PDA

View Full Version : Theft

xbeeman412
03-30-2019, 04:59 PM
We have a 30 acre place in Daingerfield Tx that is used for pig hunting and a place to sleep when We gp to our Oklahoma farm Since Myy body wont let Me travel or hunt I was going to go pick up the 4 wheeler and a few other things and bring them to Santa Fe. Had a freind go check on things before making a trip to get stuff. He called Me yesterday and informed Me that all the containers and covered trailer had been broke into Lost a tracctor,4 wheeler,all tools oxy-act welding rig,Tv and who knows what else.

I doubt We will see any of the stuff again just a pain to loose things. Just a bit of a vent on My part.

slim1836
03-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Sorry to hear that, I'm in that area several times a year on weekends. In the 5 years I've been going out there, my friends property has not had any issues. He has cameras everywhere, some of which he monitors on his phone. Let's hope it doesn't happen to him.

Slim

lefty o
03-30-2019, 05:54 PM
i truly hate thieves with a passion. i believe thieves should be hung.

Petrol & Powder
03-30-2019, 07:40 PM
I hate thieves.

Unfortunately a rural location is no guarantee that one will be immune from theft, In fact, remote locations are particularly vulnerable.

rancher1913
03-30-2019, 08:28 PM
sorry to hear that, at least file a report so maybe the sheriff has an idea something is going on in his jurisdiction.

xbeeman412
03-30-2019, 09:12 PM
Report was made yesterday

Markopolo
03-30-2019, 09:14 PM
Awww Charles.. I am very sorry sir.. sin is it’s own punishment sir... vengeance is mine, says the Lord..

lightman
03-30-2019, 11:54 PM
Sorry to hear this. Maybe some of it will be recovered.

FLINTNFIRE
03-31-2019, 02:55 AM
Been my luck nothing ever gets recovered and law enforcement around this town only cares if its one of their own or better connected and this place is heavy on the democrat side . Guns forget it tools forget them almost a waste of time if something is missing , oh if you find out who , they only use yours to get a plea deal on them for other stuff meanwhile tough you know what on charges for your belongings . And the riff raff loves rural , but will steal anything anywhere ,pawn shops here well thick as thieves with the trash and they know its stolen but do not care. Sorry for your loss .

Walks
03-31-2019, 03:27 AM
I hate thieves as much as the next honest man.

But I'm not thrilled with the Security Camera's that are used by my neighbor. He is a believer in Computers for everything, he has camera's covering every angle of his property. And more then half of mine.

I deeply resent his intrusiveness into my property. I can't come and go in privacy. There is no privacy in my own backyard. He has at least 3 seperate monitors in his house, that I know of.
I feel as though I am being spied upon in my own home.

I can see his cameras rotate and watch me as I go from truck to backdoor. My own Patio is under surveillance. I no longer can go from my house's backdoor to my Garage's backdoor without being spied on. He has motion sensors that trigger lights every time I open my backdoor. And the Camera's swivel to watch our every move.

So much for being free in one's own home and privacy.

Mr_Sheesh
03-31-2019, 04:31 AM
Walks, you could put up fences to block their view, I would guess? Annoying and costly, tho. At least their system will reduce your chances of burglary somewhat, on the good side?

sureYnot
03-31-2019, 06:42 AM
Walks, I wouldn't be able to stand that. Temp solution - clothes line, garage sale sheets/blankets.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1911sw45
03-31-2019, 08:58 AM
Walks, I would check with a law enforcement and a attorney. To see if there is something you can do to stop him.

bedbugbilly
03-31-2019, 10:52 AM
Modern day horse thieves and rustlers who re too lazy to work and EARN their own way . . . and we all know what they used to do to such people in the "old west". Hopefully some or all of your stuff will show up / / / I would think local LE might have some ideas of where it went or where to at least look? Bu mow to ,ay have been "converted" in to something to put up their nose or in their veins . . . . oh, I forgot . . . the left says there is no border crises or drug issues . . . .

shortlegs
03-31-2019, 12:40 PM
I was told that a laser shined in camera would burn it out.I dont know ,but its worth a try if you have a laser.

