PDA

View Full Version : Got banned on a Christian site; end times and Christian leftists?

Idaho45guy
03-10-2019, 02:48 AM
I was on a Christian site that is the largest I had found on the internet, Christianforums.com. I joined over three years ago in an attempt to find fellowship online since church services are so limited in my area.

Unfortunately, I realized that Christians are our own worst enemy.

It seems that the Christian faith is suffering the same fate as much of the world in that it is turning away from Godly standards and embracing leftist ideology.

The site was populated by many "Christians" from Europe, and they are the most hateful, liberal, and nasty people I've encountered online.

Because I owned firearms and carry one for self-defense, I was called demon-possessed, a non-Christian, and had "murder in my heart". Just the most foul things you could say to a Believer.

There was a thread last week in which they were debating the new abortion laws in Virginia, and many people defending the law and Planned Parenthood in general were Lutherans. I commented that I had no idea that Lutherans hated babies so much and was banned from the political forums.

So here I am, trying to find fellowship, and realizing that the poison of leftism has seeped into all areas. It's like a virus that is spreading unchecked all over the world and causing hate and violence towards Christians and conservatives.

I was just reading Revelations last month and I don't recall any wording that specifically reminded me of this modern spread of leftist ideology.

But surely it has to have been alluded to in Scripture?

It seems to be the driving force behind the attempt to enslave mankind and remove God from the world, so there just has to be a scriptural reference to such an evil philosophy.

tommag
03-10-2019, 04:22 AM
Not in revelations, but Isaiah talks about good being called evil and evil being called good.

Hickory
03-10-2019, 04:34 AM
Too many "Christians" miss out on the personal relationship with God and focus way too much on their personal relationships with other "Christians" and put more store in the word of others and not the Word of God. Their heads and hearts are swollen with their own righteousness while ignoring Gods Word.
Trust in the Lord always for his Word will endure forever.

Hogtamer
03-10-2019, 02:11 PM
Read the first chapter of Romans.

Idaho45guy
03-10-2019, 02:53 PM
I find it disturbing that I am on half a dozen gun forums that are not brand specific, that are populated by tens of thousands of people, mostly from America and mostly conservative, yet I can't find a single Christian forum of any notable size, that is conservative in nature.

I stumbled into a couple little ones that definitely had a white supremacist feel to them and quickly got the heck out of there.

And of all the firearms sites, this is the only one that has a sub-forum for Christians to discuss issues.

The first and largest firearms site I was on for nearly 20 years had a religious issues forum that is now shut down. It slowly became nothing more than a place atheists would go to bash Christians and argue. The site owner was a non-believer and allowed the attacks. The hate and intolerance spread throughout the whole site and I no longer visit it. The owner sold it to a leftist Canadian conglomerate that is anti-gun. It is sobering to see one of the most successful gun forums turn into a haven for anti-Christian bashing and become a shell of it's former self. But that's what happens when you deal with the devil...

wv109323
03-10-2019, 03:42 PM
I suspect many were trolls and not Christians at all. The Bible does say that in the latter days peoples love will wax cold. So the conclusion must be we are in the latter days. The letter to the Corithians stresses love between the brothern. Corinth was a diverse city full of idol worship. Love is what should keep Christians together and hate will divide us.
I am curious about your experience. Did those opposed to your views use Scripture to justify their beliefs or was it just opinions and words of hatred?

LUCKYDAWG13
03-10-2019, 03:49 PM
There was a thread last week in which they were debating the new abortion laws in Virginia, and many people defending the law and Planned Parenthood in general were Lutherans. I commented that I had no idea that Lutherans hated babies so much and was banned from the political forums.

As a Lutheran I do not hate babies and that statement just kinda rubs me the wrong way

NSB
03-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Religion is the most abused form of power on the planet. Invoking the word God seems to make certain groups and individuals believe that the convey righteousness where they are not righteousness at all. Ever hear a person use the word "we" when they're actually speaking for themselves? They seem to think that it implies they are the majority when telling what's right and what isn't. It doesn't. Read the bible and follow the word of God, not the word of man. Without reading what you posted on their web site forum I can't comment on the specifics of why you may have been banned. It's difficult to speculate on half a story. However, I'm open minded to the idea that you may have struck a chord with someone who heard something you didn't mean to say, or mis-interpreted what you said. I do think there's a case to be made that many in the world are headed towards a one world religion. That direction is mis-directed, it goes against Gods word. We can't forgive our own sins or follow our own beliefs to make our lives easier by trying to justify doing the wrong things. Just follow what the Bible teaches. It's Gods word.

richhodg66
03-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Our little congregational church is pretty darn conservative. Several of us are concealed carrying every Sunday and pretty much everybody knows it. Sure won't hear any leftist talk from our preacher despite the fact that his background is Methodist.

