PDA

View Full Version : Well on a roll

RED BEAR
04-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Well did it again . Bought 16 pounds of powder by mistake i can't use.been putting the stuff together to cast for my 6.5x55 swede . Bought brass and gas checks a while back bought lyman mold got it and went out and cast up 20 pounds of bullets look great came in and went to size and install gas checks. Who new that 6.5 gas checks came in two sizes obviously not me. Glad i only ordered 1000. Ordered the ones for smaller shank and will give it a nother go when they get here.

JBinMN
04-11-2019, 09:54 AM
You are not alone in ordering things, even non handloading stuff & getting the wrong items.
;)

G'Luck! in your "recovery".
;)

Winger Ed.
04-13-2019, 10:44 PM
Well did it again . Bought 16 pounds of powder by mistake i can't use.

You're not thinking this through, its an opportunity that shouldn't be missed:

------You now need a correct rifle or two to fit all that powder.

RED BEAR
04-14-2019, 08:30 AM
Well i already use the brass i pick up at the range. When i get enough of a caliber to reload then i start looking for a gun and tell the wife i already have the brass. If i see loading dies at a really good price i will buy them and figure this is just another gun i can look for. i figure down the road i can look for another mold. The wife has cought on to me so we will see how it goes. The powder really was a mistake i thought i was bidding on another lot oh well i already floated the idea of a gun to use it in don't think she's buying it. And oh yes she is boss happy wife happy life.

Winger Ed.
04-14-2019, 11:10 AM
l i already floated the idea of a gun to use it in don't think she's buying it. And oh yes she is boss happy wife happy life.

The ultimate in diplomacy is getting some one to do what you want, and have them think it was their idea.