PDA

View Full Version : I could use a 1917 enfield stock set

Tripplebeards
03-11-2019, 12:46 PM
I would like to restore my 1917 Winchester enfield and am in need of an original stock set to take it back the way it was issued. Hoping someone has one collecting dust in a closet some where. I have a sporterized stock to rob the buttplate off if but need the metal font and clamp as well.

Tripplebeards
05-15-2019, 11:33 PM
Still no luck

Echo
05-16-2019, 12:27 AM
I got my furniture on eBay...

Tripplebeards
06-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Sill looking

Elroy
06-27-2019, 04:34 PM
I dont know if Century International arms is still around,but a few years back I traded around and ended up with a p14 that they had sporterized,and rebarreled to 300 Win mag.They ditched the original stock,and replaced it with walnut.it looked like a Model 30,but it was an awfull gun.I dint know if they did it,but the thing was drilled and tapped completly out of line,and the threads were all enlarged,and stripped..I dont know what Century did with all the P14 stocks,but I assume they would either fit,or be easily made to fit.It may be grabbing at straws,but I guess you could try to contact them.

Walks
06-27-2019, 04:36 PM
I got a New unfinished set from Numrich 30yrs ago. Don't know what happened to my old set.

Tripplebeards
07-08-2019, 09:31 AM
I ended up finding a “W” marked Winchester stock off eBay this morning and they accepted my offer. It had a little wood deteriorated around where the buttplate mounts. I’m hoping I can swell the wood up in that area by soaking in water a few times and then lightly sanding it.

It didn’t come with either the front or rear hand guards. Anyone have any extra hand guards laying around? Preferably W marked?

I’m getting excited!