That would be disheartening to hear that kind of stuff in a Christian forum.

Idaho45guy
03-10-2019, 06:08 PM

As a Lutheran I do not hate babies and that statement just kinda rubs me the wrong way

My grandparents were Lutherans and as conservative as could be. However, the church has turned decidedly leftist in it's views and doctrine, unfortunately...

The ECLA supports homosexual marriage and abortion...

https://www.exposingtheelca.com/on-homosexuality.html

https://www.exposingtheelca.com/on-abortion.html

http://www.nadiabolz-weber.com/home/elca-pastor-supports-planned-parenthood

03-10-2019, 09:41 PM
... Did those opposed to your views use Scripture to justify their beliefs or was it just opinions and words of hatred?

So, if it’s not scripture, it is words of hatred?

03-10-2019, 09:51 PM
...There was a thread last week in which they were debating the new abortion laws in Virginia, and many people defending the law and Planned Parenthood in general were Lutherans. I commented that I had no idea that Lutherans hated babies so much and was banned from the political forums

Soooo...you accused some Lutherans of being baby haters ... and they banned you. ... and that surprises you?

But surely it has to have been alluded to in Scripture?

It seems to be the driving force behind the attempt to enslave mankind and remove God from the world, so there just has to be a scriptural reference to such an evil philosophy.

Why do you need a scriptural reference to support your opinion? Can’t you believe in something based on your own, personal beliefs and sensibilities?

I find it ironic you state you were looking for “fellowship”, then call other members of the site “baby haters”.

NSB
03-11-2019, 12:14 AM
I can't find anything in the Bible about concealed carry, leftists, or conservatives.

Thundarstick
03-11-2019, 07:02 AM
I think one of the main issues we have, is that organized worship groups, ie churches, have labeled so many things "sins" that clearly aren't. This has lead to a pendulum effect of swinging so far in the other direction that many don't accept delineated sins, as sins. Another thing is that scripture isn't respected as authoritative in many churches, or to many Christians. If I don't know what's in the scripture, or know it and don't give it power, I am indeed self-entitled to give just as much weight to my own opinions about right and wrong. Most of us also have strong feelings, hard heads, and will meet a frontal attack with force, and push back. I found that out real quick on here!

I have many close friends who don't share my religious views. We do talk about it from time to time, but we are respectful of each others views and can still have fellowship of like minds because we agree on the big things. All Christians aren't from the same culture, and culture dictates how many of us look at, and move through life. I've read that there are in excess of 67 million Christians in China, and in excess of 380 million in Africa, and over 28 million in India. If you believe they hold the same social beliefs as you, we, I, do, we are delusional! Many of them live under communist or other oppressive political governments, but does that make them not followers of Christ? American Christians need a wake up call, but what are we willing to wake up to is the question? Most of the rights we hold dear as Americans have very little to do with being a Christian, but many American Christians equate them with righteousness!

Traffer
03-11-2019, 08:08 AM
I will never give up rebuking Christians. I called out two popular radio evangelists last week for their appeasing stance on abortion. They never listen. I usually leave them with this thought. "You were warned! On the day you are judged I will be there to testify".
The Bible tells us to challenge other Christians. Not non Christians. That is what I keep harping...this society is in its death throes because of Puke warm Christians. The ones that have allowed their children to be brainwashed by the godless public school teachers. (not all I know) Now those children are adults and they have nothing but contempt for every tradition every elder and Christianity in general.
I have a friend who said one time "boy it's a good thing I'm not God"
I had a thought the other day. If and when this country is lost and we are slaves of some hateful people ...folks will say "If only we did something...what could "I " do I'm only one person...
Well the time is now. Brothers we have the ear of God. Pray. Pray for his Church. I Pray for God's Church on a regular basis. It is singularly the most important thing to pray about in our world.

wv109323
03-11-2019, 12:35 PM
I asked if they quoted Scripture OR used words of hate. If their words are against the Bible then I would consider them hateful.
There are many places in the Bible that guide us on the issues of abortion,homosexuality and hatred. If you oppose what is in the Bible you are wrong.

flint45
03-11-2019, 03:05 PM
The world is full of people that say they are christian but sadly they are not. Look at all the junk on christian t.v.its sad. So many churches don't preach the word just some kind of watered down false gospel it's hard to find a good church.

