PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Norris is now the face of Glock!

GARD72977
04-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Chuck Norris is now the spokesman for Glock. This has to proof that Glock is awsome

Sig556r
04-11-2019, 10:01 AM
If he can drink peanut butter from a jar, he can certainly drink the Glock koolaid...
https://www.guns.com/news/2019/04/09/chuck-norris-joins-glock-as-spokesman

Froogal
04-11-2019, 10:04 AM
I don't care. I still do not care to own a Glock.

mold maker
04-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Never have.

frkelly74
04-11-2019, 10:32 AM
Never would until I did. They do have their good points. Emphasis on point. ( as in watch where yer pointing that thing)

MrWolf
04-11-2019, 10:34 AM
I just don't like the grip on a Glock. LGS guy said it seems to be you either love them or don't. I don't.

waksupi
04-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Glock now sleeps with a Chuck Norris under their pillow.

375supermag
04-11-2019, 10:39 AM
Hi...
I think it is great that a celebrity is willing to endorse a firearm. Kudos to Chuck for standing up for what he believes in.

Having said that... I am not a Glock fan, don't own one and don't want one. I have shot them and bought a 10mm long slide for my son a few years ago. I prefer steel guns and the 1911.
Nothing against Glock...just not my style.
Again...kudos to Chuck for going against the Hollywood elites that are probably having a fit when they heard about his endorsement contract.

osteodoc08
04-11-2019, 12:33 PM
We don't dial 911, we dial CHUCK NORRIS.

Nobody can ever replace R Lee Ermey in my mind, but Chuck Norris is about as iconic a player as GLOCK could obtain.

About the only other Hollywood type I can think of right now besides the 'Nuge would be Joe Montagna, Gary Sinise or maybe Tom Selleck or Sam Elliott

RED BEAR
04-11-2019, 12:38 PM
Don't own a glock . Thought i would never buy a plastic gun just didn't like them and didn't think they were real guns. Poo poo on them every chance i got. Along came a lowly kel tec 32 at a price i just couldn't pass up. Didn't expect much at all. Boy was i surprised when i took it to the range reasonabley accurate not a tack driver but no problem keeping in center chest on pistol range. The surprising thing is it worked with any ammo i put in it 65 gr , 80 gr , 77 gr rn swc it ate it all i have put several thousand rounds through it not a single ftf. Only problem i had was case bulge on ammo to hot for gun. After this i am willing to give a glock a try if i can get one at the right price.

Finster101
04-11-2019, 12:39 PM
No problem with Chuck Norris endorsing them. I still don't want one though.

6bg6ga
04-11-2019, 01:38 PM
Chuck was probably cheap and easy to get. Not a good actor in my opinion. Glock should stick with the young ladies. Much easier to look at. Won't own another one either even if they were the last company making guns.

merlin101
04-11-2019, 02:05 PM

Nobody can ever replace R Lee Ermey in my mind, but Chuck Norris is about as iconic a player as GLOCK could obtain.

About the only other Hollywood type I can think of right now besides the 'Nuge would be Joe Montagna, Gary Sinise or maybe Tom Selleck or Sam Elliott

Sam Elliot with a Glock?? Nope, just can't picture it! Nor do I want to.

rcslotcar
04-11-2019, 02:16 PM
Great for Chuck, Glock and the shooting industry but not for me.

Hickory
04-11-2019, 02:32 PM
So what!
Chuck Norris is just making money anyway he can.
And Glock needs to sale guns to people who can't afford a real gun. :groner:

Mag357
04-11-2019, 04:09 PM
Even Glock guys don't like Glocks lol

Budzilla 19
04-11-2019, 04:28 PM
Multiple strikes on the same round??? Maybe Chuck, but not Glock! Nothing against them, but not for me! Hollywood celeb endorsement for a firearm???? Nice, about time!

osteodoc08
04-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Not necessarily Glock, but firearm friendly as an endorser. I could see him endorsing Winchester.

