PDA

View Full Version : Spreading her ashes

Goatwhiskers
05-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Think I'll need a little extra strength Saturday about 2pm. We're finally gonna have a memorial service for my wife and spread her ashes in the place where there are several favorite dogs and horses buried. She loved them and this is what she wanted. Darn but it's hard to type this. I'm gonna open with the story of how how her old redneck daddy pulled a gun when I announced I was gonna marry his daughter, then said "I guess you'll do" when I didn't run. Darn but I miss him and her momma. Then I have a preacher friend to do a proper service, after which he will play "Amazing Grace" on his pipes. Sure hope she likes it, she never wanted a fancy funeral. Gotta go for right now. GW

wch
05-20-2019, 06:48 PM
God bless you both.

Wheelguns 1961
05-20-2019, 07:11 PM
When it didn’t look good for my wife, I asked her if she still wanted to be cremated, or did she want to be buried next to my mom in the cemetary. She said she still wanted to be cremated and placed on the mantle above the fireplace so she could keep an eye on me. I know what you are going through. Stay strong and God bless.

castalott
05-20-2019, 07:42 PM
Please Lord.... .Mercy for All tomorrow..... Mercy and Love for them All..... Amen

buckwheatpaul
05-20-2019, 07:59 PM
When it didn’t look good for my wife, I asked her if she still wanted to be cremated, or did she want to be buried next to my mom in the cemetary. She said she still wanted to be cremated and placed on the mantle above the fireplace so she could keep an eye on me. I know what you are going through. Stay strong and God bless.

My wife has said the same thing!

GW, I know it has been a long and terrible road for you and your family! I wish I lived closer ...... May God bless you and comfort you at this time. May He guide you and hold you in the palm of His hands......AMEN Paul

Boaz
05-20-2019, 08:40 PM
I agree with Paul . You are in my thoughts and prayer .

Buzz Krumhunger
05-20-2019, 08:42 PM
My sincere condolences on your loss, Goatwhiskers.

05-20-2019, 08:55 PM
My deepest condolences. Trust in the Lord. Thoughts & prayers.

GhostHawk
05-20-2019, 09:14 PM
I lost both my parents last year. They had a lot at the local cemetary. Put up a marker that looks like a little stone house. 8 spaces for urns, the urn is sealed into place with a stone cut from the marker. And a brass plaque that tells the tale.

I'm thinking my wife and I will join them when our time comes.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers GW. Walk in the light.

jcren
05-20-2019, 09:31 PM
Prayers sent.

RedlegEd
05-20-2019, 09:34 PM
GW,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Ed

lightman
05-20-2019, 09:48 PM
Really sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

DCP
05-20-2019, 09:49 PM
Stay strong. You and yours are in our prayers

Maine1
05-20-2019, 09:54 PM
very sorry for your loss.

We lost my oldest sister two years ago. She was 53. She loved to ride with my brother in law on their Harley, and I started riding about 5 years ago. we always said we were going to ride together and never did.
I was visiting with her after trying out a new bike, and she said she wanted to go for a ride when I got it.
She never got a chance, and passed 8 weeks later.

Ive got a vial of her ashes, and she takes every ride with me. Not what we had in mind.

It will be a rough day, a sad day, but a good day to have loved ones around.

take care brother.

RED BEAR
05-20-2019, 09:57 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Forty Rod Ray
05-20-2019, 10:44 PM
Hi GW,

You will do just fine... She is still in your heart... My old Dad would tell you at times like these, Heaven is a better place with her in it.

Jean-Marie and Forty Rod Ray Strong

Markopolo
05-21-2019, 12:13 AM
You will see her again sir. Let that be a mantle of hope for you. Hope leads to faith. You will see her again.

exile
05-21-2019, 01:24 AM
You are in my prayers. I would say hold fast to the Lord, but in a time like this it is the Lord who holds fast to you.

exile

Wayne Smith
05-21-2019, 08:45 AM
You are in my prayers. I would say hold fast to the Lord, but in a time like this it is the Lord who holds fast to you.

exile

Yup, for a while there with only be one set of footprints on the beach. That's OK, He expects it. Will be praying for you.

Pine Baron
05-21-2019, 10:48 AM
GW, my prayers and heart are with you.

Preacher Jim
05-21-2019, 11:09 AM
praying for God's grace to carry you as you honor her wishes.

Tom W.
05-21-2019, 12:23 PM
My late wife's ashes are in the backyard next to a cedar tree that she wanted me to bring home after a hunting trip..... You are not alone....

yeahbub
05-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Goatwhiskers, I wish you and your wife every blessing, not just now but for all time. Let us commend her to the Mercy of God.

I was just reading on this precise subject and thought I'd offer just a thought or two. Once we are separated by this passing from those we love, our inclination will naturally be to accord them our respect for who they are and how much they mean to us. Knowing also that they are a profound gift given us by our loving God, it would be fitting to appoint them a sacred place in preparation for that day when we will be re-united, a place where they will be safe and protected from the indignities of a world which does not notice or know, or value them. A place we can be near them and find respite in prayer and reflection. Your wife's understandable sentiments about former pets and animals notwithstanding, I suspect it would meet with her approval to accord her a place in consecrated ground, a place set aside for this purpose, where her remains will not be made indistinguishable from the profane and common. Here's a quote from an article: "Our bodies, while we are alive here on earth, are temples of the Holy Spirit from the moment of our baptism. And at the end of history, when Jesus comes again, we will be resurrected and our soul and body will be reunited. Burying our remains instead of scattering them is a more apt reminder of these truths of our faith; it respects these truths better. And besides, a specific burial place also allows surviving loved ones a location where they can go and pray for those who have died." And also, "Furthermore, burial in a cemetery or another sacred place adequately corresponds to the piety and respect owed to the bodies of the faithful departed who through Baptism have become temples of the Holy Spirit and in which “as instruments and vessels the Spirit has carried out so many good works”. Just thought I'd share. . .

Goatwhiskers
05-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Well, it's done, took this to really bring it home to me after all this time. Son, daughter, grandkids, and her close friends from a career of teaching all there. Hard to grasp how many lives she touched. Kids have gone to their homes but I'll be OK, God is with me. Thanks for the prayer support. GW

Pine Baron
05-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Praying with a tear in my eye GW. May God bless you and the family.

GARD72977
05-26-2019, 08:07 PM
I am very sorry for your lost.

BNE
05-26-2019, 09:31 PM
May God fill the loss you are feeling.

castalott
05-27-2019, 12:53 PM
GW... I understand these losses maybe better than most. I know the emptiness and loneliness ... I know how your life is shattered... Your thoughts , memories, and Prayers will be mixed with your desire to see them again. You will move forward from there for the rest of your life.... This terrible lesson may make you a better Christian... God's Mercy for us all.... Dale

WRideout
05-29-2019, 08:24 AM
Grieving can be a long process, but in the end things will be better. I am praying for God's mercies and blessings on you and your family.

Wayne

Sig556r
05-29-2019, 11:53 AM
My condolences...may she rest well

Goatwhiskers
05-29-2019, 03:28 PM
"The depth of grief is equal to the height of the love that it replaced." I may never get over this, but then again I don't want to. C. Dickins once said "The pain of parting is as nothing compared to the joy of meeting again."