03-11-2019, 03:09 PM
wv..., I do not share your belief that the Bible is the definitive “word”(other than the 10 commandments or Jesus’ 3 commandments) I am not as well versed as many here on the readings of the Bible, but I do not recall specific references to abortion(which I do consider murder, and was not the point of my post), nor do I recall Jesus addressing homosexuality. Again, I am not at all well read regarding the Bible.

While I do not share your belief as mentioned, I respect it, and will not be so bold as to state that you are wrong. Hoefully, one day you and I can discuss this, face to face, in heaven.

NSB, Thundarstick, Flint45, and Traffer: Well said!

Idaho45guy
03-11-2019, 03:13 PM
Why do you need a scriptural reference to support your opinion? Can’t you believe in something based on your own, personal beliefs and sensibilities?

I find it ironic you state you were looking for “fellowship”, then call other members of the site “baby haters”.

I seek fellowship with conservative and Biblically sound Christians; not those deceived by satan.

That site has hundreds of thousands of members, including atheists, pagans, wickens, communists, etc.

They all wander into the political sub-forums and spout their nonsense. In the thread about Virginia's laws, it had morphed into how Donald Trump hated women because he defunded Planned Parenthood, there was an epic back and forth between three or four members who had "Lutheran" as their stated faith and a couple of non-denominational members. It's required in your info tab under your username.

The Lutheran church has largely now supported a woman's right to abortion. Abortion murders babies. Murder involves hatred. These Lutherans were vehemently supporting Planned Parenthood and abortion. Therefore, they obviously hate babies if they support the right to murder them.

So, do you disagree that people who support Planned Parenthood and abortion don't hate babies?

Or do you just have an issue with me calling out people for their beliefs and statements that go against Biblical standards and common morality?

I suspect your sense of irony is little more than your desire to belittle and attack me in a passive aggressive way. Ironically...

Idaho45guy
03-11-2019, 03:14 PM
I can't find anything in the Bible about concealed carry, leftists, or conservatives.

Don't be intentionally obtuse.

Hickory
03-11-2019, 03:59 PM

These are what I call single issue voters.
They are more than willing to give up their basic freedom for a single issue, and in the end will lose that too.
People like that can only see what's on their nose and are unable to see what's down the road.

WehrmannsGeweher
03-11-2019, 04:12 PM
As much as it has many faults, you can find Christian groups on Facebook that are "closed" groups. I.E. you must be approved to join. They weed out satanists very quickly.

exile
03-11-2019, 04:24 PM
Fellowship with other believers is important, and at times it can be difficult to find, with those who feel the same way you do about theological matters and about life in general.

When I first came to know Christ, I was young and didn't care what others thought. I simply tried to please God (in an imperfect way, of course) and life my own life. As a result, I believe my walk with Christ was somewhat effective.

As I got older, I somehow felt that I needed to please others, both inside and outside the church. Frankly, that approach has been a disaster for myself, for others and for my relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.

We are called to love the Lord and love other people, not to please people. In the process, we are commanded to be faithful to His Word above all else. (I of course fail miserably at that.)

Sometimes our biggest detractors can be those in the church. Oh well, so what?

As we get closer to Christ's return, apostasy will reign in the church, to a great extent. I believe, for the most part, that it is not helpful to worry about that too much. All we can do is be faithful to God and to His Word, as best we can, as He gives us the grace to do and to be. Everything else is up to Him. (I know, easy to say, hard to do.)

The other day, I read in Isaiah,

"Stop regarding man, whose breath of life is in his nostrils; For why should he be esteemed?" Isaiah 2:22 (N.A.S.B.)

Think of it this way, if Isaiah had cared what his contemporaries thought, would he have been able to please God? I think not.

Pray for me brother, and I will pray for you, that pleasing God would be our goal. Keep the faith.

With regards,

exile

03-11-2019, 06:00 PM
“So, do you disagree that people who support Planned Parenthood and abortion don't hate babies?”

In my opinion, they are not “ baby haters”. That would imply that they hate ALL babies, infants, children,... Do I support Planned Parenthood? NO. Do I support abortion? NO

We’ve established some common ground.

“Or do you just have an issue with me calling out people for their beliefs and statements that go against Biblical standards and common morality?”

If that’s your game, to seek out and call out those as you reference above, have at it! Personally, I don’t feel the need...and thank you for referencing “ common morality”. We’ve broadened our common ground.

“I suspect your sense of irony is little more than your desire to belittle and attack me in a passive aggressive way. Ironically...”

Your spider senses may be tingling, but they are inaccurate. Maybe my idea of “Fellowship” is incorrect. ... and I thought it ironic to seek fellowship in a particular group, then call some of the members of that group “baby haters” ... then lament being excluded from that group. But after reading your description of the “group”, who’d want to be part of it?