AggieEE
04-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Well, I own glocks. I'm not a fan boy but they're ok. I wouldn't take one to a bull's eye match but if you said I had to only carry a glock to defend myself with if I had good hp ammo I'd be ok with that. The aftermarket triggers make them a whole lot easier to shoot.

marlin39a
04-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Glock should have made a deal with Diane Feinstein to be their spokesman. Let her say whatever she wanted. She would say that Glocks were the guns of mass assassins. That Glocks could go through airport metal detectors. She would rant about the high capacity magazines. She would advocate destroying every one of them. Glock sales would skyrocket over night. Look what the former President did for gun sales.

Stephen Cohen
04-11-2019, 05:50 PM

A lot of women had to be content with a photo of him under their pillow, is this the market Glock are looking for. Regards Stephen

LUCKYDAWG13
04-11-2019, 06:00 PM
I use to hate them until i shot one I still think that they are Fugly but they do work well

04-11-2019, 06:01 PM
I've gone in harm's way many times and was thankful I had a Glock 17. I agree it's an ugly duckling, but it made me warm & fuzzy as I prepared to do ugly things.

ShooterAZ
04-11-2019, 06:15 PM
Since Glock announced that Chuck Norris would become their new spokesman, sales have tripled. Everyone's afraid not to buy one.

nagantguy
04-11-2019, 06:35 PM
Surprised at the Glock animosity here- a solid gun that shoots and shoots and can be built or fixed on the kitchen counter; for less than the price of most competitors and tons of OEM and after market support. Figured more would like a reliable bargain. One time Glock detractor here - once I was bitten it really took- after thousands of CPL and other students its the one sure fire pistol that comes through the door- just recently a fellow brought in a Glock- don’t know what model- in 45 GAP- couldn’t find ammo so he’d purchased a 40 cal drop in conversion kit- dropped it in just before range went hot while others ate lunch;
And shot 150 rounds without a hitch. Even with a goofy caliber pistol
And a 40 conversation unit he was still under $500. They just work.

myg30
04-11-2019, 07:19 PM

+1+ fer Tom Selleck. If glock could get the producers of the show “Blue Bloods” to do an episode where he puts up his revolver for a Glock 26 and Danny switches to a Glock 19 that would really be a plus then get Selleck to be their spokesmen !
On the other hand maybe one of the hot women detectives on NCIS or Chicago PD might be the ticket ?
Who’s your favorite hottie ?

Mike

Finster101
04-11-2019, 07:28 PM
I use to hate them until i shot one I still think that they are Fugly but they do work well

I've tried several, I still don't want one. I don't bad mouth them or people who love them but they are not for me. It's kinda the firearm version of Ford vs Chevy, just pick the opposing pistol you like.

dverna
04-11-2019, 09:04 PM
I am a gun snob. Ridiculed Glocks for years. Got one on a whim and now have three.

IMHO they are superior to the Kimbers I used to carry as a fighting gun.

Kudos to Mr Norris for not being Hollywierd.

Mal Paso
04-11-2019, 09:05 PM
I heard Glock tried to get John Wick who does the "pro circuit" for H&K.

fatelk
04-11-2019, 09:49 PM
One of my co-workers was telling me all about how bad of an actor Chuck Norris is, and how he doesn’t like him. I told him he should just be honest and admit that he hates him for his politics (Chuck Norris is an outspoken conservative and sincere Christian).

I have to chuckle when I hear people say Norris can’t act. He’s had dozens upon dozens of successful movies and TV shows, and he can’t act?? He’s no Humphrey Bogart, and his success may have more to do with his martial arts skills and ultimate tough-guy persona, but to say he can’t act rings a bit hollow.

As to Glocks I’m like a lot of you guys. I never cared for them, wanted a real gun instead. I got a good deal on a police trade in many years ago but didn’t shoot it much for a long time, because I just didn’t care for it. It didn’t feel right to me.

