PDA

View Full Version : The comission

Boaz
04-23-2019, 10:13 AM
Just a question ............................................What is the great commission ?

Der Gebirgsjager
04-23-2019, 02:54 PM
Is this going to go unanswered? The great commission was the instruction given by Christ to the Apostles to spread the Gospel throughout the world.

Matthew 28: 19-20 (NAS) 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

TRM
04-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Is this going to go unanswered? The great commission was the instruction given by Christ to the Apostles to spread the Gospel throughout the world.

Matthew 28: 19-20 (NAS) 19 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you, and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
You nailed it. Question are our churches still doing that? I see CEO's more than pastors.Christans who forgot what God called us to do.

WRideout
04-24-2019, 06:59 AM
The disciple Thomas went to India where he started a Christian church that exists to this day.

Wayne

Boaz
04-24-2019, 01:14 PM
What part is yours in this commission ?

Boaz
04-25-2019, 07:19 AM
LOL , no reply's .

I had too go get a blood draw yesterday for an upcoming surgery . Signed in and sat down for the tedious wait while you watch a room full of people transfixed by their cell phone . Trying to avoid eye contact and hoping no one tries to talk to them .

An old guy came limping heavily from the blood draw room with a piece of gauze taped on the bend of elbow . He had got his draw . He sat across from me and saw I didn't have a cell pone in my hand . I just said ...Howdy ! How are you ! He smiled and started talking .

He was old , just wearing Levi's , T shirt and a Vietnam vet cap on . His name is Everett , he has lung cancer . I asked his name and told him I was Charlie because I would pray for him . He thanked me and said ...You understand I can't lose . If I live I win or if I don't make it I win too ! We talked a while .

They hollered my name to get my draw and I shook Everett's hand saying I didn't know if I'd see him again but knew I would eventually . He smiled and said...That's right ! I got the draw and they told me I had to see the doctor ...More waiting . Went back to the waiting room and Everett was testifying and encouraging two old ladies , one in a wheelchair . Everett is part of The Great Commission , never did ask him his church affiliation ...makes no difference . Pray for Everett...we need him here for a while longer .

Pine Baron
04-25-2019, 08:44 AM
Praying for "warrior" Everett.
So when are you going in brother? You are always in my prayers.
As far as my part in the "commission". I never know where God leads me, nor do I have a clue as to what I'm supposed to do when I get there, but I go where shown and do what the Holy Spirit commands, to the best of my feeble ability.

Boaz
04-25-2019, 09:49 AM
Pine Baron I'm still jumping through the 'procedural' hoops to get there but assume it will be soon . Surgeon wants 'clearance ' from my other doctors that I won't croak on the table . Been working on getting appointments set up for three months ..the wheels of the medical world turn slow .