PDA

View Full Version : Got out for some shooting

FrontierMuzzleloading
03-19-2019, 09:27 PM
Just a little fun. My neck is still healing up and I am doing physical therapy to rebuild my strength, but I am feeling much better and able to hold the rifle up longer while shooting.

Just practicing at 40 yards off hand with the hawken.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWjfOkSBOWQ&t=16s

Tom_in_AZ
03-19-2019, 09:49 PM
Glad you were able to get out! I just used your anti rust and patch lube to clean up an old encore I bought. I’m going to have to take it and my hawken out for a range day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lead chucker
03-20-2019, 12:56 AM
Thats some good shooting. Looked like you were having fun. Im hoping to get out and burn some BP. Weather has been real rainy here and looks like we have another week of it. We are gaining a lot of daylight up north here. First nice day im going to go shoot after work. Nice looking rifle.

BigAlofPa.
03-20-2019, 01:10 AM
Nice thanks for sharing.

arcticap
03-20-2019, 10:09 AM
Good video, nice gun and shooting.
Do the tires capture any of the lead?
Do the lead balls pass through the steel belt layer of the tire and bounce around the inside allowing recovery or not?

FrontierMuzzleloading
03-23-2019, 12:10 PM
Yes, those are 10ply tires and they catch everything including 308 rounds! I have another set of tires behind those big ones just as back up.

By the time the round ball goes through it and hits the other side, they either are found on the other side of the rim ( inside ) or just smack dab in the middle of the tire, on the ground. Its a nice way to recover set but can be painful when you move the tires and a piece of the steel belt goes through a finger lol. I do prefer sand buckets as a way to recovering my lead.

228gr maxi balls I shot from 100 yards into the tires several weeks ago.

hylander
03-25-2019, 11:13 PM
Nice Video,
Looks like fun.
I just bought some MZ, hope to try it soon.