PDA

View Full Version : Another gun and a chuckle

BPJONES
03-20-2019, 06:01 PM
A week ago there was an Italian made 45 caliber Kentucky rifle listed on one of our forums. Price was right and included shipping. A couple of pictures were provided and the exterior of the gun was very nice. So I bought it. It arrived a couple of days ago. I pulled it out of the box and I let out a laugh. It was a gun that I had sold last spring! Only when I sold it, it was in pieces which was the way it was the first time I bought it. The sear had a chip out of it and it needed a new bridle. It has double set triggers and a screw was missing. The gun was made by Armi Sport. I figured I'd never get to it so I sold it. Well now I have it back but in perfect working order. The triggers are very nice. It also has quite a nice piece of lumber and the bore is nice. So I am actually happy to have it back and in working order. But I need to improve my memory!!!

Tom_in_AZ
03-20-2019, 06:37 PM
Sometimes things just work out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawks Feather
03-20-2019, 06:48 PM
Sounds like it was meant to belong to you.

pietro
03-20-2019, 07:32 PM

Serendipity, for sure.

Que será, será

Whatever will be, will be...…

arcticap
03-20-2019, 08:02 PM
You just can't make that stuff up! :lol:

bedbugbilly
03-20-2019, 09:25 PM
Wow! Mail order gunsmith services - you can't beat that!

A couple of years ago, I had a heavy (1 1/4 octagon) barrel in 45 cal with a fast twist that I had picked up at a gunshot for a project - never got around to it so I put it up on fleabay and sold it to a guy several states away.Then two years later, I got "seller's remorse" when I got to thinking about how good it would have been to make a percussion bench gun for shooting paper patched. I took a look on fleabay to see if there was anything that would work and what was listed? The barrel I had sold! I ended up buying it back at the same price i sold it - the seller and I both laughed about it and I thanked him for "storing it" for me for a couple of years. It's back on my barrel rack but don't ask if I'v built the rifle yet. LOL

Thanks for the chuckle and enjoy the rifle!