PDA

View Full Version : double barrel 50 cal

omgb
05-20-2019, 03:38 AM
I have a Texas Trail Guns side by side 50 cal. I'm thinking of selling it as I lack the arm strength to enjoy shooting it. (I had a bad back injury) I'm just not too sure how to go about selling it. What do you guys suggest?

rancher1913
05-20-2019, 05:58 AM
you have the post count and membership time to sell it here if you chose.

depends on how bad you need to sell it and how much money you want for it. selling it here you know it will go to a loving home but it might not bring as much as someplace like gun broker. having to use ffl's is a pain but if you have a good one on your end they will take care of the shipping so you don't need to worry about legalities.

richhodg66
05-20-2019, 06:51 AM
Do you need an FFL for muzzle loaders?

Edward
05-20-2019, 07:24 AM
Do you need an FFL for muzzle loaders?

Not in most places, just ship . I bought and sold and never had a problem as they are not considered (real guns) again in most states ./Ed

omgb
05-20-2019, 08:23 AM
No, no FFL needed.

05-20-2019, 09:00 AM
It helps if you can post pictures of it during the course of the sale. I'm too techno-resistant to figure out how to do that, but it would help with your sale. Good luck.

pietro
05-20-2019, 10:49 AM
I have a Texas Trail Guns side by side 50 cal.

I'm thinking of selling it as I lack the arm strength to enjoy shooting it, I'm just not too sure how to go about selling it.

What do you guys suggest ?

Take several good/clear pics of the gun and post the pics, along with a detailed description of it's condition as compared to new (including known defects) - then post a (free) F/S ad in a forum's classified section.

You could do it here, but may get a wider buying audience from one of the dedicated traditional muzzleloading forums.

http://tradmla.org/tmaf/

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/

Longknife
05-26-2019, 11:28 AM
CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The FEDERAL Government does not consider that rifle as a regulated firearm,,,BUT there are some States and Citys, or Counties that do not abide by the Federal guidelines (Gun Control act of 1968). So you had better research your location before proceeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!