PDA

View Full Version : What other hobbies do you have?

Blindshooter
03-10-2019, 10:26 AM
What do you do other than shoot to reload?

Skunk1
03-10-2019, 10:29 AM
Anything that burns gasoline! Whatever goes fast or goes bang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Froogal
03-10-2019, 10:33 AM
We grow a garden. I used to dink around with old tractors, but now I mostly just do what is needed to keep them running and functional.

Ateam
03-10-2019, 10:43 AM
metal detecting, fishing, scuba diving..... I honestly don't understand people who experience boredom, there is just not enough time in the day for the fun stuff, not to mention the not fun stuff that needs to get done too.

375supermag
03-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Hi...
I study military history(focus on WWII) and paleontology (human, dinosaur and megafauna).
Read a lot...

JBinMN
03-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Hunt, fish, camp/woodsbumming, tie flies, make jigs & sinkers, hangout with my family /friends & my dogs, smoke meats/fish, drink beer or booze on occasion, play cards, smoke a cigar, ride motorcycle, read, drive backroads looking at things & seeing game animals(scouting), play billiards & darts, garden & canning, and shooting/casting/handloading. I don't think I forgot anything...
;)

All of which were done back when I was working more than fulltime & running a business. Now I don't work as much as I did, so I fill in the extra time sometimes, with hanging out in some cast boolit forum along with the other hobbies.
;)

Next?

Rcmaveric
03-10-2019, 11:44 AM
I work alot. I try to make time to build things. I havent had time to shoot or reload in months. I retire from this job in 5 more years and hopefully life will slow down and i can enjoy it

I like to hunt, fish, camp, woodsman, carpentry, gardening, and chemistry.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jmort
03-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Tobacco pipe smoking.
A few years ago I would have just said pipe smoking.
History buff, love reading history.
That is it.

Traffer
03-10-2019, 11:51 AM
I don't do anything anymore. As far as previous "hobbies" I don't know if the many things I did would qualify as hobbies. I did mostly subsistence living kind of things. Fix cars. fish and hunt, fix everything mostly. Did a lot of dumpster diving. Most of the time almost everything I had came either from the dumpster or second hand store so I spent a lot of time learning about daily devices so I could fix them. It's hard to think of anything that I haven't fixed at one time or another, from watches to washing machines; Houses to Hondas. I guess you would refer to me as a "Bubba". I suppose my hobby was to "bubba".

Hickory
03-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Gardening, riding motorcycle, build cabinets, sailing, camping.
And not in that order.

psweigle
03-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Hunting, fishing, hiking, exploring. Hanging out with family and working on the house and vehicles. Other than that, I just go to work.

Froogal
03-10-2019, 12:55 PM
I don't do anything anymore. As far as previous "hobbies" I don't know if the many things I did would qualify as hobbies. I did mostly subsistence living kind of things. Fix cars. fish and hunt, fix everything mostly. Did a lot of dumpster diving. Most of the time almost everything I had came either from the dumpster or second hand store so I spent a lot of time learning about daily devices so I could fix them. It's hard to think of anything that I haven't fixed at one time or another, from watches to washing machines; Houses to Hondas. I guess you would refer to me as a "Bubba". I suppose my hobby was to "bubba".

I hear you. Been there myself. I still can't make myself throw anything away. I still have a stack of salvaged lumber, but it is smaller than it once was. Also have a pile of "undesignated inventory" iron. Some folks call it scrap iron, but in my opinion, iron is never scrap.

Snow ninja
03-10-2019, 12:57 PM
I like to woodwork and leatherwork. And I know I'm gonna catch flack for this, but I also like to play videogames. I also enjoy just hanging out and doing stuff with my 16 y/o son, I know those times are quickly coming to an end soon.

