PDA

View Full Version : Need help with K31 diopter sight.

PBlover429
04-20-2019, 01:00 AM
Sight is marked W. GEHMANN D75 KARLSRUHE W. GERMANY

The W&E are straight forward but the eyepiece is knurled on the front & back and has graduations on it.

It would appear it could be turned to open close the diopter but it is locked solid.

I don't want to take pliers to it if I am just missing something simple.

On the second photo, there is a white index mark on the knurled portion next to the "20".

country gent
04-20-2019, 11:40 AM
The front knurl is to snug ( don't really want to say tighten) the aperture into the sight. The rear is to adjust the aperture size. These are normally fairly stiff so recoil don't jar them around. You might try plugging the opening off with rolled up paper then a very light drop of fine oil on the seam then let soak. Be carefull with the oil as some of these also had lenses in them and oil on the lenses is almost impossible to clean off.

Last woulkd be to contact Champions Choice, Champions Shooters supply, Or Gehman as they may offer a cleaning reworkservice for them.

PBlover429
04-20-2019, 08:32 PM
Thanks for your insight.

No lens in it. It's soaking in Corrosion X to (hopefully) free things up. I was amazed to see how expensive these sights are. I ordered a Swiss products base as I plan to scope it. I may just sell the irons down the road.

PBlover429
04-23-2019, 10:30 AM
It freed up, now soaking in Kroil and then will be cleaned up with brake cleaner.

PBlover429
04-28-2019, 07:29 AM
Found a scope mount for 7.5, so irons will be coming off and sold.