PDA

View Full Version : Large selection of molds.....need help

Smokepole50
03-18-2019, 04:56 PM
Hey guys I decided to post this here to see if there is any interest in a group of molds I have the chance to buy. I am not a mold expert but they are mostly large caliber GC molds made by the best makers. This guy that had them liked really big bullets. I would not mind owning a couple of the molds but will never need or use them all. So I am asking here if there is any interest in them. I have to buy them all if I get them so I will need to find new homes for a bunch of them before I lay down the cash for them. I am thinking the average price of these molds with handles will be 50% of what the mold and handles cost new. At that price I figure I can break even with keeping a couple 3 molds for my own future desires and giving the rest away to who ever wants them as time goes on. Hopefully they are barely used and everyone can possibly get a deal if you need one of these calibers.

Thanks for looking,

Randall

NOTE: This a post seeking information and interest. It is not an offer to sell, please do not make an offer to buy.

MT Gianni
03-18-2019, 10:03 PM
I don't see any real stinkers that would be hard to sell. I believe the average resale should be about 50% or retail for used molds unless there are other factors, therefore my acquisition price would reflect that. You may have to wait 5-6 months to clear your money back.

Smokepole50
03-21-2019, 04:02 PM
Well.....I was told there was a large interest in these molds but I see nobody has posted specific interest in any given mold. Maybe we can't without breaking the rules. All I wanted is comments saying I would be interested in mold such and such. No offers to buy, just a warm fuzzy to make me feel better about dishing out what I consider a fair sum of money just to set on the molds for years.

Regards, Randall

Harter66
03-21-2019, 08:55 PM
There were several posts but for a while the whole post was gone for a while . I saw a couple that looked useful to me but it was because like so many on the list there they are hard to find . They're also of limited use at full capacity unless you happen to have what they are intended for like the 45-500 RCBS that is suitable for an 1895 with the short nose to keep oal under 2.555 .
It's an awesome list .

ascast
03-21-2019, 09:01 PM
I can't open your attachments.

lightman
03-22-2019, 07:25 AM
Most of the molds on that list look like they would sell easy enough. I see one or two that I would be interested in if you can get them cheap enough. The problem with buying things for resale is the time that it takes. Even at a bargain price you are going to have a pretty good investment in those list. Good Luck to ya!

762 shooter
03-22-2019, 07:44 AM
I would be interested in the 375 molds.

stubshaft
03-22-2019, 03:09 PM
There are at least 3 that I'd be interested in. As said before, they should not be hard to sell at the price point you mentioned.

MT Gianni
03-22-2019, 03:24 PM
The mods will nuke "I would buy this" posts as it does not fit the terms of the board. Sell posts must be in swap and sell.

Pressman
03-22-2019, 07:26 PM
The mods will nuke "I would buy this" posts as it does not fit the terms of the board. Sell posts must be in swap and sell.

He is doing OK with this post, we had a long talk about how to handle it and this seems to be the best way.

Ken