Shawlerbrook
03-10-2019, 01:01 PM
Hunt, fish,hike, shoot, garden, woodworking, tending my 120 acres including food plots and firewood, mountain biking, traveling, cooking and eating, garage sales, flea markets and anywhere they sell old things.

lightman
03-10-2019, 01:04 PM
I hunt for Native American Artifacts (Arrowheads). I'm a Private Pilot and once owned my own plane. I'm into Craft Beer and the Wife and I take several trips a year visiting new or interesting Breweries. I'm learning to Fish, Turkey Hunt and to Duck Hunt, something that I did not have the time to do when I was working. We make most of the Grandchildrens Sports and School functions. I'm a reader. In the past I rode and raced dirt bikes. I was also a hobby welder, building most of my own metal stuff. Everything from the cart that my welder sits on to my deer stands, trailers, tractor implements, my smelting pot and burner, bird feeders, basket ball goals, ect.

tazman
03-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Fishing, photography, computer repair, a few other small things. I read a lot.
I used to shoot trap. I used to shoot target archery. I used to ride bicycles a lot.
I was never very good at any of them except archery. I won Illinois state championship several times in my category.
For the photography, I like to take pictures of wildlife. I have many good pictures of bald eagles.

Tom W.
03-10-2019, 01:50 PM
I like to fish, either fly fishing or with UL gear, and I still have the heavier stuff for bass tournament fishing.

Baltimoreed
03-10-2019, 02:00 PM
Woodworking, gun customizing and an old photographic process called gum bichromate but in all honesty I did a ton of woodwork after my retirement followed by rifle tinkering and my photo work has fallen by the wayside. Heres my 8 ft gazebo, deck extension and steps going down to my 25 yd bench that I built. I didn’t use plans for the gazebo, just did it. Need to get off my lazy butt and finish the lattice work around the deck.

Hossfly
03-10-2019, 02:13 PM
We have 2 green houses full, and I mean full of Orchids, all kind of tropical plants. That’s just about a full time job. Of course I’m the maintenance person keeping those systems up and working. Love to garden during the season, potatoes are planted, and getting ready for pole beans etc. have 28 acres to keep up mowing. Love to ride horses, my horse is a Tenn. walker and racking horse, wife has an Andalusian horse that we raised from a baby.
Also love rebuilding engines, old engines, like 1940’s type flat head 4 cyl. Have 3 old army type Jeep, projects, too many irons in the fire. I like building any thing, built barn, large shop, 2 green houses.
Reloading, casting, shooting on shooting range located on property.
Love visiting old folks from church, and helping them, along with learning all I can, from the old ways of survival. Keeping busy.

Wayne Smith
03-10-2019, 02:32 PM
Cook, smoke meat and nuts and cheese, make pens and pencils on my lathe, other woodwork when I can, read history, study the Bible, gardening limited to a small yard (but picked 20 qts blueberries last year). I have made jewelry in the past and will again, and have turned bowls and will again.

MrWolf
03-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Used to love trap shooting with my son. Hurt my back and he got older. We were pretty good. Now that I am on a disability retirement it depends on what my back/neck will let me do. Can do a lot with wood, pretty handy with my hands. Moved here two years ago and place needed some work. Mostly consider what I do until it gets warm as putzing around and enjoying. When it gets warmer and I can move more I will be working on the place and enjoying outside. I have 81 acres of woods on a mountain. Plan on spending more time with new girlfriend.

super6
03-10-2019, 02:48 PM
airplanes, fireworks homemade ,and melting lead

OldBearHair
03-10-2019, 02:48 PM
Mentioned before that my wife and I worked at the New Mexico Boys Ranch twenty nine years and were the hobby gurus for the boys. We had all sorts of shops, wood, hobby, ceramic , art, and etc. A while back, I listed the hobbies I was involved in and it totaled twenty-seven. Learned that I could buy cloth by the yard and make my hunting clothes cheaper and much better quality, with pockets everywhere except in the way of the bowstring. And make broadheads near professionally, maybe better heat treated. Reload them boolits and reuse that lead.
And even tying cast nets. All that amounts to a lot of "equipment" for each hobby lying around taking up space that some others would classify as junk! As I get older and need to "downsize" I work on it somewhat and then decide that since my two sons are a little bit prone to dumpster dive, that when we cross over to the new life, it would be sort of like a mega dumpster dive event to go through all the stuff. They don't need to get in a hurry, all they have to do is to keep up paying the taxes on the place till they are finished.
Added pictures of broadheads and knives. The little ones are referred to as "neck knives". The big one is coated with HiTek Old Gold.

salpal48
03-10-2019, 03:16 PM
Rock tumbling. Antique Firearms Collectors. Cartridge Case Forming. Furniture Refinishers

jmorris
03-10-2019, 03:56 PM
I used to enjoy racing pretty much anything, have always enjoyed creating things and fixing things no one else could.

