PDA

View Full Version : A little info

tdoor4570
03-31-2019, 10:15 AM
Is there anyone making a shovel handle for a RCBS rock chucker. think that will work better for me than the bike handle

Hardcast416taylor
03-31-2019, 11:36 AM
I`ve gone from the `bike handle` ( I even put a bike handle grip on over the factory grip once) I then went to a roller grip handle a friend and I designed and made then finally I got a pool table ball bored to the metal handle dimension and epoxyed it on. I like the pool ball method best of all other tries.Robert

Blindshooter
03-31-2019, 11:53 AM
I'm a fan of the 8 ball myself. Little bigger than the balls on most presses and seems to be a bit less stressful on my hand and wrist. I use whatever epoxy I have on hand, the last one was done with JB weld I think.

Kenstone
03-31-2019, 01:04 PM
Wearing a work glove on my right hand, for a press with a Ball, has taken the ouch of loading for me.
jmo
:mrgreen:

tdoor4570
03-31-2019, 11:37 PM
Have been the pool ball route on other presses would like to try a roller shovel handle. seems like it would be better on my hand

1hole
04-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Perhaps you're gripping the ball handle too tight?

I always hold mine quite loosely so the ball can rotate under my fingers as the lever falls and the pressure angle changes.

I've never used a shovel type handle so I don't know but I suspect the fixed angle of that grip would soon become a problem for me.

hornetman
04-02-2019, 01:47 PM
Take a look at the roller handles from in-line fabrication. I have them on a Rockchucker, a Summit, a couple of Co-axes and a couple of Dillons. Wish he made them for some of my other presses. Huge improvement in every case.