PDA

View Full Version : Lee Customer Service

docone31
10-21-2008, 02:15 PM
I just got a message from Pat at Lee Precision.
I do not have anything bad to say about the others, but, I am a fanatic Lee Precision devotee!
The turn around time is amazing! I sent them last week, they are ready now!
I think we have a GOOD sponsor.
They have never made outrageous claims to me, they have dealt straight, and stand behind what they do.
I feel good with them at the top of the page.

Tom W.
10-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Pat is who answered my query about my sizer and send one that was just drilled to the nose profile of my mold, at no charge! That was the 2nd time in I dunno how many years I contacted Lee and they came through. The other time was when the shell holder packaged with the dies that I bought was the wrong one.

1hole
10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
In spite of rumors to the contary, I find that the Customer Service of all makers is quite good IF we are couteous ourselves.

Those folks who wish to "win through intimidation" on the phone are deluding themselves and, frequently, cost themselves money!

WildmanJack
10-21-2008, 08:12 PM
After moving to Punta Gorda, and after retireing from the Fire Dept. I took a part time job with a local bolat manufacturer as their Customer Service guy. If the people were nice on the phone I would break my butt trying to get them what they wanted plus, but if they came on like a$$ h0les ... Well ,they got the wrong parts shipped to them, twice, then the wrong color, or what ever I could do to let them know that honey sure get's more bees than vinegar!!!!I probably should brag about that, but I always treated people like I wanted to be treated if I was in their shoes...
jack

JeffinNZ
10-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I can't fault them. My custom collet die set for my .303 Pygmy works great and was a bargain. Other equipment is fine also.

Freightman
10-21-2008, 10:58 PM
My # 17 shell holder arrived not having a ledge on the inside to hold the shell called Friday and it was in the mail box delivered in two days. A+++ in my book!+

mtgrs737
10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Lee modified a set of their 6.5mm x 55mm Collet dies to load oversized cast boolits for a sum of $10 which included return shipping! I had them back in about two weeks from the date I sent them. What a great company! I own a lot of Lee stuff and will always look at their products for my future needs.

cajun shooter
10-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I just posted a reply about the customer service at Lee under casting equipment. The service they provide is second to none. They are an American Company!!!

Echo
10-23-2008, 10:54 PM
I just had a little problem - cleaning up an old Lee Minie mold, I carded light rust off the sprue plate, then hit the screw on the wire wheel, whereupon the wire wheel sent the screw off to the Twilight Zone. Called Lee today. The Lovely and Talented Mary answered, heard my tale of woe, and is mailing out the new screw, bushing, and wave washer, at no cost. Cheerful, knowledgeable, and helpful - what more could a customer ask?

boommer
10-24-2008, 12:25 AM
To bad automotive companies cant stand behind there products half as well !!
25 years of reloading and still never been mistreated or lied to unlike the automotive industry!!!!! I've dealt with gun manufactures optics and reloading manufactures and always been treated fair maybe I'm lucky. The only problem I have had with Lee is a mould AND THEY MADE IT RITE LIKE NOW cant say enough great service.

Echo
10-24-2008, 12:46 AM
We generally operate in a unique community. I have occasionally sent a gun off to be fixed, and enclosed a blank check so the smith could fill in the amount and deposit immediately. Name another community with that kind of trust.