Budzilla 19
03-10-2019, 04:19 PM
In my past, I was a woodlands firefighter, hauled logs, my Dad had a 1,000 acre farming operation, we reloaded shotgun shells, made our own shot, shot trap and skeet. Dad and Mom are both gone now, so I turned from most of my old hobbies with him to my hobbies I have now. I build high performance Dodge Cummins-powered trucks now,(a few) which my Dad also started me on. I cast boolits,shoot some, and raise my two grandsons as their Dad has passed on now.
Gave up dirt bike racing also. Too old for a bunch of stuff I used to do. But I like the way things are now.

BigAlofPa.
03-10-2019, 04:31 PM
I like the out doors. Hunting camping hiking. Looking for cool things in the woods like different rocks and old junk lol. Astronomy, been some time since i had the telescopes out though.

flyingmonkey35
03-10-2019, 04:32 PM
Outside of shooting / reloading/ mountain man reenactments/teach firearm things etc..

I build 3d printers from scratch.
Play video games
Rebuild old reloading presses
Gun mechanics
ATVs
Avid reader of scifi / fantasy
Camping

Computers

And ruler of 98% completed projects around the house.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

onelight
03-10-2019, 04:59 PM
:-P Motorcycles younger years ran enduros and hare n hounds was a bike mechanic for a few years, toured and camped on all types adventure bikes , sport bikes , gold wing , bmws now of all things I have a sportster.
Leather work , wood work , home design and bldg. used to do a lot of tractor work now just one small kubota bx25 with an assortment of attachments used for work through our church and for friends and neighbors. I do believe I would fit in the bubba catagorey :-P

Bazoo
03-10-2019, 05:21 PM
I read a lot about all manner of gun related things. I read a lot in general but nothing fiction. Do woodwork for a living, but also for fun. I like wood turning and whittling, bowls and spoons and the like. I do leatherwork, holsters and knife sheaths. I like to rehandle and clean up old knives. Yardsaling is fun. I like fishing and cleaning up vintage gear. I like vintage stuff period. Also like learning and making new things, as well as repairing anything that can (or can't) be repaired. Wife and I like playing scrabble and learning new words. I don't have a system now but I used to play a lot of xbox call of duty. We don't watch much tv, but I like watching westerns. Play guitar a little also.

Loudenboomer
03-10-2019, 05:30 PM
I did allot of drag racing with my sons when they were younger. Mostly Big Block Mopar door cars. Most recently I raced Nostalgia front engine dragster. Turned the page and sold off the drag cars.
I now spend as much time as I can with my grand kids. When time allows I'm at my cabin, do allot of cast iron cooking there.

Bookworm
03-10-2019, 05:46 PM
Had a machine shop years ago, a couple buddies and I built an old-style dragster from scratch. We never went very fast, maybe 140 mph, but we certainly got a bunch of beer drank.

Over the years I was into Harleys, cars, tools, hunting, camping. Now mostly into casting, reloading, and shooting paper.

HP9MM
03-10-2019, 06:03 PM
The 3 B's-Beer, Boolits and Books but not at the same time!

beemer
03-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Used to ride motorcycles, loved every minute of it including the keeping the old things running. Life got in the way and I had to quit, although I still have them I am not going to start ridding again. I do some woodworking, making dulcimers, turning bowls, canes and other odds and ends. I have done a few muzzle loaders and really want to start another.

Wife and I like flea markets, junk shops and estate sales, we have to be picky because we already have enough junk ourselves.

Dave

RED BEAR
03-10-2019, 08:42 PM
I do ww2 dioramas 237718
Everything on here ( except some trees) are made from match sticks tooth pics and coffee stick. Ths is an eastern front scene. I also do woodworking and have several tropical fish aquariums and my favorite is repairing old guns.

rbt5050
03-10-2019, 09:41 PM
working on my mill and lathe , rc flying.

swamp
03-10-2019, 10:00 PM
Mine are making my own soap, candles, lip balm. Handy man work for friends and minor gun work. Just browned a H & R single 12 ga. barrel.
swamp

03-10-2019, 10:10 PM
First generation Firebirds, muscle cars, wood working, maintaining my yard, light auto repair, relaoding, casting, hanging out on/near the beach, beach rental property, duck hunting, shooting, cooking, sharpening knives and chisels, trying to understand other’s faith, pissing off my wife, pissing off my neighbors, ...I think that’s about it.