My apologies if my comments came across as an attack, or as belittling. As I posted above, hopefully one day we’ll be able to continue this conversation face to face, in heaven. ... but I still won’t be quoting scripture...lol.

fiberoptik
03-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Christians eat their wounded!

But understand this, that in the last days dangerous times [of great stress and trouble] will come [difficult days that will be hard to bear]. For people will be lovers of self [narcissistic, self-focused], lovers of money [impelled by greed], boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane, [and they will be] unloving [devoid of natural human affection, calloused and inhumane], irreconcilable, malicious gossips, devoid of self-control [intemperate, immoral], brutal, haters of good, traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of [sensual] pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of [outward] godliness (religion), although they have denied its power [for their conduct nullifies their claim of faith]. Avoid such people and keep far away from them.
2 Timothy 3:1-5 - https://www.biblegateway.com/passage?search=2%20Timothy%203:1-5&version=AMP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeettx
03-11-2019, 06:48 PM
A way of understanding

Read Romans Chapter One, Verse 14 on.

Mike

jmorris
03-11-2019, 07:05 PM
Obviously not concealed carry but not a huge leap to draw a parallel.

I will fear no evil for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff-they comfort me.
Psalm 23

LUCKYDAWG13
03-11-2019, 08:17 PM
Obviously not concealed carry but not a huge leap to draw a parallel.

Psalm 23

Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

troyboy
03-11-2019, 08:49 PM
I brought this to light a few days ago in the pit. Main stream Christianity is more concerned with power and wealth. No different then politicians. Follow the money. True believers are the minority.

03-12-2019, 04:04 PM
A way of understanding

Mike

Mike, so interesting that you would point me there. I was reading last night about the time frame associated with Paul's writings. His verbiage seems to be attempting to appeal to those in Rome that were questioning the rule/decadence of Caligula. I think it important, in my fledgling journey, to read the entire script, not just a passage here and there...and also outside "THE BOOK" to gain better perspective. There are other passages in ROMANS that allude to Caligula, and his demise.

It's surprising easy!

03-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

LUKE 22:38
The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That's enough!" he replied.

Do you own but 2 "swords"?

03-12-2019, 04:15 PM
LUKE 22:38
The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That's enough!" he replied.

Do you own but 2 "swords"?

Matthew 26:52-54
"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

Genesis 9:6
Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man his blood will be shed; for in His own image God has made mankind.

Thundarstick
03-12-2019, 05:56 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?337814-Jesus-says-buy-a-sword

03-12-2019, 08:54 PM
Thundarstick, in your referenced thread:

“Just read a couple of commentaries, it seems the scholars don't know either.”

THAT makes sense. ...and thanks for the reference.

DCP
03-12-2019, 09:30 PM
Idaho45guy"The Lutheran church has largely now supported a woman's right to abortion. Abortion murders babies. Murder involves hatred. These Lutherans were vehemently supporting Planned Parenthood and abortion. Therefore, they obviously hate babies if they support the right to murder them."

The Lutheran Church has many different synod I am a Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod we do not believe in abortion

The ELCA is less conservative than the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod (LCMS) or the even more conservative Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS), the second and third largest Lutheran bodies in the United States respectively.

Traffer
03-12-2019, 09:31 PM
A way of understanding

Mike

That is a good place to start. I "got converted" by the Bible by inadvertently starting in Romans 1. By the end I was on my high horse condemning the "dirty sinners" of our day...then I read Chapter 2 verse one!!!!!! I sat on my bed and said,"OK God you got me, What do I do now?" That began my life as a disciple of Christ. I was reading the Bible 8 hours a day trying to put as much of it in my heart that I could...seeking God, praying every day on my knees for sometimes hours.
I only wish I had done that when I was 10 instead of waiting until I was 33.

popper
03-12-2019, 10:23 PM
Christianity has been watered down a lot both here and abroad. There has been a lot of discussion about preacher sermons about lbgtq and gov. interferences but in 50 yrs of baptist sermons never heard a one.

fiberoptik
03-12-2019, 11:49 PM
……
I only wish I had done that when I was 10 instead of waiting until I was 33.
Better late than never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fast ronnie
03-13-2019, 02:50 AM
Too many false teachers out there professing to know what the Bible says without ever reading it.
Scripture says that in the last days, people will call good evil and will call evil good.
One only has to look at what goes on in Hollywood and in Washington, DC.

RogerDat
03-13-2019, 04:28 AM
Point one the bible bites itself in the tail frequently. Things that are in the old testament simply do not always reconcile with the teachings of Jesus in the new testament. This also means one can usually find passages to support different positions or viewpoints.

