PDA

View Full Version : Sig 229 9 MM

Johnch
03-14-2019, 07:05 AM
OK I may be buying a pair of Ruger 357 Mag Redhawlks

So if I do , I will be selling a couple of other guns that just set in the safe
One that I have owned for years and don't shoot is a older Sig 229 in 9 mm fixed night sights
Looks brand New , a used State Highway Patrol that I bought 15 or 20 years back as a package .... case , extra mags , 3 different grips , night sights still glow a "Little" and other replacement front and rear fixed sights
I changed to a adjustable rear sight and different front sight to bring POI to about center of a target at 50 feet , not 6" high like it was
But the original set is in the case

Case and paper work that came with it all don't show a badge number like most of the 229 9 mm's the dealer had that I looked at
The gun shop had 20 + of the pistols at that time
So "Maybe" it was never used much ??

What are they going for in the real world these days ?
Also how do I best explain that this Sig was made when they really made one of the best pistols out there ?

John

Sig556r
03-14-2019, 07:46 AM
You probably had the upper hand if they're SA/DA & not DAK, even better if SA only.
9mm even better, since LEO trade-ins nowadays are mostly 40SW, sometimes 357Sig.
So yours should fetch better than LEO trade-ins, depending on condition.
Ballpark around 400-500 (for excellent condition) in my neck of the woods, trade it in & you may get a tad better price.
I'm not an expert in assessing gun values, just basing on my experience.

rintinglen
03-14-2019, 06:31 PM
Hereabouts, you could get about 80% of new Retail, maybe a bit more with the extra goodies, $750-850. I'd like to have one myself, but the gun fun(d) just emptied on a CZ 527 223.

Johnch
03-15-2019, 01:20 PM
Thanks

John