Chainsaw.
03-10-2019, 10:24 PM
Usual miriad of shooting sports. Working on long range shooting. Building machines, my big, slow project right now is a home build wood chipper with 5” capacity and a #180 fly wheel, gonna be abeast! Just got me a dirt bike again for the first time in 7-8 years, excited to get out puttering at me and the Wifes get away plot. Thats another thing is improving our second property, clearing at the moment, might put in power this summer, definitely a new trailer amd deck. Just generally making it a nice spot to get away to. We also ski, less so now that the hills are getting so expensive and crowded but I have a plan to remedy that, called back country skiing. Just starting a new little side biz where I do land clearing and cleanup etc. Walking my 3 crazy puppy dogs. Perstering the wife. I have a small hobby garden I really enjoy, wish Id made it bigger.

onelight
03-10-2019, 11:22 PM
I do ww2 dioramas 237718
Everything on here ( except some trees) are made from match sticks tooth pics and coffee stick. Ths is an eastern front scene. I also do woodworking and have several tropical fish aquariums and my favorite is repairing old guns.
That is amazing work, beautiful job.

doulos
03-10-2019, 11:23 PM
I love archery. All aspects of compound bow shooting,tuning,testing. Crossbows too. Love working on bows. Building bow strings also. Also am a knife sharpening fanatic.

Markopolo
03-10-2019, 11:50 PM
I like to woodwork and leatherwork. And I know I'm gonna catch flack for this, but I also like to play videogames. I also enjoy just hanging out and doing stuff with my 16 y/o son, I know those times are quickly coming to an end soon.

Amen to this one.. if your teen is into playing video games, then you play video games... cherish the time... I still play occasional binges of heavily modded Skyrim... my youngest son got me started...he is 22 now, and we still play in the winter time..... nuthin worse then a 60 sumthin yelling at a 4ft computer screen... it’s just wrong, but I do it...

Hello, my name is Marko, and I am a Skyrim Junkie.

David2011
03-11-2019, 01:02 AM
For most of my life I've flown model airplanes and still do. Building them is still my favorite part. All sorts of gun related stuff including smithing, trap shooting, USPSA and steel plate pistol shooting. I started out my adult life as a photographer and still have my B&W darkroom equipment. Would like to use it again now that I'm retired. I make stuff out of wood but not sure it's a hobby; maybe just a means to an end but I enjoy it. I like sharing what I've learned with others. Lost my last boat in Katrina but would like to do same sailing again. Not sure I want to own another boat that has to stay in the water full time. Maybe a fishing boat since I'll be near salt water again. I like stargazing and have collected some nice telescopes but that is more demanding on time than it might seem. It will be even harder once we leave New Mexico and are in the Houston area full time.

Reverend Al
03-11-2019, 02:33 AM
I also love early to mid-60's Fords ... they're the cars I grew up with. I have a '65 Mustang Fastback that is currently being rebuilt into a GT350 Shelby tribute (289 / T5-5 speed) and a '68 Mustang California Special with a 390 / 4 speed (one of only 111 built).

https://i.imgur.com/KZLG0ja.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/S0Iwxzd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FgNxRhy.jpg

The '65 FB is currently in the body and paint shop for the conversion, so currently looks like this ...

https://i.imgur.com/XkyF9Fj.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/I3vy5JD.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GoysLNz.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZdZmY2E.jpg

Will end up looking like this ...

https://i.imgur.com/GqNGeua.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/hvIUDCS.jpg

375supermag
03-11-2019, 10:16 AM
Hi...
Interesting ...
I have built scale model military vehicles off and on over the years.
Used to go to the IMPS and AMPS regional and national shows.
Still have a couple of builds on the model bench that I started several years ago before I went through my health problems.
I should get those finished one of these days...one is a WWII Sherman M4A3E8 with applique armor and a 76mm gun. Another is a WWII Russian SU-85. I also have a WWII German Tiger tank with full interior to finish that my older brother was building at the time of his death. I would like to eventually finish that for him.
Probably have nearly a hundred 1/35 scale kits stashed away.

Arkansas Paul
03-11-2019, 11:12 AM
Pipe and cigar smoking (yes that's a hobby).
Nice fountain pens.
I'm getting ready to invest in a good grill/smoker combo so that is something that will quickly become a hobby I imagine.
I would like to get into cowboy action shooting in a couple years when I get out of school and have the time.

