PDA

View Full Version : There are still good people in the world

lightman
03-22-2019, 07:06 AM
My Wife dropped me off at the Doctors office yesterday day for my appointment and then went to Lowes to look at a few things that we need for the kitchen remodel. I ask her to pick up a few 2X4's for a project that I have going on. I told Her to get a cart and explained how to look at the 2X4's for straightness and such.

Well, She was standing there looking at them and apparently looking clueless. She says a young fellow wearing a work shirt with some construction companies name on it offered Her help. First he told her that the cart she had was not big enough for an 8' 2X4 and went up front and got her one. Then He picked through the the selection and found Her 4 good ones. He then pushed the cart up to the check out line for Her. After She checked out She left the cart by the contractors door while She went to get Her Expedition. The Guy was standing by Her cart when She got back and loaded them for Her.

I've been in places like Lowes and Home Depot at the Electrical isle and helped people find what they needed but I thought his actions were over and above being courteous.

She said He looked to be about the same age as our oldest Son. Theres still hope, Fellows!

richhodg66
03-22-2019, 07:12 AM
Yes, there are. Easy to forget it some days, but most folks out there are alright.

JBinMN
03-22-2019, 07:24 AM
Nice!
:)

Tom W.
03-22-2019, 01:33 PM
:happy dance:[smilie=w:
There are a few left.

RED BEAR
03-22-2019, 02:24 PM
I tend to believe that most people are generally good. I prefer to live my life this way.

merlin101
03-22-2019, 06:02 PM
I tend to believe that most people are generally good. I prefer to live my life this way.

I like to believe that too, unfortunately I keep getting proven wrong.

Beerd
03-22-2019, 06:36 PM
That young man is probably an Eagle.

rl69
03-22-2019, 06:41 PM
It's easy for a pritty women to find help :)

bullseye67
03-22-2019, 07:00 PM
Good afternoon,

I believe that given the right place and time, everyone does a good turn when needed.

I never go to grocery stores, but sometimes I get persuaded to stop for a item or two. As I gaze completely clueless as to which of the 100+ cans of bakers cocoa.(or whatever abc item) Several ladies will stop and assist me with a selection. I always say, “my wife asked me to get abc”. So I am right upfront about WHO sent me. Still get help and several have even given me items from their cart if it was what I needed.

I often offer to run the gas pump or clean the window of other people’s cars. I am amazed at how many give “the look” and say “NO” those that do say “YES” get the cleanest widows in town!!

I treat everyone as I like to be treated....ALWAYS....Pays off...in me feeling better!!

Have an awesome Spring weekend.
Bullseye67

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sureYnot
03-22-2019, 07:02 PM
Used to think it was much worse when I tended bar, but as a cable and satellite "guy" I discovered only about one in twenty people are a waste of skin. Different occupation in the same field now and don't always feel like that's true but choose to continue to believe in the human race.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

fatelk
03-22-2019, 07:02 PM
It's the jerks and inconsiderate idiots that we tend to notice so much, but when you really pay attention you find that there are plenty of decent people out there too.

I've noticed this on the road, especially in the smallish town I live in. The aggressive drivers who tear around and cut you off are infuriating, but I really appreciate the courteous one who hold back to let you in, stop at crosswalks, and just pay attention in general. Once you start noticing, there are more of them out there than you realize.

bedbugbilly
03-22-2019, 09:00 PM
It's nice he helped your wife like that - still a lot of good folks out there. Doesn't surprise me much as while we complain about the behavior of the "young's" . . . . there stock;; are a ;pt pf the, pit there that were brought up right . . . and your wife might just have reminded him of his mother . . . who knows/ It doesn't cost anything to share a smile or a kind word to a stranger . . or to help if you can . . unfortunately there are far too many who never learned that lesson in life. Thanks for sharing . .. . made my day and that young man's parents ought to be . . . and I'm sure they are . . . very proud of him.

lightman
03-22-2019, 09:06 PM
That young man is probably an Eagle.

That thought crossed my mind too!

lightman
03-22-2019, 09:07 PM
It's easy for a pritty women to find help :)

I'll tell her that! She will be tickled!

Hogtamer
03-22-2019, 09:25 PM
Your wife is one! Going to get 2x4s? My wife is one too but there ARE limits!

abunaitoo
03-23-2019, 04:46 AM
Here, you have to hunt for good people.
Schools teach kids not to trust people.
damacrat state, so there is much hate.
Seems everyone is mad all the time.
We've become a state of shellfish, self centered, cry babies.
I try, when I go out, to help at least one person with something.
Some of them actually get upset if you try to help them.
Most don't even thank you.
In waikiki, workers act all nice to the tourist.
You should hear what they say when the tourist can't hear them.
knowing what I know, if i were w tourist, I wouldn't eat in waikiki.
Nothing like when I was young.
Sad.

RED BEAR
03-23-2019, 12:05 PM
I would rather be taken advantage of on occasion than go through like thinking everyone was trying to get over on me.

country gent
03-23-2019, 09:45 PM
Since using the walker and now the wheelchair I have seen a lot more helpful people every where. Wether its opening and holding door or helping me pick things up or any madrid of other things. Today at krogers I was leaving and seen a banana peel in the walkway. I stopped the power cart and started to bend down to pick it up. The lady behind me came up and picked up with a smile and told me she didn't want m to fall. I laughed and told her falling is easy its getting up that's hard gravity is turned on. I always stopped ad helped people if a flat tire out of gas whatever. One other thing I learned was with the walker some opening doors could be dangerous if I had ahold of the door they pulled it out from under me.
Usually at krogers if someone helps me Ill pick up something small and run them down with the Thank-you. I had one lady that helped thru the coolers freezers Those angle opening out doors give me a real time. I went to the floral and a small boquet She was going thru the doors when I was I set it in her cart with a Thank-you.