PDA

View Full Version : Pearl Harbor Day

sundog
12-07-2005, 10:38 AM
I didn't want the day to get by without saying thank you to all who were there and did your duty. sundog

NVcurmudgeon
12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I can remember our soldiers hiking on local roads during WWII. To this then six-year old they looked like benevolent giants preparing to beat up on Hitler and Tojo to protect me. There aren't many of them left, Thank them every chance you get.

9.3X62AL
12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Those vets of WWII in general--and of Pearl Harbor in particular--are our fastest-disappearing national treasures. Bless them all!

There is another group of veterans doing one hell of a fine job right now--in Afghanistan and Iraq. The (expletives deleted) self-loathing liberal bedwetting mass media will never acknowledge it, but there it is there.

SharpsShooter
12-07-2005, 04:42 PM
My fomer boss fought in the Pacific Theater during WWII, not a year passes that he doesn't get a thanks for doing his part email for me. To all others here... Thanks a lot!

JCherry
12-07-2005, 10:17 PM
My father was on the USS Enterprise on 120741. He helped launch aircraft that day against the enemy and participated in all of the early actions of the Enterprise.

On 091101 I was jealous of my father, at least there was some action he could take on such a day.

I have a photograph my son took in Diego Garcia during the Afghan bombing campaign that I am proud of. The photograph is of a bomb mounted on the wing of a B-52 with the message,

"To Osama from the Cherry family."

Message was delivered Special Delivery Air Mail.

Have Fun

JCherry

StarMetal
12-07-2005, 10:22 PM
First shot of our involvement in the war was fired by us. The USS WARD, a destroyer fired upon and sank a three man crew Jap sub. It wasn't for many many many years later after deep sea equipment found the sub did the Ward get credit for it.

Japan attack on Pearl Harbor was a huge success, but strategically it was a major failure.