PDA

View Full Version : Thumbler Tumblers motor speed?

Anyracoon
04-28-2019, 02:57 PM
Motor finally died on my Thumbler model B, I see to different motor speeds.
So pros or cons on motor speed?

Found this Website and they offer 2 different speeds?
http://www.therockshed.com/partsthumlers.html

salpal48
04-28-2019, 08:40 PM
Shawn @ the rock shed is great to deal with. the 2 motor speed are 3000 Hi speed. great for tumbling Brass + other quick polish items
The other is for rock tumbling
I have both speed tumblers and frankly I find No difference in the outcome
i tumble Rocks and glass as well
Shawn prices are good as well

David2011
05-02-2019, 11:02 PM
Salpal,

I’ve been thinking of trying to polish some glass for imitation sea glass. I especially like the old blue Phillips Milk of Magnesia glass. Any suggestions you could offer?

salpal48
05-03-2019, 08:51 AM
Since now I live By the ocean. i have been tumbling sea glass.. i don't like a high polish and glass get ruined very simply . i only try to take the Rough sharp edges of large pieces. . I use a very mild abrasive ceramic triangles or sometime wood pieces. works ok but will turn the glass to dust if left to long. . if you go on Rock Tumbler Hobby. ( Forum ) Or just check out the topic.
Many on that forum polish to high gloss.

Bayou52
05-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Hi-speed is the Thumlers I've been tumbling brass with for the past 7 years...

Bayou52

gwpercle
05-09-2019, 07:28 PM
The higher speed was for brass polishing and the older slower speed is for rock tumbling .
I've used the slower speed for tumbling rocks and for tumbling brass both wet and dry media's .
It works just fine....the faster motor may polish brass cases a little faster but that's about it.
Go with the application you will use it most for ...brass only, get the faster one...rocks and gem stones, might want to consider the slower motor .
Gary