PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
05-01-2019, 06:02 AM
We walk by faith, not by sight. 2 CORINTHIANS 5:7
For a while, we are fully aware of God’s concern for us. But then, when God begins to use us in His work, we begin to take on a pitiful look and talk only of our trials and difficulties. And all the while God is trying to make us do our work as hidden people who are not in the spotlight. None of us would be hidden spiritually if we could help it. Can we do our work when it seems that God has sealed up heaven? Some of us always want to be brightly illuminated saints with golden halos and with the continual glow of inspiration, and to have other saints of God dealing with us all the time. A self-assured saint is of no value to God. He is abnormal, unfit for daily life, and completely unlike God. We are here, not as immature angels, but as men and women, to do the work of this world. And we are to do it with an infinitely greater power to withstand the struggle because we have been born from above.
If we continually try to bring back those exceptional moments of inspiration, it is a sign that it is not God we want. We are becoming obsessed with the moments when God did come and speak with us, and we are insisting that He do it again. But what God wants us to do is to “walk by faith.” How many of us have set ourselves aside as if to say, “I cannot do anything else until God appears to me”? He will never do it. We will have to get up on our own, without any inspiration and without any sudden touch from God. Then comes our surprise and we find ourselves exclaiming, “Why, He was there all the time, and I never knew it!” Never live for those exceptional moments— they are surprises. God will give us His touches of inspiration only when He sees that we are not in danger of being led away by them. We must never consider our moments of inspiration as the standard way of life— our work is our standard

Wayne Smith
05-01-2019, 07:38 AM
Amen and amen.

USMC87
05-01-2019, 07:40 AM
Amen and thanks for a great start of the day.

Pine Baron
05-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Good message this morning. Thanks and amen.

Blackwater
05-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Existententialists think the only things that matter are what they see. They're so very sadly wrong, but most are simply averse to thinking otherwise, and won't listen to anything that touts faith. They lock themselves in a prison that says that mankind can ONLY know or perceive what is physically before them. If they had any clue that man CAN sense beyond the normal 5 senses, I'm not sure if they'd explode or just be humbled enough to admit their wrong headedness. But each one of us, believer and non-believer alike, is offered a chance to believe and come to Christ. Those who simply won't, or don't want to, can make all sorts of explanations and excuses for not ever seeking the Lord, but none will be up to the task of actually meeting the Lord at the Great Judgment. I feel sorry for them and their chosen course of refusing to see what is right there before them if they'd just open their eyes and hearts to the complete ability of the human man or woman. But it's THEIR choice, and only they can make it for themselves. We can't. But that doesn't mean we have any right, much less any sort of duty, to quit trying to help them see. Christ never promised us it'd be easy. Only that it'd be worth our while, and beyond our comprehension in its rewards. Blessed be the name of the Lord for giving us this wondrous choice.