Conditor22
03-31-2019, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Charles, this just hasn't been your year!

The only thing that will stop thieves is the fear of repercussions.

Maybe the serial numbers of some of the stuff that got taken will turn up.

Makes you wish you had hidden some GPS tracking chips in some of those item.

Shawlerbrook
03-31-2019, 01:35 PM
Stealing is a big problem in rural areas these days. Mostly drug addicts looking for something to trade for their next fix. They ought to put out a bounty on these lowlifes.

slim1836
03-31-2019, 01:36 PM

But I'm not thrilled with the Security Camera's that are used by my neighbor. He is a believer in Computers for everything, he has camera's covering every angle of his property. And more then half of mine.

I deeply resent his intrusiveness into my property. I can't come and go in privacy. There is no privacy in my own backyard. He has at least 3 seperate monitors in his house, that I know of.

I can see his cameras rotate and watch me as I go from truck to backdoor. My own Patio is under surveillance. I no longer can go from my house's backdoor to my Garage's backdoor without being spied on. He has motion sensors that trigger lights every time I open my backdoor. And the Camera's swivel to watch our every move.

IMHO, that would be an invasion of privacy and stalking. Both can be against the law. Record what happens with his motion detector lights and cameras as you move about your property for reference as you sue him in a court of law.

Slim

Wis Tom
03-31-2019, 02:33 PM
Sorry for the pain and loss, of theft. The world of drugs have not helped, and is the cause of so much evil, wanting someone's else's stuff, that was worked and paid for, just to hawk for drugs. Not going to get any better, anytime soon. I cannot comment on Walks problem, as he is in Calif, and I have learned to never guess, on what is legal, and what is not, in Calif. I know they have protection laws that are things that you would never think of, in other states. Be careful, as you use a laser, or something to ruin one of their cameras, you might be facing jail time, so be careful. Just saying.

LynC2
03-31-2019, 02:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your losses. Unfortunately there are a lot of thieves looking for a quick profit at another's expense, usually for a drug fix. �� Like you here, I believe in being honest and our word is as good as gold in the bank. Unfortunately there are far too many scumbags that pray on the rest of us. Hopefully they are caught and you recover gour possessions.

xbeeman412
03-31-2019, 05:11 PM
Thank the LORD!!!!

The air compressor ,4 wheeler ramps, and some tools have been recovered.

More updates as I get them.

Conditor22
03-31-2019, 05:23 PM
Now that they have these tools, the police have a lead on who did it. Your odds of recovery have greatly improved :)

xbeeman412
03-31-2019, 05:34 PM
Praise the LORD again!!!

TRactor,4 wheeler,and ALL have been recorved!!! My freind is on his way to pick up everything in the town of Alanta Tx as I type.

popper
03-31-2019, 05:47 PM
and pics of the bad guys that you can post on every spot in Atlanta?

JBinMN
03-31-2019, 07:19 PM
Thank the LORD!!!!

The air compressor ,4 wheeler ramps, and some tools have been recovered.

More updates as I get them.

Praise the LORD again!!!

TRactor,4 wheeler,and ALL have been recorved!!! My freind is on his way to pick up everything in the town of Alanta Tx as I type.

Great news!
:)

I have not posted, but have been following.

I hope you find what you feel is right, for justice in the end.
;)

slim1836
03-31-2019, 07:24 PM
And lets hope all get prosecuted to fullest. Congrats to all involved who caught these individuals.

Slim

fatnhappy
03-31-2019, 07:33 PM
I hate thieves. Cutting off their hands is about the only thing in the Middle East they do right.

Mr_Sheesh
03-31-2019, 09:03 PM
Thought more on the cameras. A mesh of Bright LEDs (search for "Christmas tree wraps") will "swamp" cameras, you could put some up and get some privacy with less obtrusiveness; Might not stop the motion sensors, they should be willing to turn the sensitivity down on their motion detectors if asked politely, though, as they shouldn't care about movement off their property.

And glad your goodies are recovered! I too DETEST thieves.

