PDA

View Full Version : EPA Reduces Allowed Airborne Lead Standard

Maximilian225
10-16-2008, 08:04 PM
The EPA is After our lead, Again. They have reduced the allowable lead standard to .15 Microgram per cubic meter of air from 1.5 micrograms per cubic meter air . This translates to one grain of airborne lead for every 1,417,370 Cubic feet of air. That's a room 3.25 acres in area with a ten foot ceiling. :twisted:

RIDICULOUS!! [smilie=b:[smilie=b::killingpc:killingpc

It'll probably put the last Lead Smelter in the US in Herculean, Missouri outta of business. Wackos at work after the bullets.

EPA Press Release here. http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/d0cf6618525a9efb85257359003fb69d/96acca59f7d56267852574e40072f34d!OpenDocument

All these companies that utilize lead need to get together and sue the EPA over this crap.

Bret4207
10-17-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm rapidly getting to the point where I just say the heck with it and start beating someones head against the wall. Not my own either! Just wait until the Messiah gets in there, it'll be roses and lollipops then!

Boerrancher
10-17-2008, 08:21 AM
I just keep stockpiling. I am almost to the point to where I am done, done with society, done with the media, and most of all done with my country and its f'ed up politicians and their power hungry friends.

I have worked my butt off to do all I can to keep the media's golden child from being elected. It would seem most folks in this country are willing to believe that you can honestly get something for nothing.

Here in MO our economy is in shambles with the Chrysler plant and all the other plants that support it closing down. All of our Iron mines are closed down, and if we loose our lead production that will just about be the final nail in the coffin for the Eastern half of the state. Leave it to the Federal Government to continue to "help" us out.

Best wishes from the Boer Ranch,

Joe

Old Ironsights
10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
+1 Boer.

Humanity needs a DNA purge. Maybe Barry IS exactly what we need.

Let the Revolution begin.

dakotashooter2
10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm curious as how the will force NATURE to comply!!!!!!!!

leadeye
10-17-2008, 11:14 AM
I live in the burbs now, cast off the tailgate of my truck. I figure I will have to wait for this to get off the front page before I start again as there is always somebody in the neighborhood that will cause trouble.

Boer Rancher has the right idea, as soon as I can swing it I am moving to the woods and staying there.

MT Gianni
10-17-2008, 12:19 PM
The EPA is After our lead, Again. They have reduced the allowable lead standard to .15 Microgram per cubic meter of air from 1.5 micrograms per cubic meter air . This translates to one grain of airborne lead for every 1,417,370 Cubic feet of air. That's a room 3.25 acres in area with a ten foot ceiling.
All these companies that utilize lead need to get together and sue the EPA over this crap.

It has been done before. OSHA reduced the amount of CO a person could work in in an 8 hr shift from 50 PPM to 35 PPM. Industry correctly proved that it was not based on any scientific testing just opinion and reversed the rules. It took at least 6 years to do so and if enforced as is many small business would not be around to fight it. 8 or 9 years ago my safety guy at work said lead would be the next heavy target environmentally and safety wise. I hoped to prove him wrong but it sure is happening that way. Gianni