PDA

View Full Version : Wax in a wet tumbler?

gareth96
03-24-2019, 09:40 AM
Saw in the NOE Expander thread that someone stated that some use liquid wax in their wet tumbler, but no mention of what that wax is? What kind of wax do you use?

Will be for 9mm and 45 ACP.. I've been wet tumbling using steel pins, dawn, and lemon shine.

Thanks!

WardT
03-24-2019, 10:07 AM
Use a liquid car " wash n wax " soap instead of Dawn.
I like Armor All.

lefty o
03-24-2019, 10:12 AM
generally any of the automotive wash&wax products get the job done. though, i see many use quite a bit of the stuff, it really only takes a few drops.

gareth96
03-24-2019, 10:22 AM
So don't use the Dawn if I do the Armor All? What about the Lemi-Shine, cut that too? I'm using the Harbor Freight 2x 3 pound drums..

lightman
03-24-2019, 10:24 AM
Substitute the Wash-N-Wax for the Dawn and continue to use the LemiShine.

Walter Laich
03-24-2019, 04:58 PM
I started with Armor-All wash and wax and being cheap tried wally world store brand. Works just as well. The wax keeps the brass from tarnishing

Dawn and car wash and wax don't do well together.

Mal Paso
03-24-2019, 05:18 PM
I tried armor-all but it doesn't remove the bullet lube so I went back to dawn. After I rinse the dawn off the brass I run it through armor-all before drying to stop oxidation.

lightman suggested the armor-all. After all the brass testing I quit using dawn to wash the vehicles and switched to armor-all. LOL

Dancing Bear
03-26-2019, 09:27 AM
Substitute the Wash-N-Wax for the Dawn and continue to use the LemiShine.

This! Continue using whatever amount of Lemishine is working for you. I only add about 1/4 tsp of Armour All W&W to the HF barrel. Have had excellent results tumbling for about 3 hours.

Plus, it seems the cases (straight wall)are much easier to size with the wax mixture.

Bmi48219
03-28-2019, 09:40 AM
I used to use just citric acid & Blue Coral w&w, until I started seeing greasy smudges on my cleaned brass. The gunk coated the inside of my canister and made a mess. Wash & Wax doesn't cut grease very well, Dawn (or any dish soap) does. Now I use citric acid & dish soap to tumble, then Wash & Wax in the rinse water used to separate pins from brass. No smudged brass & some tarnish protection too.

WehrmannsGeweher
03-28-2019, 10:43 AM
You can buy specific case cleaning stuff from Amazon. They also have SS pins. Works great.

"Brass Shine Powder Detergent, 1 Pound Package"

These were cleaned with it and SS pins.

https://i.imgur.com/T8ebI1h.jpg