PDA

View Full Version : Not that I deserve it,

04-05-2019, 11:30 PM
...but I could use some prayer...for my myself amd my family. The last few days have been some of the the most challenging of my entire life. My family now split apart with little to no chance of reconciliation. Never thought it could happen to us.

Any pull you may have with the big guy would be so appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Markopolo
04-05-2019, 11:42 PM
Oh sir.. prayers sent. Could you send me a pm on what happened so I can pray specifically? I will promise to pray each day for you and your family..

And also PM me your first name. I am sure God knows who 468 is.. just easier for me.

Marko

tinhorn97062
04-05-2019, 11:45 PM
You ARE deserving of prayer. YOU matter to the Lord.

04-05-2019, 11:55 PM
Thanks guys.

Sorry Marko. Not comfortable sharing details. Too fresh a wound.

trails4u
04-06-2019, 12:41 AM
tinhorn has it right. God loves us all, and you sir are as worthy of prayer as anyone on this planet! Let Him speak to you.....

In my prayers, brother.

rl69
04-06-2019, 07:38 AM
A fellow said" love is giving someone what they need the most, when they least deserve it,at great cost to yourself"

USMC87
04-06-2019, 07:54 AM
We are praying for reconciliation and healing of your family.

Boaz
04-06-2019, 08:03 AM
Prayer sent and will continue . Situations can heal .

Pine Baron
04-06-2019, 08:33 AM
Prayers of intercession. May He show you the path forward, in Jesus name. Amen

jcren
04-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Prayers sent

Hickok
04-06-2019, 09:49 AM
We are praying for reconciliation and healing of your family.And Amen!

square butte
04-06-2019, 10:35 AM
Prayer sent up for you and family

RED BEAR
04-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Prayers sent wishing all the best for you and yours.

Goatwhiskers
04-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Prayers up for healing, and for understanding for all concerned. GW

buckwheatpaul
04-06-2019, 07:35 PM
...but I could use some prayer...for my myself amd my family. The last few days have been some of the the most challenging of my entire life. My family now split apart with little to no chance of reconciliation. Never thought it could happen to us.

Thanks in advance.

A number of years my father had a huge blow up with his brothers.....they literally didnt speak for over 20 years. One day my father approached his oldest brother and they both bent and began to heal the wounds that were in all reality silly. Through time they mended their fences and were all right as they began to move on to be with the Lord. I was soooo happy that they were able to reconcile and forgive.....Praise the Lord for His intervention.

I pray that Christ will move your family to mend their fences and to heal their wounds......AMEN

big bore 99
04-06-2019, 07:58 PM
Prayers sent.

Preacher Jim
04-06-2019, 08:06 PM
Adding you to my prayer list for reconciliation of you and your family.

Pete44mag
04-06-2019, 10:38 PM
My prayers are with you and your family, and I will continue them in the future.

Forty Rod Ray
04-06-2019, 10:43 PM
Hang on, it gets smoother a little piece ahead...

smoked turkey
04-06-2019, 10:58 PM
468, in reality none of us deserve the grace and abundant blessings that the Lord so graciously pours out on us. I read your post with a heart of compassion. I feel your pain in that we have something going on here in our family too that I never thought would happen to us. It is somewhat difficult to pray because if you are like us you are torn with emotions and heartache. Just pray and have faith that the Lord also feels and knows your pain. He loves you unconditionally and will help you move that mountain. He is always at work for us even when we don't see it. I will pray for you and your family.

dverna
04-06-2019, 11:34 PM
You are being very hard on yourself. Ease up. God loves all his children.

04-07-2019, 08:01 PM
Thanks and appreciation to all of you

Boaz
04-07-2019, 09:45 PM
Still praying .

TNRELOADER
04-07-2019, 11:10 PM
Prayers sent

Wayne Smith
04-08-2019, 07:38 AM
Praying for you and your family, reconciliation is through the Holy Spirit, rely on Him for change.

WRideout
04-08-2019, 10:34 AM
When we are at our wits end, and no longer have the power to bring about change, that is when miracles can occur. Be open to the power of the One who created the universe. Your family is in my prayers.

Wayne

marek313
04-08-2019, 10:53 AM
I'm in the middle of a divorce myself so I feel your pain and just like you I didnt see it coming neither.
Wish you best of luck bud.

Preacher Jim
04-14-2019, 06:13 AM
Families need reconciliation for the Lord never intended for them to be temporary. Praying for all suffering from breakups in their family.

09-19-2019, 10:49 PM
Thank you all again for your prayers and words. I wish I could tell you things are getting better. It’s amazing what one can endure when they have the support of fiends.

I never thought I would ever have to turn my back on a family member. But I am fearful of what I might be compelled to do if I didn’t. I guess i’m confessing how basic my intellect truly is. Even primal in my dark thoughts. I just never thought a family member was capable of such deceit and thievery. ...all the while professing to be Christian and making statements as to how he and his wife pray aloud every night for “us”. What a crock of ****. Surely God knows what’s in a man’s heart regardless of what he professes to be.

If there is truly “karma”, I hope i’m around to witness. Vengeance is His... it states somewhere. So, is it wrong to pray for this?

Yeah, I’m having a bad night...

