PDA

View Full Version : I am so thankful.......

modified5
03-21-2019, 12:37 AM
For the great big and awesome God I serve.
At age 52 apparently my body decided that 2019 was going to be the hardest year of my life. I have never had a serious illness nor broken any major bones.
With my dirt bike riding and car racing I’m still not sure how I pulled that off.
Early Jan I started having what I thought was heart burn. After a stress test, it turns out I have a partially blocked artery on the right side of my heart.
To top it off, I had a blood test and my PSA came back at 70.1!!
A prostate biopsy later, cancer.
I go in for an angiogram next Monday then a cat scan and bone scan to see if the cancer is out of the prostate. Praying it is not.
The thing that breaks my heart is watching my kids deal with it. They are 12, 8, and 4.
The littles are sad but don’t really get it. The oldest does. He is watching one of his friends Mom dying of breast cancer at 42. Super sweet God fearing woman.
I know that no matter what, God is in charge of this deal and will take care of me and my family. All I ask for is prayers for healing. I really want to walk my 4 y.o. Princess down the isle Lord willing.

Bazoo
03-21-2019, 01:37 AM
Prayers for you.

Boaz
03-21-2019, 05:49 AM
modified5 you and your family will be in my prayers . I understand your concern for those you love . I was in your situation at one time . We believe in a merciful GOD .

GhostHawk
03-21-2019, 06:47 AM
Modified its in the Lords Hands.

Sounds like you had a long good run up to here.
Prostate tends to be slow, so I think you have a chance.

A Laughter is the best medicine.
B Cut out all stress. Period.
C There is a mushroom which grows on Birch Tree's that is anti cancer, and an immune system booster. Available as a supplement. Called Chaga. I would suggest you take one every day for 6 months. The Finn's and peoples of Sibera have known about it for a long time. Do a little research.

As to your kids, tell em like it is. Probably not going to die tomorrow, but still scary.
Tell them your hopes and fears.

What they don't deal well with is uncertainty. As long as they are certain sure you love them, and that you are going to fight all the way. They'll deal, and help.

At this point a lot of your game is going to be mental. Getting you into the right mental place to fight this battle and win. You can't do it alone. Best of luck to you! Praying for you.

Wayne Smith
03-21-2019, 07:21 AM
Read the above post over and over. Ghost is right - it is the mental that will kill you or keep you going.

Add to what he said a complete surrender to God, not just consciously but ask God to show you all the areas of your life you haven't surrendered. You may be surprised. These are what drive anxiety and insecurity.

USMC87
03-21-2019, 07:59 AM
We are adding you all to our prayer list, Hang in there and know God is greater than all these things.

georgerkahn
03-21-2019, 08:03 AM
YOU, and your family, are surely in our prayers! BEST!!!
geo

Pine Baron
03-21-2019, 09:08 AM
Been in your boat brother. Ghost gives good advice. I might add, look for the blessings and opportunity that only God provides and you'll do fine.
Prayers of Grace, peace, and healing. In Jesus name. Amen.

dverna
03-21-2019, 09:32 AM
Praying for you brother.

RED BEAR
03-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Will pray for you and yours.

Dieselhorses
03-21-2019, 12:40 PM
Praying for you man, in God's hands as He is in control. Regardless of how we perceive things, something good always comes from these experiences in God's children!

buckwheatpaul
03-21-2019, 03:03 PM
modified5 I love your positive attitude toward our God and your approach to loving Him and getting well!

Father, I come to You to ask that Your Servant is in need of the help that only You can provide. Through Your compassion I am praying that You allow the medical team to heal modified5 so that he can be with his family and to serve You more. Please guide the team that will treat him and take any fears away. AMEN

Pete44mag
03-21-2019, 04:18 PM
You and your family will certainly be added to my prayer list. My you and your family find the strength, courage and peace to confront the problems you face.

big bore 99
03-21-2019, 04:43 PM
Prayers sent.

daloper
03-21-2019, 05:30 PM
I know what you are going through with the heart thing. I also thought I had bad heartburn. I kept antacids in my toolbox and office at work. Seams like I was taking them everyday. On my birthday I had it so bad that I could not even hold a glass to drink the Alka Sizzler to get rid of the heart burn. My wife called the ambulance and They put a stent in that night. 75% blockage. I tell everyone that will listen, If you have what feels like heartburn a lot. Go see your doctor. It may be heart related. I wish you well.

Father God, I lift up modified5 to you. Be with the doctors and give them wisdom and knowledge while dealing with this. Be with modified5 and his family and give them peace and strength. Lay you loving arms around him and give him the healing that his body needs.I ask this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.

WRideout
03-21-2019, 10:14 PM
Praying for a complete recovery for you, brother.

