PDA

View Full Version : Lighten Trigger on Miroku 1892 ?

hylander
03-16-2019, 01:21 PM
My trigger pull is #5.25, way to heavy, need to get it to #3
Any tutorials on lightening the trigger pull on these rifles?
Or pics of disassembly?

missionary5155
03-16-2019, 02:14 PM
Good afternoon
Just one Line above your post (or two from the top) I the tutorial on the 1886. But all you need to do is remove the rear stock.
The first issue you face is "if" you lighten the trigger pull without "by passing" the rebound hammer you will have light hammer strikes.
All our Miroku lever actions have had the rebound hammer "fix". Sooner or later that rebound will give you a light hammer strike at the worst possible moment. The 1886 Tutoral will show you the "lower leg" that needs cut. I use a jewlers cut off file so no need to dissasemble .

Once you have that rebound issue solved you can reduce the main spring.
Mike in Peru

hylander
03-17-2019, 02:10 AM
Thanks Mike

jstanfield103
03-17-2019, 09:06 AM
Here is the post for the rebounding hammer fix.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?12077-Winchester-Miroku-1886-Rebounding-Hammer-Fix-Tutorial

DAVIDMAGNUM
03-17-2019, 10:00 AM
I have two Japchester 1892 Rifles, a 357 Magnum and a 44WCF. One thing that helped both rifles with trigger pull was lightening the trigger return spring. To get a feel of how much trigger pull is associated with this spring do the following. With the rifle unloaded and pointed in a safe direction : Hold the hammer fully to the rear , taking any/all hammer pressure off of the sear. Now pull the trigger. The only pressure you feel is the hammer return spring, which on my two rifles was too much. If you are so inclined remove the hammer return spring and heat it with a propane torch where it is bent down until it just starts to glow . While the glow is fading use a pair of pliers to mostly straighten the downward bend . Reassemble and try. I did this to two rifles and after more than a decade and thousands of rounds fired neither spring has failed.

FergusonTO35
03-17-2019, 10:14 AM
On the late model 94 i used to have, I just gently honed the mating surfaces of the sear and hammer until I got a very nice 3 pound pull.