Nobade
03-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Moto trials. A great way to beat yourself up, slowly.

MaLar
03-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Most anything shooting related. I enjoy reloading and casting as much as much as shooting.

Used to do photography kinda fell out of that. Couldn't keep up with the rest of the photo club I belonged to. Always buying the latest and greatest.

Used to do martial arts. I have Black belts in two different styles.
Got to hurting to much after practicing. Come home and not sleep well because of it. Getting old I guess. To many hard miles on me worked as a carpenter most of my life.

Blindshooter
03-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Thanks everyone!
I'm thinking about retirement in the next couple of years. Just thinking about some new time sinks.
I raced motorcycles when I was young (flat track) then got into IPSC and later High power rifle. Made distinguished then HM LR and XTC. Neck and spine problems from the dirt track days stopped the competitive shooting about the time evil wife #2 robbed me blind. Love 1911's, tinkering and shooting them. Still shoot a lot when I'm able. I used to read everything now I kill most of my reading time on the internet. Fishing and hunting some when I have time, no more big game, just not able to do that anymore.

Ron in PA
03-11-2019, 08:09 PM
Antique Coleman Lamps237763

woodbutcher
03-11-2019, 08:14 PM
:D:redneck: Besides the shooting sports,does girl watching count?Hey.I`m old.NOT dead.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

GhostHawk
03-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Air guns, crossbows, slingshots, blow guns for projectile types.

I also do some flint knapping, still learning but slowly getting there.
Last spring I spent almost 4 months learning to die flys, mostly panfish bugs, some minnow imitations, little bit of everything. Need to go back in there and do a bit of cleaning and get back into it. Building a new fly/lure from scratch eats time, leaves me in this nice calm zen state. And mostly I end up with 2-4 new flys per hour that fish seem to like.

Then there is always reading, interests there are wide and wildly varying.

Once in a while I grab a computer that is not working correctly and see what I can do with it.

Along with my usual casting, loading, shooting of course.

Its a big world out there, stuff you've learned, skills you have mastered can never be taken away from you.

tinsnips
03-11-2019, 10:23 PM
Motorcycles,riding my side by side in the hills,o guage model trains,woodworking . Also like to read about history.

Rockzilla
03-12-2019, 01:45 AM
Building computers, working on computers, making custom boot disks (mods). Photography old school 35mm Nikons, Canon's
new school digitals not new ..new, Photoshop, Lightroom. working on hit n miss engines, them water cooled jobs that weigh a ton,
have so much stuff / hobbies to work on, ran out of room, an old Farmall Cub tractor, and a 1939 Ford Deluxe Station wagon aka
"woody wagon" flathead V-8 been garage kept, took it apart years ago like 30+ to restore have all the parts and pieces boxed up
no room (at my parents house). Blacksmith tools. Should just said this my hobby is collecting anything that becomes a hobby. We
are thinking about relocating and one of the things is a big garage, I know more space = more junk. the other half has told me that
over and over...

keep an open mind and your never too old to learn something new.

-Rock

Bazoo
03-12-2019, 02:25 AM
I used to shoot recurve some, I'd like to get back into that. I've always been into collecting and trading knives. They ain't worth nothing if they ain't sharp, mastered freehand sharpening when I was a kid. Repointing and repairing old knives is something I enjoy, along with sheath making. I prefer it using only hand tools. Been known to bring back old carpenter tools too, draw knives, chisels, and planes.

I got into rock collecting when I was a kid and even wanted to be a geologist for a while. Still keep my eye out for the next neat rock.

Got into refurbishing and using old cast iron a couple years back. Ain't got a lot of it yet but yard sale season is almost upon us.

I also like to make firearms accessories, shooting sticks, slip cases, and slings when the notion strikes me.

1/2 Yuman
03-12-2019, 08:04 AM
I spend a lot of time walking with my dog in the woods. I also sail. When I got my old boat it was a wreck, but many hour and dollars later it is looking OK. While waiting for Lake Superior to thaw out I spend a lot of time reading and researching revolvers.237785

daboone
03-12-2019, 09:22 AM
Amateur astronomy. Ground and polished 4 mirrors for homemade Dobson scopes. Collecting indian artifacts, mostly arrow heads but some beads, awls, and pottery. Been working on a TOW 1803 Harpers Ferry kit for the last 4 years. This has been a serious ongoing education for me. Cooking and long walks with my ugly 4 legged best friend. I sold my 23ft Ericson sailboat but still allowed to use it. I love retirement.

