PDA

View Full Version : sausage making saturday

Lloyd Smale
05-04-2019, 07:43 AM
made 25lbs of fresh sauage and 25 lbs of bratts already this morning. All that's left is stuffing the bratts and packaging it all up. Just fried up some fresh with a few eggs for breakfast. Turned out pretty good. Id like to brag on my mixture but both were prepackaged leggs seasoning.

CastingFool
05-04-2019, 08:31 AM
I make my own breakfast sausage, but I only make 2 lbs at a time. I make 4 oz patties, so I'm making it quite often. I should make the sausage on larger amounts.

WebMonkey
05-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Sweet!

+1 on leggs seasoning blends

swheeler
05-04-2019, 09:52 AM
I make my own every year usually right after hunting season closes. Mostly use High Country seasonings and brats are stuffed in hog gut, yep getting hungry now!

gbrown
05-04-2019, 12:47 PM
made 25lbs of fresh sauage and 25 lbs of bratts already this morning. All that's left is stuffing the bratts and packaging it all up. Just fried up some fresh with a few eggs for breakfast. Turned out pretty good. Id like to brag on my mixture but both were prepackaged leggs seasoning.
Nothing wrong with either Zach's or Legg's. I've used both for pan sausage and found them to be good. In both of them, I use the breakfast sausage mix with no sage. Nothing wrong with sage, but if I eat it in sausage, I'm tasting it the rest of the day. I get Zach's from Allied Kenco. I think I got the Legg's from a local Academy Sporting Goods store. 1 pack for 25 lbs of meat mix.