PDA

View Full Version : Range Bags

jim4065
10-17-2008, 03:19 PM
I'm looking for a bag to hold perhaps 3 or 4 handguns and a dozen boxes of ammo. Been buying bags which have enough space but they're not nearly strong enough to hold the weight of the ammunition. Sig (and several others) have nice looking bags for $60 to $90, but I was hoping to find a good one for half that. Trouble is - I only want to buy one, so it's gotta be sturdy. Bagmaster looks good, but pricey. Any suggestions?

CSH
10-17-2008, 03:26 PM
I bought a tool bag at Lowe's 10 years for about $20 and have been using it ever since. It will easily hold 300 rds of 45 ACP and 3 1911s in soft cases, and several mags as well. You could probably cram a couple more boxes of ammo in there, but after a certain point the bag becomes pretty heavy. A tool bag may not be exactly what you're looking for, but mine has held up very well and didn't cost much. I looked at several dedicated shooting bags but they all cost a lot more and didn't offer more functionality.

clintsfolly
10-17-2008, 03:39 PM
look at the midway bag don,t have one but that the bag i ask santa for have fun clint

jim4065
10-17-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks to both of you - that big Midway bag is on sale, so I got it! :mrgreen:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=259680

jim4065
10-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Had to add a comment. The bag is here and it's great. Very large and full of pockets, pads, spacers, etc. Even has a fully padded inner bag so if all you want to do is fire a couple of handguns you don't have to carry everything. Hard to beat for $40 - and I'm glad I got it before some other things went south.