One day somewhere along the line I started shooting it more. The more I shot it the more I liked it. I still think they have the ergonomics of a brick and the soul of a 2x4, but they are a solid, functional, reliable tool. Plain, ubiquitous, and replaceable like a hammer on the shelf with a hundred others at Home Depot, but a very useable tool.

BNE
04-11-2019, 10:11 PM
I started out not liking Glocks. Just ugly and felt weird. THEN my daughters college shooting team started going to GSSF matches. I have seen hundreds of them now. Shot lots of them and they are growing on me. I may have to pick up a 43X. I did have to get trained by one of the GSSF members on how to hold them. That made all the difference in the world.

I will say this:
They do not jam.
They can run hundreds if not thousands of rounds and still not jam.
Glock is a good company. I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of the people they send out to the GSSF events and all the folks I have met are just good natured shooters. They are friendly when they don't have to be and have been generous to the team. They are highly interested I getting the younger crowd into the shooting sports. Don't get me wrong, I still love my real metal 1911, and my real metal .357, but Glock is really growing on me.

Welcome Chuck!

David2011
04-11-2019, 10:12 PM

That would just be wrong in so many ways. He’s more of a Peacemaker type.

Glocks aren’t beautiful but they do what is important. They feed any ammunition on the shelf and they’re as reliable as guns get. I’ve had my clock cleaned at USPSA matches, my Dawson Precision STI against a stock G35. They work just fine. It’s not the gun, it’s the gunner.

iomskp
04-12-2019, 04:57 AM
I owed a CZ 75 years ago, one of those ones I should have kept, so I bought a model 34 gen 3 I liked the mag release and the price the guy paid me for it and that is all the nice things I can say about Glock.

762 shooter
04-12-2019, 07:09 AM
The only thing good you can say about a Glock is that they go bang every time you pull the trigger.

Not an attribute I would want in a handgun.

nun2kute
04-12-2019, 08:04 AM
LOL, It's all just a matter of "Perspective" !

frkelly74
04-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Since Glock announced that Chuck Norris would become their new spokesman, sales have tripled. Everyone's afraid not to buy one.
Best comment ever!

375supermag
04-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Hi...
I thought about the comments by people saying that Chuck Norris can't act and it brought to mind a qoute by a fellow by the name of Victor Mature who was criticized by a newspaper columnist for his poor acting skills.
Mr. Mature replied, and I am paraphrasing here, that he agreed that he was no actor and had 80 films to prove it.

The point...somebody must like Chuck Norris's acting because they keep paying money to see his movies and TV shows.

Sig556r
04-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Would've agreed with most of the Glock-haters here until I started shooting IDPA.
Big Sig fanboy here, own a lot of the P classic series (220, 226 & 229), the newer 2022 & the 1911s for their "to hell & back reliability".
Since my DA/SA pistols were disadvantaged in SP class while 1911s qualifies only for ESP & CDP class, I bought an M&P40 with a heavy 9mm conversion barrel to level the playing field. Little did I know that trigger & reset of the M&P have to be enhanced (Apex aftermarket) to catch up, which I did, however, it became too light that it wasn't recommended for EDC. Then comes my very first Glock in model 34, out of the box shoots like a charm (gotta get used to the grip angle at first) nothing aftermarket other than cheap Korean mags. Yet to fail neither feeding or extracting...
Still keep some of my Sigs but my Glock collection got bigger (G19, G22 with 357Sig barrel, couple of poly80 with G19 & G17 slides).
I keep mine all gen 3, they're like the AR in semi pistols. They still look ugly to me with not-so-perfect grip angle (poly80 have 1911-like grip angle) but they shoot wherever you point them without FTEs/FTFs common to auto-loading pistols.
Just my 2 cents based on experience

