PDA

View Full Version : PURE LEAD (roof flashing) NOTICE--Scarborough, ME

375RUGER
05-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Just passing this on for anyone interested. I'm in Maine on a job right now and found 650# of lead roof flashing. Marden's in Scarborough just got it in, so they aren't entertaining offers on it yet. It is in 50# rolls for $57.25 each. Decent enough price if you want some. Too pricey for me to take it all back to NM, but I will get a couple.

Geezer in NH
05-13-2019, 10:19 AM
Remember the ads say " I should have bought it when I saw it at Marden's" Bet that won't last long May take an 1 1/2 ride over, have some lunch on the way back.

quilbilly
05-13-2019, 12:21 PM
The last batch of scrap lead I bought for my fishing business was all roof flashing. Beautiful stuff that is 99% pure at least. I cringe when I think nearly all will be going to the bottom of the ocean but there is still plenty left over to make my boolit alloy. I paid one dollar a pound about three weeks ago. There is almost no dross and the sheets cut easily with a garden hedge trimmer.

EDG
05-16-2019, 11:57 AM
The last roof flashing that I got weighed 41 lbs
When I smelted it to make ingots I got about 3 lbs of oxide residue that I could not reduce back to elemental lead. There is a lot of oxidized surface area per pound of flashing due to the thin cross section of the raw lead.