PDA

View Full Version : Weak hammer spring fix

Idz
04-29-2019, 11:20 AM
I recently got a CZ50 32acp pistol and it misfired about 30%. I suspected grime and a weak hammer spring so I cleaned it and looked for a new spring but it was out of stock everywhere. I decided to make a spacer to increase the spring tension but then ran across a neat fix using a 25acp case drilled out as a spacer. I tried the 25acp case trick and now have zero misfires. Sure was an easy fix!

RED BEAR
04-29-2019, 03:36 PM
I got a cz50 surplus and had to put new barrel as the one that came on it looked like old sewer pipe . Still trying to tune the feed ramp. It feeds perfectly with factory fmj but still jams on occasion with reloads. Trying several different bullets to see if one will feed like the fmj. But i just love the gun.

Thin Man
04-30-2019, 06:48 AM
Nice idea on the .25 acp brass shim. I went to an auto parts store and bought 2 pieces of steel brake line (tube) of close but different diameters. Use a dremel cutter to chop off the guessed length needed to shim a coil spring and clean off (remove burrs) both ends of the shim . I felt the steel tube would be durable and not deform under spring pressure.