PDA

View Full Version : New Henry ss in .44 Mag... questions

Grogg
05-02-2019, 06:04 PM
Hi all,

New member here. First post.

Picked up a new ss from Bud's, sight unseen. Fit and finish are very good and the wood is pretty decent. Trigger is not bad at all... maybe a little heavy but I can live with it. The hammer pull is very heavy though so I might start by removing the small spring and see if that helps.

When I first got it the barrel release lever was really tight. I had to push it so hard I was afraid I might break something. After I got the barrel opened the first time it got a little easier and after working it a few dozen times it's better but still sort of stiff, especially when pushing it to the right. I'm concerned that there may be a problem waiting to happen.

Lastly, the finish on the trigger guard is rough along one edge (see pic). The edge nearest the receiver. Don't know if that's normal or not.

So, if any of you have suggestions or comments I'd sure like to hear them.

Also, if anyone has any springs for sale, please contact me.

rfd
05-02-2019, 06:52 PM
this thread thoroughly covers the henry s/s rifles ...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?365404-Henry-Single-Shot-Initial-Impressions

Grogg
05-03-2019, 09:13 AM
Thanks RFD, I've read through all 16 pages of that thread as well as just about all of the other Henry SS related threads on this site. Still looking for more info.

rfd
05-03-2019, 09:30 AM
didja try taking out the smaller spring?

Ramjet-SS
05-03-2019, 09:31 AM
Go shoot the darn thing and let us know how it shoots.