PDA

View Full Version : Inline Fab variations II

oldhenry
04-05-2019, 09:18 PM
I am no longer a rifle shooter due to cataract surgery to my right eye... my shooting eye. I'm now a handgun shooter only which I can do with my left eye (not as well as my right eye when it was in good condition). I now use my Redding Ultra Mag primarily for de-priming. To optimize the UM for this purpose,I used several Inline Fabrication products. My use varies slightly from their design.

I had it mounted on an IL Ultra Mt. (love it) & recently remounted it with the 6"X7"X1/8" aluminum plate between the press & the UM.

The plate is even with the Redding on the right & protrudes on the left. Remember that I did not throw away the OEM Dillon #13803 "ejected cartridge chute". It's still doing it's designed job except it underwent some surgery & is currently supporting a green
case holder on the left side of the Redding Ultra Mag.

I mounted the IL shell holder on he rear of the aluminum plate & their die holder on the right side of the plate: perfect for 3 dies & my RCBS primer pocket swager.

Photos:
#1: Dillon OEM #13803 modified & bolted to the left side of the Redding
#2: Inline green cartridge bin in place (mounted to above brkt.)
#3: Die mount
#4: Shell holder mount
#5: Redding ready to go

Henry

georgerkahn
04-05-2019, 09:37 PM
Looks great! I, too, have the "dams" -- your photo #2 -- which are, perhaps, imho one of the best additions to my 550b set-up. I use Acro-bins which are the same general size, but maybe 1/2 as long as the ones from Dillon, and with the Dam -- overflow to floor has yet to be a problem.
geo

Walter Laich
04-07-2019, 02:21 PM
as to the bin 'dams'--I cut thin wood that would fit the openings and wire tied them on. Does a fine job and cost was free as I had the wire ties and wood

(I will admit my wife calls me cheap)