Wayne

modified5
03-21-2019, 11:07 PM
Thank you all. I truly believe that the effective fervent prayer of a righteous man accomplished much. I have seen it time and again in my life. I know that if I don’t survive this that I will be with my Father and He will take care of my family. It just pains me to think about what my wife and children will go through with me being gone.
I will for sure continue to pray, look to God and fight this evil disease tooth and nail.

modified5
03-26-2019, 12:07 PM
Well, update time. Yesterday I went in and had my angiogram. They were unable to install a stent. They found that two of my arteries are plugged 100% and one is at 95. Now I am waiting for a call from the heart surgeons office to schedule a triple bypass. Getting old certainly isn’t for sissies![smilie=l:

daloper
03-26-2019, 12:22 PM
Father God. I lift up modified5 to you again today. Give him strength and comfort during this time. Be with the doctors as they preform this bypass surgery. Guide their hands and give them wisdom. We know that this is in your hands. You can do all things and in all things we give you the Praise. Give peace to his family.
I pray this in the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Boaz
03-26-2019, 02:23 PM
Still praying for you and your family .

Preacher Jim
03-27-2019, 10:13 AM
you and your family are in my prayers.

modified5
03-29-2019, 12:55 PM
Well, thought I would hop on and give a quick update.
By the grace and f God and skilled surgeons, to made it through surgery. He ended up doing a quadruple bypass. Now for the recovery.
Thank you all for your prayers on my behalf. I truly appreciate them.
I think it’s nap time. God bless all of you.

Pine Baron
03-29-2019, 03:37 PM
Awesome news brother. Praise God. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Boaz
03-29-2019, 03:39 PM
Thank you for the good report that it is done ! continuing in pray for a good and fast recovery .

modified5
04-30-2019, 07:05 PM
Thought I would hop on and give another update. First off, thank y’all so much for your prayers and thoughts. They truly are appreciated.
4 1/2 weeks out, and I feel great. My energy level is way up, and I feel better than I have in a long time.
God is great.
Now for some more somber news. I was also diagnosed with prostate cancer. I had a full body and bone scan on Friday to see if it stayed there. It did not. It has moved into my bones.
The good news is that it is a form of cancer that doesn’t degenerate the bones, but build up on them. It actually makes the bones stronger.
The earliest I could get in is May 6 with the urologist. We will get all the test results and go talk to a few oncologists to determine the best course of action for treatment.
Keep sending up those prayers to our awesome God! I know He listens.

Boaz
04-30-2019, 07:49 PM
Prayer for the new situation . GOD has already been working in your life .

Pine Baron
04-30-2019, 09:37 PM
Praying for a treatment option that works.

tinhorn97062
05-01-2019, 01:38 AM
Jesus is greater than cancer. Just ponder that statement for a while.

Tonight, I’m asking the Lord to wrap you in His arms and to strengthen you.

modified5
05-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Went to the urologist yesterday and was told that we can only manage the cancer through drugs that cost 90-100k a year. No cure for it. I have two appointments next week with Drs who take a more inclusive approach with treatment. I will be making radical changes to my lifestyle to try to beat this thing. The one thing most docs don’t take into account is how powerful a God we serve. He can cure me of this if it is in His will. What ever happens I just want all the glory to go to Him as I live out the rest of my life no matter what happens.
My main future goal is walking my 4 y.o. daughter down the aisle. We will see how close I get, but may God’s Will be done.

daloper
05-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Make sure that you have them check to see there are any grants or test groups for the drugs. My mother-in-law has cancer in her bladder she was enrolled in a program where she gets a grant to cover the cost of the treatment. There should be someone at the hospital that can check into that and enroll you in it.

Father God I lift up modified5 to you this morning. I ask that you will wrap your healing arms around him and heal him of this cancer. Give the doctors wisdom so that they know the best way to treat this. I pray that you would provide a program that would cover the cost for his treatment. Give him strength and comfort. Bless him and his family. In the name of your Son and our Savior, Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

Thundarstick
05-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Make sure that you have them check to see there are any grants or test groups for the drugs. My mother-in-law has cancer in her bladder she was enrolled in a program where she gets a grant to cover the cost of the treatment. There should be someone at the hospital that can check into that and enroll you in it.

I'm going to 2nd this!!! My daughter works for an oncologist, and pay off her job is to help patients find, qualify for, and receive the help they need!

Boaz
05-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Praying for your whole situation .

Preacher Jim
05-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Praying for your complete healing still. Our God is Awesome.

pcolapaddler
05-07-2019, 08:39 PM
Im late to this thread. Glad the bypass went well. Makes a big difference.

Praying for healing and strength more than equal to your trials.

Sent from the largest mountain range in Florida.