PDA

View Full Version : Buying Lee Molds

buckeye
10-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Where is a good place to buy molds ? Not necessarily the cheapest but those who have stock on hand and will service the purchase.

Heavy lead
10-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Buckeye,
I have bought Lee moulds at different places, Natchez is the cheapest, Midway has the best website, Midsouth is great, so is Grafs. I've bought and used all these places and had great service and try to spread it around to the four as I like all 4 of the business's.
Good Luck, you can't go wrong IMO with any of them.

georgewxxx
10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
If service plus sales is what your looking for go direct to Lee.

http://www.factorysales.com/html/catalog/bullmol1.html

You can order individual parts for die and moulds and on occasion they have ,merchandise that's either been returned or refurbished for sale also....Geo

Maven
10-17-2008, 01:34 PM
What georgewxxx said + there isn't a minimum order or outrageous shipping charge with Lee.

azrednek
10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
The first place to look is at Lee's list of surplus molds.

http://www.leeprecision.com/html/catalog/surplus.html

I got a Lee mold at Lock Stock & Barrel a few years ago. Ordering by phone I asked them to include a Lyman nose punch that would fit without having a part number and they did so. I tried doing the same with Midway and they said no without having the Lyman part number.

http://www.lockstock.com/

quasi
10-17-2008, 02:47 PM
I second the Lock Stock and Barrel sugestion.

Bob Krack
10-18-2008, 07:50 AM
Buckeye,
I bought a Lee mould from Graf's and it did not cast near the correct weight. After casting many boolits, I spoke to Graf customer support and the said "Send it back to us and we will replace it". They even cross-shipped to me, that is - they sent me a new one even before they received mine.

Their freight charge is one of the best in the industry.

I have nothing but good to day about Graf and Sons.

Vic

OldBob
10-18-2008, 05:52 PM
These guys have reasonable prices and good shipping rates on Lee stuff

http://www.fmreloading.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FMR&Category_Code=Lee+Rifle+Molds

akraven
10-18-2008, 06:16 PM
I have had horrible luck with F&M. Not having stuff n stock and then not telling you when it was out of stock and when you call to see where your order is they tell you they should have it soon and will ship it then. I have read of other flks having lots of problems with them too. Their prices may look good bt there service is horrible. I would stick with Natchez or Midway. akraven

Maximilian225
10-18-2008, 06:55 PM
I have had horrible luck with F&M. Not having stuff n stock and then not telling you when it was out of stock and when you call to see where your order is they tell you they should have it soon and will ship it then. I have read of other flks having lots of problems with them too. Their prices may look good bt there service is horrible. I would stick with Natchez or Midway. akraven

My experience also with F&M. I prefer Midsouth and Midway.

mooman76
10-18-2008, 07:10 PM
I got three main places I go. I usually do Midwayusa because of graffics I get their stuff a little quicker. Then I go Nachtz which I first started with but because of location I got wy stuff a week latter than some others. Their shiping choices don't do it for me like Midway does and their web site has much to be desired. The other place I deal with is Midsouthshooters. All good places and never had a problem with any of them. Last I checked I had to do Natchetz because the other places had low stock on Lee moulds and they seemed to have plenty for some reasons. Natchez seems to run a few cents cheaper too. Midsouth gets in some Lee custom moulds from time to time. The web site tells you if they are in stock or not. If you have a prolem with a mould I can't imagine any of them not taking it back for a replacement but then you could ship it irect to Lee for a replacement.

bruce drake
10-18-2008, 08:02 PM
I've used Midsouth for a lot of my purchases over the last 15 years. I'll vouch for their service and prices any day.

Bruce

azrednek
10-25-2008, 11:15 PM
I have had horrible luck with F&M akraven

Sorry to hear that, I've had good luck with them but it was several years ago. I was operating a uniform business and dealt with guns on the side to encourage LEO's business. Several times a few cops would get together, combine a large order of reloading components and best I remember there were not any back orders or problems with F&M. At the time F&M had a deal on bulk FMJ bullets, best price in the country if ordered in large quantities. If I remember correctly F&M also had the best price on Winchester and Hercules powder.

One thing I recall for certain F&M's shipping charges were honest. On a large order of heavy bulk bullets, shipping charges were by the pound and a refund check for over estimating the shipping fees usually arrived in the mail before UPS arrived with the order itself.

Since I've been out of the business I've only used F&M once for myself and I got my order in a timely manner. I'm really disappointed to hear their service isn't what it used to be. Hopefully it was only a temporary bump in the road because I would highly recommend them, especially for large orders.

OldBob
10-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Sorry to hear that, I've had good luck with them but it was several years ago. I was operating a uniform business and dealt with guns on the side to encourage LEO's business. Several times a few cops would get together, combine a large order of reloading components and best I remember there were not any back orders or problems with F&M. At the time F&M had a deal on bulk FMJ bullets, best price in the country if ordered in large quantities. If I remember correctly F&M also had the best price on Winchester and Hercules powder.

One thing I recall for certain F&M's shipping charges were honest. On a large order of heavy bulk bullets, shipping charges were by the pound and a refund check for over estimating the shipping fees usually arrived in the mail before UPS arrived with the order itself.

Since I've been out of the business I've only used F&M once for myself and I got my order in a timely manner. I'm really disappointed to hear their service isn't what it used to be. Hopefully it was only a temporary bump in the road because I would highly recommend them, especially for large orders.

I just got an order from them, service was a couple of days slower than Midsouth or Midway, but everything was there and the price was significantly less than the others.Their freight rates are excellent, for what it is worth, I will definetely shop there again.

mag44uk
10-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Also +1 for Grafs and Lock stock. Lock stock had very good prices on saeco moulds and had a good range actually in stock.
Also Buffallo Arms have a good range,usually in stock.

Maximilian225
10-26-2008, 02:12 PM
My problem was every time I called about a mold I had ordered. It was always. "it should be in by Friday and we will ship it out" After 6 weeks of this I canceled my order.

That is my only experience with them and since one is not a sample it may be an anomaly not the norm.

mooman76
10-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I don't like waiting for a mould(much less anything else) once I deside to get it. I'll pay extra someplace else within reason to get it right away. Backorders suck!

Patrick L
10-26-2008, 07:16 PM
F&M is definitely a bottom dollar outfit, and you get what you pay for. I agree, their prices are sometimes significantly less, but unless they happen to have what you want in stock go somewhere else.

If you do use F&M, place your order by phone. I have found that they will tell you right then and there if something is out, but if you place your order over the internet they will just take your money and let you wait forever.

bohokii
11-15-2008, 06:13 PM
i bought mine from natchezss.com

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=LEE90359&CFID=6207677&CFTOKEN=46057425

Railbuggy
11-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Went to the gun show in cincinnati today.I have been buying stuff off and on from FM for 20yrs.I belive the owner started His Co as a second income.I saw his son today as he works the shows.Prices are better then those on the Lee website.Last winter I wanted to replace my 20yr old 10# lead melter with the 20#er.The old pot still worked and I gave it to brother in covington as he wanted to save by casting his own.They were backordered last year and it took 3wks to have it at my door.Today at the show I got 2lbs of UNIQUE,2lbs of BULLSEYE,1000 209 primers & 1000 lg pistol primers for about $110.If you dont mind the wait there good honest friendy people.Most items at the show today were over priced becouse of Nov 4th.But they were not trying to rip people off.RB

Omega47
11-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Anytime I try other places, I always wind up going back to Midway. Best selection, lowest prices and everything is usually in stock.