PDA

View Full Version : Armscor Brass Vs Starline

Art in Colorado
04-07-2019, 07:04 PM
I asked about the quality of Armscor Brass before. Well, I was preparing their 10MM brass for reloading and I had a few pieces of Starline in the batch. So I thought I would weigh each and see if their was any diffrence. Well the Starline weighed 69 grains on my electronic scale and the Armscor weighed 75 grains. Not much more but was surprised that the Armscor weghied more:?:

mattw
04-07-2019, 07:19 PM
I have really liked Armscor brass, I shoot them in 9, 357 and 10mm. Starline is very tough to beat as well. It could be a minor difference in the way they form the web?

jrayborn
04-07-2019, 08:45 PM
I like armscor and S&B. Both make good brass.

BigAlofPa.
04-07-2019, 09:56 PM
When i need more 10mm brass. I'll give the armscor a try. I have split some of my starline faster than some range pickups.

Bmi48219
04-07-2019, 10:40 PM
When I started loading 30 carbine I purchased 500 Star-Line and 500 L C. I had accumulated several hundred mixed HS commercial brass too. Star-Line was lighter than the rest. The L C (1950's vintage) was the heaviest.

Walks
04-07-2019, 10:50 PM
Had some S&B .38spl brass yrs back. Shot it and reloaded it, or tried to anyway. Wouldn't take a CCI SP primer, tried a W-W SP primer. Wouldn't fit either.

Tossed them in the scrap bucket. Never picked up another s&b case. American, German or Swedish only, maybe Italian too.

Maine1
04-07-2019, 11:07 PM
When I buy new brass, of any type....I go starline first. Their brass is tough.
The only thing that changes is I don't bother with nickel brass anymore, I get all yellow.
That said, if I find a decent trade on brass I can use, I usually take it.
The only really BAD brass- as in USELESS ive run into is AMERC brass.
Could not load it...could not make Dummy rounds with it. brass was hard, bad primer pockets, offcenter flash holes...

contender1
04-08-2019, 10:26 AM
I shoot USPSA competition.
As such,, I need reliable ammo in my guns. I have found that SOME brands have a lot of failure to chamber issues, as well as extraction issues. I have found that by using known American made brass (for the most part,) allows me to cull very few rounds when I chamber check my loaded ammo. S&B, Amerc, & others just seem to give me issues in reloading & chambering. As such,,, I stick with quality stuff.

Next,, for serious long range accuracy,,, especially in revolvers,, New brass can & will make a difference. I also set up ammo for hunting,, and neck tension in my cast boolits is important when shooting past 100 yds.
To me,, it's all about reliability & accuracy.