Three44s
03-12-2019, 10:07 AM
Fighting Communisim

Three44s

mold maker
03-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Rock hound, Gem cutter, Gold prospector, and accumulator.

Reverend Recoil
03-12-2019, 10:16 PM
NRA high power rifle and CMP service rifle competition. Three matches a month plus the Camp Perry National Trophy Matches. A little bit of pistol competition.

Sig556r
03-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Triple G:
Guns, for obvious reasons
Guitars, always chasin' that rockstar dream
Golf, mostly driving range than fairways/greens, but Golf channel took over

popper
03-12-2019, 10:31 PM
When I was young enough to ski, water & snow, motor biking, hiking, fishing, all the other young stuff. Now it's bass, guitar, casting, loading, shooting. A few dove & pig when I get a chance.

Smoke4320
03-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Meat processing, hunting

trails4u
03-12-2019, 10:46 PM
Bourbon, cigars, and my bride...… On any given day, some mixture of those three. :)

Big Wes
03-13-2019, 07:08 AM
Fishing, riding my motorcycles, playing my drums.

labradigger1
03-13-2019, 07:17 AM
Dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, jeeps, metal detecting (my favorite), fishing, hunting, camping, machining, fabricating, fly tying, reloading, shooting, history, reading, spelunking, hiking, gravelys, old equipment, making things that don’t work work again, working and spending time with my lovely wife. This is just a few.
Yea, I got a problem. Life’s to short to sit on the couch and I try to get as much out of it as I can.

gypsyman
03-13-2019, 08:46 AM
At my age, taking my afternoon nap. 40 years ago, seen my dad do it. Thought, I'll never do that. Wrong answer.

sparky45
03-13-2019, 09:08 AM
Air gunning, hobby metal lathe and wood lathe, metal detecting, fishing (with a magnet), Crappie fishing, gardening, bullet casting and Jig casting, and caregiver.

Maine1
03-13-2019, 01:12 PM
well, its not really a hobby, but during the winter I do a lot of snow removal.

William Yanda
03-13-2019, 04:35 PM
I read a lot, 2-5 books a week. I also enjoy recycling. My wife calls me a hoarder, but I specialize in rehoming old tools and Revere or Farberware cookware. Have to support my other hobby somehow you know.

goryshaw
03-14-2019, 12:43 AM
Most of mine are shooting related. Casting, reloading, NRA/CMP HiPower (haven't been able to shoot the last couple years due to work, this season hope to make the 2-3 matches a month). Snowmobiling with my dad until he turned 70 and had to retire the sleds, he passed away in 2013, but both are are in storage and just need to have the carbs/fuel system cleaned out. With the snow we've had in N.Utah this year it would have been a good time to get them working again.
Computers, some computer gaming. Have about $2k of parts on my kitchen table to build a new I7/8700k watercooled dual boot hackintosh/win10 machine. Have several 1/32 scale WW II aircraft models I need to build, my 52 yr old eyes are a challenge to detail them properly.

rescue_171
03-14-2019, 09:01 AM
Just starting to get into bee keeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pete44mag
03-14-2019, 05:54 PM
Shooting USPSA, IDPA, Bullseye, 50 and 100 yard iron sight .22 competition. Salt water surf casting, salt water fly fishing and deep sea game fishing. Sailing in the bays and ocean by my home. Reading at night before bed, and playing with Momma in bed. Can't wait till I retire so I have more time for other hobbies and playtime!

15meter
03-15-2019, 12:16 AM
Iceboating in the winter, soft water sailing waiting for the good weather to come back, motorcycling, woodworking, restored a John Deere 60, bicycling, reading--mostly bio's/history, travel, anything that looks like a museum. All the standard home owners stuff times 3, mine, my mother's and a buddies-- he's extremely bright but has problems with righty tighty, lefty losey. I've got a dune buggy to get back running again, time to go play on the dunes again. Antique boats, Oshkosh every summer for a good dose of plane stuff.

Pressman
03-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Collecting all and every reloading tool along with associated literature and books. Of course that requires a good photography outfit so add taking pictures , outdoors and antique vehicles.

