RED BEAR
04-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Pretty good video thanks.

Sig556r
04-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Nice one...

JBinMN
04-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Thanks! Lefty Red, for sharing the informative video!
:)

That factory in Anoka,MN, is about an hour or so from me. I should go take a tour myself sometime.
;)

Hickok
04-12-2019, 11:27 AM
Very good information.

Lefty Red
04-12-2019, 11:29 AM
I was surprised/informed at some of the information I learned. One being forget about velocity! Be then I look at the Speer GD 135gr 38 Special loading that is raved about in the NYPD and CPD. It’s obviously not moving fast, but expanding and getting penetration to get the job done. But then it evolved from the NyClad Chief Special load, so it has a good lineage.

I was never a “Jello Junkie”, but after hearing the reason why it’s used and the way it’s able to predict a high level of performance on the street. Or I should say the performance of loads on the street lead to using the gelatin as a controlled environment for testing. Makes sense.

Learned something, and that’s a good thing.

Lefty

Bigslug
04-14-2019, 02:42 PM
MODERATORS - MAKE THE LINK TO THAT EXCELLENT VIDEO A STICKY, PLEASE!

That's pretty much the "meat" of all the hard research done on this topic in the last 35 years boiled down to a short 12 minute vid that anyone can follow. I exert A LOT of time & energy explaining this very thing to folks, who, like myself, grew up in the era when "bigger is automatically better" was the standard conventional wisdom. Those of us deeper into the field have been "reading the memo" that largely debunks this for a decade or more, but this vid is a great tool for getting those who haven't up to speed.