jimlj
04-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Don't own a glock . Thought i would never buy a plastic gun just didn't like them and didn't think they were real guns. Poo poo on them every chance i got. Along came a lowly kel tec 32 at a price i just couldn't pass up. Didn't expect much at all. Boy was i surprised when i took it to the range reasonabley accurate not a tack driver but no problem keeping in center chest on pistol range. The surprising thing is it worked with any ammo i put in it 65 gr , 80 gr , 77 gr rn swc it ate it all i have put several thousand rounds through it not a single ftf. Only problem i had was case bulge on ammo to hot for gun. After this i am willing to give a glock a try if i can get one at the right price.
Kind of off topic on the Kel Tec, but every time I hear about a P32 I have to laugh. I was talking to my brother in law once and he was telling me about his P32. He said it was so small he could hide it in the crack of his ___. I said "that's one gun I'll never ask to borrow".
Back to the Glock, I'm not a hater but not a lover either. I just can't get used to the grip angle. If someone told me I could only have one hand gun it very well may be a Glock though. As others have said it is a tool that always works when called upon.

trapper9260
04-12-2019, 11:53 AM
It is good that Chuck is doing this .Better then others that look down on the gun companies out there. I have seen Chuck years ago in person when I was in the navy .Also Found out one of my Uncles was friends with him. Some will say he is a bad actor.If they made the money he did, they would not say that. He is for the 2nd .I do not own any glock ,I will not put someone down that dose have one.It is still a free country and enough guns makers to choose from.

fatelk
04-12-2019, 02:48 PM

Anyone else remember a Sam Elliot movie, where he was in Australia as a PI chasing a gang of thieves or something? He didn't have a Glock, but I remember he bought a black-market S&W model 29, then spent the rest of the movie randomly slinging lead at the bad guys but never hitting anything.

I saw a Sam Elliot movie at Redbox the other day. I was tempted to rent it for a fraction of a second, but couldn't get past the name of the movie. "The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot" just sounds like the kind of movie I shouldn't waste my time on, even if it does have one of my favorite actors.

nagantguy
04-12-2019, 03:23 PM
Anyone else remember a Sam Elliot movie, where he was in Australia as a PI chasing a gang of thieves or something? He didn't have a Glock, but I remember he bought a black-market S&W model 29, then spent the rest of the movie randomly slinging lead at the bad guys but never hitting anything.

I saw a Sam Elliot movie at Redbox the other day. I was tempted to rent it for a fraction of a second, but couldn't get past the name of the movie. "The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then The Bigfoot" just sounds like the kind of movie I shouldn't waste my time on, even if it does have one of my favorite actors.

Just watched the man who killed Hitler and Bigfoot- it is a great movie!! Seriously they pulled it off and it’s a wonderful story about aging warriors; the sense of duty some have, regret and loneliness. Really well
Done.

Bigslug
04-12-2019, 04:09 PM
Does a company selling a pistol that works, rarely breaks in the original chambering, is easy to maintain, is equipping something north of 80% of the world's law enforcement, and is presently landing new U.S. contracts left and right really NEED to be paying an American celebrity spokesman?

They seem to be selling plenty of them without signing an extra large paycheck. Browning didn't need that kind of help for much the same reasons. I think this shows a lack of understanding between Austrians and the folks they're advertising too. Still. . . should be fun to watch all the spin.

Walkingwolf
04-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Why should I listen to Chuck more than any other celebrity on any issue of mine that does not concern them. I own two Glocks, but this mentality of treating potential customers like they have an IQ of less than 50 turns me off.

jonp
04-12-2019, 05:51 PM

Superman has a picture of Chuck Norris on his pajama's.

jonp
04-12-2019, 05:54 PM
Don't like Glock's and will never buy one but they are one of the most reliable platforms on the planet. Their adoption all over the world speaks to that. If Chuck want's to speak for them then good for him. No bad words for either.

osteodoc08
04-13-2019, 10:07 PM
Just saw he’s endorsing the Toyota Tacoma in new commercials.

Finster101
04-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Just saw he’s endorsing the Toyota Tacoma in new commercials.

