PDA

View Full Version : 2 year Anniversery

kmw1954
04-09-2019, 11:14 PM
Tomorrow 4/10/19 will be 2 years since my open heart surgery and yesterday 4/8/19 was 2 years since I had my last cigarette!

I can remember each like they just happened and still get cravings for a smoke until the pain memory kicks in. I would like to thank my wife for being there for me and showing me the strength to survive. Thanks Cath.

BigAlofPa.
04-09-2019, 11:38 PM
I had a double bypass in april of 2014. Then a stent that August. One of the bypasses collapsed. I stopped smoking too. But i do vape. Doc said he rather me vape than smoke. I can now hike and not run out of breath. I out do some of the young folks in my family.

myg30
04-10-2019, 05:19 AM
Glad your still here with us km. Having a major surgery is really a life changer fer sure. I’m getting close to 61 and almost 4 yr ago survived a major surgery.
It sure makes you think about how fragile we really are and we’re not 10’ tall and bullet proof any more.
I thank God every day now for letting me be here. There’s a little PTSD type thing that comes goes from time to time, and it’s hard to understand why and how.
Glad you quit the smoking, I never started. The smell and taste never appealed to me as a kid.
Be safe, make the best out of your life and enjoy your second chance at life. I’m sure Cathy was a big help and support in your recovery.
We can’t take back time, the older we get the faster it goes by. Enjoy life, it’s a good thing!

Mike

kmw1954
04-10-2019, 10:09 AM
Thanks all, Ny bypass was on a Monday morning and I don't remember anything until Late Tuesday afternoon. Even that is a blur with pcs missing. When I came to I still had a breathing tube, a mainline tube in my neck and 4 drain tubes from my chest. I don't wish that on anyone! I also pray and thank My Lord that he provided these fine Dr's the skills and ability to perform what they do.

So today I get to contact my Life insurance co. and inform them I have now been smoke free for 2 years and they now have to reduce my Premium.

Tom W.
04-10-2019, 10:56 AM
After a while you'll get repulsed by the smell of cigarettes. I stopped cold turkey over 25 years ago. Haven't had one since. My health has since gone into a downward spiral, but at least I can't blame it on smoking .....

Beerd
04-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Happy anniversary!
My 5 year is coming at the end of the month.

kmw1954
04-10-2019, 05:58 PM
Happy anniversary!
My 5 year is coming at the end of the month.

Very Good to you!!! It is getting easier though right now I'm fighting a chest cold as teased the Dr that I thought all this was supposed to stop when I quit.

Tom W. smoke doesn't bother me. I can ride in the car with people smoking I just ask them to open a window. And fire pit smoke is still wonderful as long as there is no garbage in it.!

woodbutcher
04-10-2019, 06:38 PM
:D Had my triple by pass June 16 2008.Thank you Dr Thomas Gaines and team.And UT medical center in Knoxville Tn for their great care.My normal schedule was back on track after two weeks.That includes harvesting,loading,splitting and stacking firewood to heat the house.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo