PDA

View Full Version : Bedroom Deer Blind

Mal Paso
04-02-2019, 08:44 PM
I went to the window just now to check out the clouds and spooked 3 deer and a Hawk that was sitting in a tree 25' from me.

Here are a couple coastal mule deer outside the bedroom door 2 days ago.

knifemaker
04-02-2019, 10:03 PM
Those should be costal black tail deer, not mule deer. Every deer west of Interstate #5 is considered Black tail deer in CA.

NyFirefighter357
04-02-2019, 10:05 PM
I long from the day I can hunt from my warm bed! lol

pete501
04-02-2019, 10:08 PM
When someone asks if I am getting ready for the hunting season, I tell them I just oiled the hinges on the back door. We have black tail on both sides of I 5 in Oregon.

Edward
04-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Nice photo just a shame lead poison does not work in California

BNE
04-02-2019, 10:18 PM
That is a great view!!

osteodoc08
04-02-2019, 10:29 PM
Absolutely jealous

jsizemore
04-02-2019, 11:33 PM
I got up from the reading chair in the bathroom yesterday morning. Saw 3 does 15' away browsing on new growth. The 4th saw me and started stamping alert. They backed into the undergrowth. I loaded up the toothbrush and moved to the living room window to watch 7 does cross the pasture to the far wood line. Got a good crop for next season.

rcslotcar
04-03-2019, 12:52 AM
What a great view!!!(#2)

CastingFool
04-03-2019, 08:45 AM
I tell people I "hunt" deer all year long. Then, I explain I'm always looking out the windows, checking for deer movement. I mentally record the time and location of sighting. We live out in the country, and our nearest neighbors are are 1/3 mile away. There is a huge farm field south of us, and a good sized bedding area, and north of us there is more bedding and a water source. Basically, we are in a travel corridor

lightman
04-03-2019, 10:07 AM
Thats nice! I always enjoy your pictures. I sort of envy you guys that live in the country and can see wildlife. I live in town, a small town, and on the very edge. The city limits and farm land starts 75Ft out my back door. We see deer across the field, coyotes, have coons and possums occasionally.

gbrown
04-03-2019, 10:17 AM
Reminds me of our old lease, cabin on a hill with no trees out front. 200 yards to the treeline/creek down the hill. Closest residence about a mile away. Front door had an 18 inch square piece of plexiglass that would open upwards. Lots of time, people would say, "I'm hunting the cabin, today" Lots of deer killed on that hill. Good times. Nothing like being able to see nature up close and personal.

Markopolo
04-03-2019, 10:18 AM
That one deer was pregnant.

TCFAN
04-03-2019, 10:34 AM
My wife snapped this photo last fall from her recliner

https://i.imgur.com/7uijzYT.jpg

She just ran 10 deer out of the yard yesterday morning that were eating on her flowers.

Markopolo
04-03-2019, 12:06 PM
That one deer in the original pic was pregnant...

Markopolo
04-03-2019, 12:12 PM
I saw this on the way to my monthly visit to town this morning around 6am..

https://youtu.be/04QwHEhLC-M

If I could get my photo, together with your photo, it would make for an interesting picture.. lol

Winger Ed.
04-03-2019, 12:15 PM
She just ran 10 deer out of the yard yesterday morning that were eating on her flowers.

I have a cousin outside of Austin that had deer eating their flowers in front of the porch.

They put a electric fence hot wire around them.
In two days, the deer figured out they could come up onto the porch and eat flowers from the 'safe' side.

nagantguy
04-03-2019, 12:58 PM
I also am bless d to have wildlife and forest/swamp all around me; this time of year we have Tom turkey strutt their stuff for our laying hens- few thanksgiving meals have come from sitting in the dog run out back and catching them on their way out from the chicken yard.

Mal Paso
04-03-2019, 03:51 PM
Thats nice! I always enjoy your pictures. I sort of envy you guys that live in the country and can see wildlife. I live in town, a small town, and on the very edge. The city limits and farm land starts 75Ft out my back door. We see deer across the field, coyotes, have coons and possums occasionally.

Here you go. This is looking the other way when it isn't socked in with fog like it is now, LOL

Shepherd2
04-03-2019, 04:38 PM
It'a not unusual around here to look out the bedroom window in the morning and see 6 or even 12 in the front or back yard. Sometimes both. It's a rare day when we don't see any deer. Last year a young bald eagle showed up and it's back this year. It often sits in the top of an old hickory tree down by the pond.

jonp
04-03-2019, 07:07 PM
I woke up one morning at my hunting camp and turned over to see a moose looking in the window at me. Moose, bear, deer etc all wander by. Sal Pal has a great view and is very lucky

RED BEAR
04-03-2019, 07:37 PM
Thats pretty cool. I see animals on occasion in my back yard. Wife got to see a possum on our back deck a little closer than she liked.

DougGuy
04-03-2019, 07:49 PM
A few years ago I lived in town, behind my house was 700 heavily wooded acres where deer, coon, fox, possum, groundhog, rabbit, squirrel, all lived in my side and back yard. Hunting was raising the kitchen window a couple of inches and putting in the earplugs that lay beside the SBH on the kitchen counter. I'm sure I was in violation of local laws but wth, gotta eat. You couldn't hear the shot even standing in front of the house. Neighbors never suspected. I miss that place, but all that land has been developed and the little house is not secluded anymore.

Mal Paso you have it better than good sir!

Lloyd Smale
04-06-2019, 09:22 AM
heck yesterday you could have hit them over the head with a 30 round glock magazine. But snooze and you loose I guess cause it against the law again today. I had some glock and ar mags boxed up to send to my step son in northern Ca but found out this morning its already to late.