Ah, well that's another product I won't buy. Never cared for his hokey home gym thingy either. Chuck's okay. Just don't care for his line of stuff so far.

Der Gebirgsjager
04-13-2019, 11:07 PM
Chuck? That's a surprise. He doesn't need a gun, does he?

Walks
04-13-2019, 11:34 PM
He may not need a gun, but he needs a buck.

Took a few lessons from him at his studio just after he opened it in the San Fernando Valley back in the mid- 1960's.
Dropped out after a dozen lessons.
Never seen a movie or TV show he headlined.

Don't like Glocks, but own 2. A 23 w/9mm conversion bbl. And a 21, both with Wolfe bbl's with conventional rifling.

Don't like them, but they are the most reliable Auto-Loader's I've ever owned.

I would pick a Glock above all others to stake my life on. And I do.

bob208
04-14-2019, 10:57 AM
I have lived 69 years with out a glock or a chuck norris in my life don't need either now.

Texas by God
04-14-2019, 03:00 PM
I could get by with just a Glock for a handgun if I had to. Accurate, tough, reliable. That said I don't own one presently. I'm looking hard at the inexpensive G22 .40 trade ins for a go bag pistol. In Walker; Texas Ranger Chuck usually carried a fancy 1911 or a fancy S&W N frame - I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RED BEAR
04-14-2019, 05:12 PM
I only brought up the kel tec as it is a plastic gun. I don't own a glock mainly because i didn't think i would ever own a plastic gun. But i would definitely consider one now. As long as it goes bang every time i pull the trigger thats what matters. As far as the 32 it has been used for self-defense for over 100 years and through two world wars. I feel absolutely comfortable carrying it. Its were you hit more than what you shoot. After all a hole in the head is a hole in the head. If you feel you need more then god bless do what you feel .Very sorry i got off the subject just using as an example

shooterg
04-14-2019, 06:12 PM
Walker with a Glock vs. Magnum PI/Jesse Stone with a 1911 at High Noon !

gnoahhh
04-18-2019, 12:29 PM
He ought to be spokesman for Team .36 Colt Navy, as old as he is.:kidding:

frkelly74
04-18-2019, 03:27 PM
He ought to be spokesman for Team .36 Colt Navy, as old as he is.:kidding:

Come on now. he is not that old,,.... from a certain point of view.

poppy42
04-18-2019, 03:44 PM
Who’s your favorite hottie ?

Mike[/QUOTE]

Ziva David! Any woman, that looked that good and that good with a knife is got my vote! Even if she was a fictional character!

frkelly74
04-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Ziva.... Fictional???? noooooooo! She is not dead you know.

FergusonTO35
04-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Surprised at the Glock animosity here- a solid gun that shoots and shoots and can be built or fixed on the kitchen counter; for less than the price of most competitors and tons of OEM and after market support. Figured more would like a reliable bargain. One time Glock detractor here - once I was bitten it really took- after thousands of CPL and other students its the one sure fire pistol that comes through the door- just recently a fellow brought in a Glock- don’t know what model- in 45 GAP- couldn’t find ammo so he’d purchased a 40 cal drop in conversion kit- dropped it in just before range went hot while others ate lunch;
And shot 150 rounds without a hitch. Even with a goofy caliber pistol
And a 40 conversation unit he was still under $500. They just work.

That's my point exactly. I can get any part I want, OEM or aftermarket, shipped to my door for cheap right frickin' now. I can completely disassemble and reassemble it with just a thin pointed object. It has so few parts that when you open one up it looks like stuff is missing. I can shoot it as well as any other handgun out there. What's not to like? If I want to look at a sexy gun, I get out my Browning Hi-Power!

poppy42
04-18-2019, 08:34 PM
Ziva.... Fictional???? noooooooo! She is not dead you know.

I know! I know!
I’ve been watching NCIS since it was a spin off of JAG. I even have a picture of myself outside of NCIS HQ in Norfolk!