PDA

View Full Version : sunday morning colesteral bomb

Lloyd Smale
05-05-2019, 08:17 AM
took a rectangular glass cooking pan sprayed with pam and rolled out a roll of crescent rolls for the bottom. then a lb of bacon (last one from the hog we bought last year) a lb of fresh sausage the wife and I made yesterday on the bottom. A layer of cheddar cheese and a dozen scrambled eggs about half cooked and topped with another roll of crescent. baked till it dough was nice and brown then topped it with some sausage gravy I made yesterday from the sausage. Doesn't get much better then that. Only thing missing is I usually put a layer of hash browns in it too but I didn't have any and didn't feel like chopping up potatoes at 5 inch morning. Going to be eating some eggs this month. My wife buys those 4 dozen egg boxes and bought one Friday and came home to find out theres still 3 dozen in the fridge. Well 2 doz now. Looks like im going to have to one of those 10lb boxes of store bacon. Bacons all gone and we still have plenty of other pork so it doesn't make sense to buy another pig. Someone needs to breed all bacon hogs. Even half bacon and the rest scraps for sausage making.

buckwheatpaul
05-05-2019, 09:24 AM
Lloyd...sounds delicious and I plan on trying it out.....thanks! Paul

osteodoc08
05-05-2019, 09:49 AM
Mom used to make a breakfast casserole similar to this. Love it.

Wag
05-05-2019, 09:51 AM
Wow. I just ate and you made me hungry again. :D

--Wag--

Goatwhiskers
05-05-2019, 11:33 AM
Gonna make me some. Probably take my mind off that gosh-awful pain I've been having in my chest. GW

Hogtamer
05-05-2019, 11:38 AM
Coulda coated the bottom of the pan in butter![smilie=l:

Reverend Al
05-05-2019, 12:09 PM
What? No photos to drive us crazy (crazier)?

:kidding:

MaryB
05-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Sounds about as healthy as one of my omelets... don't make this and tell your doctor! Bacon white cheddar, broccoli, onion... the broccoli makes it healthy LOL works well with kale and spinach too!

https://i.imgur.com/ktwmrMo.jpg

Winger Ed.
05-05-2019, 06:42 PM
You forgot the jalapenos and flaming hot salsa!

Shiloh
05-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Needs green chiles.
I'd eat it in a heart beat.

Shiloh

Wis Tom
05-05-2019, 09:18 PM
We make something like this, but the twist is sausage gravy, good addition there, will have to try that.

Lloyd Smale
05-06-2019, 07:01 AM
wouldn't it be unhealthy then[smilie=l:
Coulda coated the bottom of the pan in butter![smilie=l:

Lloyd Smale
05-06-2019, 07:04 AM
I put sauage gravy on omelets too. Heck Id probably eat a 2x4 if it had sausage gravy on it. Theres allways containers of frozen sausage gravy in my freezer.
We make something like this, but the twist is sausage gravy, good addition there, will have to try that.

Lloyd Smale
05-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Sounds about as healthy as one of my omelets... don't make this and tell your doctor! Bacon white cheddar, broccoli, onion... the broccoli makes it healthy LOL works well with kale and spinach too!

https://i.imgur.com/ktwmrMo.jpg

looks good mary but the only veggys I allow in an omelet are onions and mushrooms. betcha that white cheddar does real well for breakfast. I don't think ive ever tried it on an egg dish.

Sig556r
05-06-2019, 07:22 AM
let the statins work

owejia
05-06-2019, 07:57 AM
took a rectangular glass cooking pan sprayed with pam and rolled out a roll of crescent rolls for the bottom. then a lb of bacon (last one from the hog we bought last year) a lb of fresh sausage the wife and I made yesterday on the bottom. A layer of cheddar cheese and a dozen scrambled eggs about half cooked and topped with another roll of crescent. baked till it dough was nice and brown then topped it with some sausage gravy I made yesterday from the sausage. Doesn't get much better then that. Only thing missing is I usually put a layer of hash browns in it too but I didn't have any and didn't feel like chopping up potatoes at 5 inch morning. Going to be eating some eggs this month. My wife buys those 4 dozen egg boxes and bought one Friday and came home to find out theres still 3 dozen in the fridge. Well 2 doz now. Looks like im going to have to one of those 10lb boxes of store bacon. Bacons all gone and we still have plenty of other pork so it doesn't make sense to buy another pig. Someone needs to breed all bacon hogs. Even half bacon and the rest scraps for sausage making.

You can make bacon out of the whole hog, regular bacon out of the [middlings] sides and belly, Canadian bacon from the tender lions and pork lions, and chuck wagon bacon from the shoulders and hams. Simple process, have to debone the shoulders and hams. Several you tube "how to". The middlings [the part between the shoulder and hams] are what southern people call them. Some of the old timers when asked how they were, would refer to being middling as to how they were felling. Was up to Union Pier, Mi. for a short vacation a couple of weeks ago, and over at Three Oaks they were having a hog roast festival on the day we were coming home, would really liked to went to the festival but had to return home. Nice area and friendly people there.

MaryB
05-06-2019, 08:51 PM
looks good mary but the only veggys I allow in an omelet are onions and mushrooms. betcha that white cheddar does real well for breakfast. I don't think ive ever tried it on an egg dish.

Great stuff on eggs, I even put it on scrambled eggs and zap it under the broiler to melt it down...

facetious
05-12-2019, 04:08 AM
I had to go get two Tums from just reading it!

6bg6ga
05-12-2019, 06:03 AM

With all those goodies you may not have a BM for 2 or 3 days.

Loudenboomer
05-12-2019, 09:48 AM
Sounds allot like my deer camp cooking. My buddy make jokes about me cooking with bacon extract. Could it be cause my local butcher shop cuts my bacon for me 3/8" thick :)

6bg6ga
05-12-2019, 09:57 AM
I had to make due with 2) packages of bacon. I felt compelled to eat most of it too.