WehrmannsGeweher
03-15-2019, 05:06 PM
Fishing is it.

tim338
03-15-2019, 05:22 PM
I work mostly. Owning my own business takes most of my time. I like to spend time with my daughter. We go to museums, antique shops, go out to dinner, cook. I also spend time in my work shop. I like to restore vintage machinery (mostly metal working).

RegCom7
06-13-2019, 09:09 AM
Wild mushroom foraging, photography. Making beer and hard cider.

Ron in PA
06-13-2019, 05:12 PM
When I retired from ASTM TMC in Pittsburgh PA. They got me a Fisher model 22 metal detector.243504

brass410
06-13-2019, 05:54 PM
still working, but not like I used to, but now its fun cause I pick and choose. fish a bit, make a few lures, cast a few bullets, I'm apprenticeing as a fresh air inspector and majoring in enjoying life a little bit more, I guess I finally figured out that nobody gets out alive so might as well have a good time while I can. And of course I'm open to suggestions as I don't profess to really know anything about everything

frodo
06-13-2019, 06:06 PM
I make weird stuff out of copper

https://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/41frodos/cast%20%202/canoe%20003.jpg

https://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/41frodos/cast%20%202/pianio20001.jpg

And collect cast iron pots

https://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q759/41frodos/destilling/briansweirdstuff021.jpg

PbHurler
06-13-2019, 10:51 PM
I design, build & drive R/C hydroplanes (well used to anyway) Haven't in a few years..........

Ranger 7
06-14-2019, 09:39 PM
Casting, reloading, shooting and cooking.

Daver7
06-14-2019, 10:45 PM
3Gs
Guns, Guitars and Girls.
Use to shoot Bulls Eye, but now it's just informal target shooting with my grandson.
Built 19 acoustic guitars, if you see one with a "R" on the headstock it could be one of mine there's a few floating around.
I started collecting ex wife's but that's more expensive than collecting guns so I had to stop. Besides the one I have now is working out great.

hc18flyer
06-14-2019, 11:23 PM
I sail a Hobie beach cataraman during the summer. Camp and fish with my Grandkids. Rifle hunt our November deer and December muzzleloader season, camping along the Platte River. An occasional Fall pheasant hunt. Between our family business, serving as a volunteer Firefighter/EMT, Grandkids, and hobbies, life is fun and full! hc18flyer

tmanbuckhunter
06-15-2019, 12:05 AM
Motorcycles. Used to fish and kayak but not anymore.

frodo
06-15-2019, 05:30 AM
I have a very interesting collection of dust bunnies i keep under the couch
just say'n

Petander
06-15-2019, 06:44 AM
German Shepherds,guitars... guitars also are part of my job... Oh,and a cat!

Cat is a cool new thing in my life,he just walked in from the woods last october.

6bg6ga
06-15-2019, 06:52 AM
Darn, I should have mentioned my love for German Shepherds also.

Lloyd Smale
06-15-2019, 07:19 AM
all I have is used to bees. Only hobby now is hunting and shooting and reloading and casting. used to bees? fast cars, motocross, snowmobile racing, Harleys, boats for a while. One constant in my life since I was old enough to know is guns. Ma has a picture of me when I was 3 with a toy gun I got for Christmas. She said it was almost like my sisters dolls. I wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Blazenet
06-16-2019, 07:24 PM
Cars, travel. Would like to do more shooting, but seems there is never time.

rmantoo
06-17-2019, 12:50 PM
Shooting, travel with my wife, hunting with my dogs and alone, motorcycles, and work...

Graybeard96
06-20-2019, 12:03 PM
My work 40+ years Big Game Hunting Outfitter in Northern British Columbia and still loving it, Barbeque on my Sailboat, Wine making, Fixing things - Metal Fabrication, endless Renos on my 1918 House, and of course Shooting, casting Bullets for reloading Rifle-Shotgun-Pistol and trading in Mauser Broomhandles and sometimes Lugers.

And when the Day is done enjoying the company of my Wife and sharing a good Glass of Wine !

Cheers

gwpercle
06-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Eating !
I have gotten very good at it , I find it a most enjoyable hobby .

My next hobby is going to be nap taking... our two cats are giving me lessons , very soon I will be good at this also . The cats are expert nappers .

