PDA

View Full Version : Hornady 30.06 Headspace Bushing size??

Vettepilot
03-19-2019, 03:09 PM
Well, a search didn't find anything...

I need a Hornady C375 Headspace Bushing, for 308, 30.06, etc. real quick. But I am NOT wanting to pay Amazon 6 bucks for the bushing, plus 12 bucks for shipping!! Other suppliers offer similar "Deals".

So, could someone please supply me with the exact i.d. so I can knock one out on my lathe in 10 minutes?? .375??

Thanks so much for any help!!

Vettepilot

EDG
03-19-2019, 03:16 PM
Just pull up the SAAMI drawing for the .30-06.
The internal diameter is .3750 and that is basic meaning it has NO tolerance so get your hole exactly right by boring or reaming. A drilled hole will always be oversize.

See page 95 of the document below for the drawing.

https://saami.org/technical-information/cartridge-chamber-drawings/

Vettepilot
03-19-2019, 05:20 PM
Ok, thanks a bunch!

Actually, as you said, drilled holes are no where near precise, even when not using Chinese drill bits! ;~)

Thanks again,
Vettepilot

Vettepilot
03-19-2019, 05:26 PM
Thank you once again EDG. I did not know that detailed info for so many cartridges, etc. was so readily available.

Gotta love the internet. (And sometimes hate it at the same time!)

Vettepilot

EDG
03-19-2019, 09:02 PM
You can also find the European CIP standards for both US and foreign cartridges on line too.
The Europeans use a different dimensioning and tolerancing format so figuring out what the SAAMI dimensions for them requires a bit of trigonometry. I can do that but non mathematically inclined shooters will not be able to. I am unable to find a link that is working and is in English.

Thank you once again EDG. I did not know that detailed info for so many cartridges, etc. was so readily available.

Gotta love the internet. (And sometimes hate it at the same time!)

Vettepilot