Walks
09-19-2019, 11:15 PM
I Know your Pain, I felt it when My last living sibling left.
I don't think the pain ever goes away.
But time = distance. The pain just gets less intense.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

smoked turkey
09-19-2019, 11:47 PM
468, I just sent you a pm prior to reading this recent post from you. I will say that people will fail us, but the LORD never will. Yes one day God will meet us at the judgement and we will be judged for our works while on this earth. The bible says that some of our works will be burned up. I believe those works are the "wood, hay, & stubble". Some will be as gold and those we will be rewarded for. In answer to your question-Yes, God knows what is in a man's heart. He will separate the good from the bad. You must not let this situation darken your heart and get to the point of wanting to take matters into your own hands. It is as you think..God the righteous judge will sort it all out and justice will be served. It's hard being patient, but just keep praying for those involved that they will one day realize the truth and what they have done. My job and your job is to keep our eyes on Him and keep in the heavenly race until the end comes. I hope this does not come across as too "heavy". I just want to encourage you.

rl69
09-20-2019, 06:30 AM
Is it wrong ???? No I don't think it's wrong. But it's not what the lord wants us to do. He has taught us to pray for those who have hurt us. Look to him for your stringth.

Wayne Smith
09-20-2019, 06:53 AM
I believe that He told us the 'Vengance is Mine' simply because He knows how important it is to us. We need to realize that our vengance is very limited and not righteous, His is completely righteous and permanent. If we are willing to leave it to Him it allows us to keep our eyes on Him and not on the person who has hurt us. It is to encourage us that He tells us this.

GhostHawk
09-20-2019, 06:58 AM
Ask yourself this question.

If Jesus was there by your side in the flesh, if he had gone through this with you, from start to end.

What would he do?

He would forgive. He might not trust, or he might choose to distance himself from this person to avoid "drama" in the future. But he would look deeper. Why is this person doing this?

When he guided me to go back through all my old memorys of pain and heartache. I saw that people inflict pain because they are in pain. Pain we often know nothing about. They don't know how to get rid of that pain. And the old saw, Misery loves company is true.

People in pain inflict pain on others.

Forgive them. Look at them and their actions through Jesus's eyes, love them, pity them, and forgive them.
And if you can do that, you may just get to see your karma come full circle.

But don't let that pain, anger, hate sit in your heart and become radioactive poisonous sludge that can separate you from God.

Keep your heart pure so the Holy Spirit can live within you.

Pain shared is pain reduced, diminished. But they have to talk it out. Causing more pain does not help.
Joy shared is joy multiplied, share it with all you meet.

Pine Baron
09-20-2019, 09:14 AM
There is iron in the words of Ghosthawk.^^
It may seem hard to forgive at the moment, but it is the only way to peace with yourself. Never give anybody the power to control your own thoughts and feelings.
May God's Grace and Mercy be your guideline. in Jesus name,amen.

09-20-2019, 10:04 AM
You guys are F'n awesome... I just wish I had the strength to actually live your words.

...and I pray for healing for all of us.

Look at us "bad ***", tough guy, gun toting, reloading men, offering our support for each other.

Char-Gar
09-20-2019, 03:53 PM

Thanks in advance.

Folks get to be in charge of their lives in this world, that is called "free will". God will not force people to do what they don't want to do. That said even in the most difficult of times, God sends his grace, comfort and support to all parties that sincerly ask for it. God's grace is freely given and not because people deserve it.

GhostHawk
09-20-2019, 09:14 PM
Nobody ever said it was easy. When I went through it I had 50+ years of pain, and I spent most of a week as an absolute wreck. Spent the largest part of 3 days listening to country gospel songs and crying my heart out.

The advantage I had was perspective and distance. None of it was real recent. Makes it easier to see the whole picture. Your not so close to it, the pain is not so fresh.

But if you work at it, you can do it. When in doubt, ask yourself, What would Jesus do?

He always loved, he always turned the other cheek, and he always forgave. But it is NOT easy.

But knowing that another person did it means if you work at it, you can do it too. You know it can be done.

My life has not been anyones good example of how to live, act, behave, or treat others.
And some days I slip, stumble, trip, fail and fall. But you get up and try again. Try to learn from it.

Hang in there man.

Wayne Smith
09-21-2019, 08:25 AM
I remember the Rich Young Ruler who went away sorrowing. Not every encounter with Christ was positive, the Pharisees didn't appreciate Him very much either.

Something to consider. Forgiveness is demanded by God, we have no other option. To me this means that forgiveness is between me and God, not me and the other person. If I dump all my hurt and pain and anger on God then I am possibly ready for reconciliation. Our model of reconciliation is Christ, he reconciles us to God on the basis of our fudamental change, or repentence, which He makes possible. If or until this change occurs in that other person I don't believe you have any requirement to reconcile the relationship.

Blackwater
09-24-2019, 11:59 AM
When "bad things" happen in our lives, we tend to look up and cry out "Why me?" Never have I even heard of anyone crying out "Why NOT me?" But it's a lot more appropriate, if we stop and think about it. Why has God let this tragedy happen in your life? Only you can figure that out. But when these type things happen, it seems to always indicate that there's something we need very badly to learn. If God never allowed us to suffer for our mistakes, we'd probably never learn anything! It might help (?) to look back, with complete honesty, and retrace how it all started. Honesty of that sort can be brutal, but it always pays off in the end, for it keeps us from repeating our mistakes. And as a result, our lives are changed for the better, and we can be truly satisfied in this life. God be with you.