I used to do a lot of hunting and fishing . Got into archery and then combined the three into archery fishing for big Alligator Gar , Choupique and other rough fish with a bow and arrow ...that was a lot of fun . I really enjoyed archery , there were several public ranges to shoot , there were no charges and no flack from the anti gun people .
I could hang a thick rug across my garage door opening for a back stop , place a target in front of the rug and stand in my driveway and practice all I wanted . My house was on the left of the driveway ( no doors) and a solid wood fence ran down the right side ... perfect place to practice.
The free public ranges one had field targets and the other was a walk through the woods with game targets at different distances . I got pretty good at it and even started making my own arrows and then made a simple wood bow ...bow's are harder to make than arrows .
Gary

6bg6ga
06-21-2019, 05:52 AM
When we were younger we were active and as we get older we seem to write that "We Used to" I guess that says a lot. We used to be active and now we are half dead. We used to have a life and now are stagnant. I used to do a lot of things.... had horses, raced cars, chased women, played with audio, repaired electronics, enjoyed hunting and shooting. Now..... don't care for horses, my back hurts too much to lean over to work on an engine. Caught a woman . Worked on audio for a living and got burned out and the same with repairing the same. no place to hunt in Iowa and when the arthritis is under control I can manage to enjoy shooting.

skeettx
06-21-2019, 07:26 AM
Fishing, Shooting and being part of the local Jail Ministry

375supermag
06-21-2019, 10:37 PM
"Caught a woman"???

Having a moderate amount of experience in that field, I suspect that is an exaggeration.
In my experience, we chase women until they catch us. Having been caught a few times, more or less permanently, I can tell you the chasing can be more fun than being caught. Not that being caught is bad, just that the chasing is a fun enjoyable past time, in that variety is , shall we say, exhilarating.

Mitch
06-22-2019, 10:49 AM
I keep honey bees.hunt and fish a little.Ham radio I am General class KD8IMF.I am a Tool and Die Maker by trade.so I make some things for loading and guns now and then.

gundownunder
06-23-2019, 09:06 PM
scrounging lead
melting lead
casting bullets
reloading ammo
shooting
cleaning guns
Heck, if you've got time for more hobbies than that, go and get a job :-D

Nodakjohns
06-25-2019, 10:12 PM
Riding my old tricked out sportster, ice fishing, deer hunting, gardening, using a straight razor, have a few recurve bows and a wheel bow but ain't shot them in 8-10 years. Just getting into casting and lubing & powdercoating, been reloading off and on for 20 years. A little leatherwork ( maybe 1 project a year) raising kids and keeping our 4 dogs and 1 cat fed. Planning to learn to play the guitar at some point, bought a new fender squire strat about 6 years ago and can not play a note yet. But the thing gets admired every day in my bedroom ! Member of ducks unlimited and rocky mountain elk foundation for a few years. Haven't duck hunted since high school in late 70's and never elk hunted. So my bucket list is in front of me and allot of hobbys i have given up on like golfing, drinking, chasing women, making beer and babies.

psychbiker
06-26-2019, 03:09 AM
Getting back into USPSA but spend a lot of my time woodworking.

https://i.ibb.co/h9WH9y1/1606-FE6-D-6971-4-F07-AAB8-24426-F6-F630-D.jpg (https://ibb.co/r06M0mf)
https://i.ibb.co/n6P8fFZ/49-B70-EB4-BD1-A-4-DDA-BAF9-648570-AB64-D8.jpg (https://ibb.co/8NY42HT)
https://i.ibb.co/8Mvdz5J/875-AED72-4-BEA-4-B43-88-A9-8-C982-B312168.jpg (https://ibb.co/mJZXvqm)
https://i.ibb.co/Yfk8sSh/8-A5007-AC-9-FC0-436-E-B9-D1-9-EC219233075.jpg (https://ibb.co/CV7vGyQ)
https://i.ibb.co/Xx03pcK/6-D7304-E2-8-CE1-41-B7-9-EBD-DB8-F811-C6684.jpg (https://ibb.co/23VsPGC)

onelight
06-26-2019, 05:18 AM
Psychbiker beautiful work !

Zingger
06-26-2019, 07:10 AM
There is a great deal in common with our collective hobbies! I am on the local fire department, wife and I make beer on occasion. I started blacksmithing this spring but am a looooong way from accomplished. There is still occasion to work on the old cars/pickups to keep them going.