is chambered for .22short/.22long/.22long rifle, wears an octagon barrel, and the receiver is nickel-plated and polished to a mirror finish.
The American walnut stock is treated to resemble aged ivory, and is highly engraved.
M.S.R.P. is $950!
The standard buckhorn sights can be hard to see if there is light overhead, but I still managed M.O.S.H. (minute-of-squirrel-head) offhand at 25 yards.

It cycles and shoots like a dream.
The best part is, it didn't cost me a dime!
I even got a free transfer from my local FFL so all I have into this rifle is my signature on the 4473. :smile:

Mgderf, I cant tell you how proud of your winning.....got a Yellow Boy and truly love it! The last thing I really won was my wife 43 years ago.....so I guess that I used up all the good Irish luck then.....Paul

Speedo66
05-22-2019, 02:29 PM
Can we get a picture when you receive it?

Mgderf
05-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Can we get a picture when you receive it?

I'm an old fart, and know nothing of posting pictures.
Someone on the Henry site was kind enough to post a pic of me holding the Henry, but all I did was email them a picture that my FFL emailed me.
I'm what some call, technologically challenged...
I'll see what I can do.

Mistered
05-24-2019, 03:21 PM
Helping Mgderf out - I am also a member of the Henry forum.

Mgderf
05-24-2019, 07:06 PM
Helping Mgderf out - I am also a member of the Henry forum.

Thank you sir.

Mistered
05-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Thank you sir.
You are welcome!

Petander
05-30-2019, 05:04 PM
Congrats,Sir.

I have a soft spot for old 22's for who knows whatever reason.

A great a T-shirt,too.

Ramjet-SS
05-31-2019, 08:10 AM
Very nice. My Classic is a gorgeous rifle that is a hoot to plink with all day long. Congrats

45workhorse
05-31-2019, 08:44 AM
Mighty fine looking rifle. ALMOST to Purdy to shoot:kidding:

Mgderf
05-31-2019, 03:29 PM
Mighty fine looking rifle. ALMOST to Purdy to shoot:kidding:

Too late.
I've already started squeezing M.O.S.H.* groups out of her.

*-Minute of squirrel head

Old Rvr.
05-31-2019, 04:43 PM
Beautiful Rifle Congrats , I own a Big Boy in .357 and a Golden Boy .22 both with Skinner Sights added . Top Quality Tac Drivers . Excellent made Guns as well nice to look at.