PDA

View Full Version : Gripswell shooting gloves?

Wheelguns 1961
04-21-2019, 10:54 AM
Anybody try these for revolvers? They seem to be nice although pricey. I think they reccomend the gs-33 style for handguns. I can’t post a link from my ipad, but the website is gripswell.com

RED BEAR
04-21-2019, 12:51 PM
They don't look bad but i prefer open fingers.

Lefty SRH
04-21-2019, 06:25 PM
They don't look bad but i prefer open fingers.

Scissors can handle that simple alteration.
I plan to order a set in about a week. If I can remeber, Ill post review.

RED BEAR
04-22-2019, 01:09 PM
Yea let us know. Have only one gun that i need one on and it can be a beast 41 mag at only 23 oz.

Naphtali
04-22-2019, 06:46 PM
Not being familiar with the glove, I'm responding to what probably is the intent of your question. When younger, I was a four-wall handball player whose shining moment was playing Dr. Stan London, fourth ranked in the country at the time, in a best of three game match. Although he didn't need to play the third game with me, he did - 21-0, 21-0, and 21-0.* Depending upon how my hands would feel I would wear handball gloves with, or without, padded palms. In either set of gloves, finger feel was excellent. Grip tackiness - for purpose of shooting - was and remains excellent.

Years later, I discovered handball gloves to be well designed for use as shooting gloves. While I preferred unpadded, the padded gloves made my Freedom Arms Model 83 in 475 Lindebaugh shootable for up to three cylindersful of my hunting loads. In both cases, the leather gloves, being intended for long-term use by sweaty hands, have lasted nearly fifty years. My padded ones I haven't worn in years. My unlined handball gloves are still supple with stitching intact.

Hope this helps.

* My buddy asked Dr. London why he didn't give me a "courtesy" point. London replied that he did not "give" anything. If I scored when playing him, he said I'd know I earned it. I never forgot the lesson he taught. As a teacher and parent, I adopted the same principal. . . . When my students hanged me in effigy, my kids were right there cheering them on.

Wheelguns 1961
04-22-2019, 06:56 PM
Thanks Naphtali, that is something to think about. I will research them.

bluelund79
04-22-2019, 08:08 PM
Not being familiar with the glove, I'm responding to what probably is the intent of your question. When younger, I was a four-wall handball player whose shining moment was playing Dr. Stan London, fourth ranked in the country at the time, in a best of three game match. Although he didn't need to play the third game with me, he did - 21-0, 21-0, and 21-0.* Depending upon how my hands would feel I would wear handball gloves with, or without, padded palms. In either set of gloves, finger feel was excellent. Grip tackiness - for purpose of shooting - was and remains excellent.

Years later, I discovered handball gloves to be well designed for use as shooting gloves. While I preferred unpadded, the padded gloves made my Freedom Arms Model 83 in 475 Lindebaugh shootable for up to three cylindersful of my hunting loads. In both cases, the leather gloves, being intended for long-term use by sweaty hands, have lasted nearly fifty years. My padded ones I haven't worn in years. My unlined handball gloves are still supple with stitching intact.

Hope this helps.

* My buddy asked Dr. London why he didn't give me a "courtesy" point. London replied that he did not "give" anything. If I scored when playing him, he said I'd know I earned it. I never forgot the lesson he taught. As a teacher and parent, I adopted the same principal. . . . When my students hanged me in effigy, my kids were right there cheering them on.

One of the best reads yet on this forum. Well said, and thank you for sharing. To the OP, if you get those gloves, please share a review! I found not wearing gloves, but buying proper fitting grips to make my revolvers easier to shoot. But, my maximum cartridge limit is 44mag.

Walla2
04-23-2019, 11:04 AM
I have large hands and use bicycle gloves. They are an open mesh design without fingertips. They are well padded in the palms. I paid $14 for them.

stubshaft
04-23-2019, 01:20 PM
I bought a set of SXS gloves from them. They do NOT appear to be made of goatskin like the ad stated, communication with them was pathetic and shipping took a long time (think China). The thickness is similar to regular cowhide work gloves you get from a hardware store.

Lefty SRH
04-26-2019, 12:31 PM
I bought a set of SXS gloves from them. They do NOT appear to be made of goatskin like the ad stated, communication with them was pathetic and shipping took a long time (think China). The thickness is similar to regular cowhide work gloves you get from a hardware store.

Wow, I was ready to order a pair today until I read this. Not sure what to think now???