MaryB
03-31-2019, 09:06 PM

Use your cellphone and record his cameras track you as you show where you are in your yard. Show him a COPY of the video and ask him to change things. If he refuses go to an attorney... you have the evidence he is stalking you.

fatnhappy
03-31-2019, 10:01 PM

You want privacy? Stop shaving, start walking around in a banana hammock 2 sizes too small and do yoga on the back patio.

Surveillance would stop.

Boaz
03-31-2019, 10:06 PM
I'm glad your property was found and the thief identified . Hoping justice is served !

Omega
03-31-2019, 10:12 PM
I'm glad about the quick recovery, and not surprised about the possible culprits, they were my first guess.

Finster101
03-31-2019, 10:13 PM
You want privacy? Stop shaving, start walking around in a banana hammock 2 sizes too small and do yoga on the back patio.

Surveillance would stop.

You are assuming he doesn't do those things now.

Mr_Sheesh
03-31-2019, 10:21 PM
That's a SCARY thought LOL

fast ronnie
03-31-2019, 10:25 PM
Glad to hear you have recovered your possessions. Many times this is not the case.

skeettx
03-31-2019, 10:33 PM
Great on the recovery
Mike

Plate plinker
04-01-2019, 06:37 AM
And lets hope all get prosecuted to fullest. Congrats to all involved who caught these individuals.

Slim

Agreed. I would probably call the prosecutor if they have not contacted you and make myself available for court if necessary.

gwpercle
04-01-2019, 12:50 PM
i truly hate thieves with a passion. I believe thieves should be hung.

like !

David2011
04-05-2019, 10:45 PM
Awesome news! Hoping the district attorney will have a successful proscecution.

Wis Tom
04-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Great news. It's nice to see alittle happier ending, to this story, so far.

AllanD
04-17-2019, 08:00 PM
a couple of years ago someone broke into my shed and stole a bunch of my brass, mostly 38special and 357Mag, but some 44speciaal & 44mag as well un-noticed to me an unmarked jar with some white crystalline powder was also taken, I keep waiting to hear that some DOA (presumed OD victim) at the morgue has EXPLODED because what was in that glass jar was just over two ounces not of any drug, but instead HexaMethylene Triperoxide Diamine.

There was a reason I kept it in a baby food jar inside a plastic Folgers coffee "can" filled with damp sand.
And kept that Folgers can inside a 5gallon pail filled with sand.

But a friend told me it looked like Crystal meth, if someone had put it onto a glass meth pipe and tried to smoke it what would be found is a headless, handless, corpse! And I'd still be laughing hysterically...

Fortunately, I had gotten rid of the five gallons of Methyl Nitrate about four years before so there was no chance for anyone to try to drink it.... :O

sniper
04-17-2019, 11:10 PM
Beeman; If you have a Homeowner's Policy on your primary home, there may be some coverage available for property off-premesis. Talk to your Agent, and read your policy. There are a few agents who will tell you a loss isn't covered, just so it will not appear on their loss ratio history. Good lucK!

Ozark mike
04-17-2019, 11:31 PM
I second or third the motion to hang em high. Maybe we ought to start a petition you can cut there hands off but then they'll just convince someone else to do the deed or try to sue.

xbeeman412
04-18-2019, 10:38 AM
no ins at all

tomme boy
04-18-2019, 05:39 PM
Glad you are getting some of your stuff back.

About the cameras. You have no expectation of privacy in the public. If you can see it with your eyes then you can not do anything about it. You can not trespass your eyes.

DukeInFlorida
04-20-2019, 10:44 AM
I have a buddy back in Maine who was always the victim of thefts. He started hiding game trail cameras around the property, expecting the theifs to come back for more. Sure enough, he quickly had enough evidence to get the three thiefs convicted. They had scrapped most of his stuff for cash, so he never really recovered much. However, the satisfaction that he helped others from losing stuff was repayment enough.
Some of the new game trail cameras actually work with Wireless, and can send an alert and video images of the culprits right to your phone. Being able to call the Sheriff while the bad guys are on the property is pretty neat.