Salvation theology is a good example. The new testament can easily be interpreted as Jesus saying all mankind is saved by his sacrifice. Nothing else is needed. The sacrifice is made for all humanity irrespective of their actions. Hitler is saved because Jesus died for his sins. Not worthy, did not to anyone's knowledge seek salvation. But the deed is done. One can also find passages that don't support that interpretation. As I said not consistent in the theology.

Point two. The fact that some interpret the same body of inconsistent scripture and arrive at a different conclusion, or feel it supports a different viewpoint does not make them Satanist, evil, unchristian. Making accusations of this based on your frail, fault ridden, human interpretation is the height of hubris. You need to follow where you feel God leads you. You do not need to cast aspersions on others, especially not trying to wield the authority of God to support it.

Point three there is a long historical record of folks saying the "end times" are near. Which does completely ignore that "none will know" when the master will return. None seems pretty all inclusive. Not 100% sure of the Greek word used in the earliest copies so I suppose there could be a shading to that "none" but as translated it leaves little doubt that no one can say when the end times will occur.

There is a tradition in several religious denominations of being strict pacifist. In many others there is a good sized portion that share that view. Expecting them to support your choice of being armed is to insist they ignore their own leading from scripture and prayer. While castigating them for not sharing your view of abortion or gay marriage that you I presume arrived at though the same approach.

Interesting that the bible doesn't directly address abortion. Historical records show it exists in the Roman empire at that time. It may I believe be because the Jewish view was that life began at birth not conception. I seem to recall that under the Jewish law the striking of a pregnant woman who died from the attack required the payment (fine) due for a single person. Unless the woman gave birth and the infant died. Then the payment for two people was required. There is some dimly recalled stuff related to when a soul invested an infant, at birth not conception is what I think that was.

Given this abortion might have been for Jesus and the Old Testament Jewish people a settled issue not warranting much discussion or commentary in scripture. No different than Jesus's hair style or length. It is safe to assume his hair was fairly normal for a Jewish male of the time and not worthy of comment or discussion. Thus not mentioned.

As to Hollywood, Washington DC. or Europe as examples of how messed up things are I don't think those places have much of a corner on decidedly un-Christian views or actions. Plenty of folks all throughout the world or this country who come up short of even the basics of the 10 commandments "social" laws, never mind the theological ones. Or the Golden Rule or other basic guidance from the New Testament. Historically and today one finds both abominable behavior on the part of some Christians, or behavior that was clearly not up to standards that would represent what we consider basic Christian values in a positive light.

No I am not in the least anti-Christian. I believe that God does not lead all men down the same path or to the same understanding. I do not have any real issue with this as long as I am free to pursue the path I think is right without interference and others are free to pursue their own beliefs and understandings without interference.

In the end I try to gratefully accept God's will. Knowing that I have as little chance given the blue prints for the space shuttle of building and successfully flying that space shuttle as I do of actually understanding the mind of the creator of all that is, was, or ever will be. I can look at the sky full of stars and be amazed, but understand the mind that created a universe full of billions of stars? I can but try and understand while knowing my own limitations will make it a pale imitation of understanding. I see now but darkly, but then I shall see as I am seen from 1 Corinthians seems to support that view at least somewhat.

exile
03-13-2019, 06:05 PM
"As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him." 2 Samuel 22:31 (N.I.V)

1hole
03-14-2019, 04:57 PM
I brought this to light a few days ago in the pit. Main stream Christianity is more concerned with power and wealth. No different then politicians. Follow the money. True believers are the minority.

Sad, and quite true as you mean it. But it isn't a new thing in the church, Paul and others struggled against the same secular self centered religious mind-set from day one.

Thing to remember is that ONLY "true believers" are Christian, there really isn't any other kind. It's a shame that many self deceived souls "in the church" simply means they are there as part of a nice religious social club for reasons of their own and unrelated to Jesus.

Nothing shows the mistake of wrongly supposing that being nice and doing "good works", even working hard within the church itself, will earn "good" people a place in God's heaven as clearly as Jesus' puts it in Mt 7:21-24, i.e., "depart from me, I never knew you".

The "born again" new birth is real and it's critically important. Social religious people can even fool themselves and claim they are "Christian" all they want but if they aren't repentant "true believers" trusting in Christ - alone - they will be eternally making that claim from some part of hell. It has wisely been said:

Born twice? Die once!
Born once? Die twice.

(see Rev 20:14, Rev 21:8-11)

Traffer
03-16-2019, 10:08 PM
It appears that I am in danger of getting banned here. I made the mistake of quoting LBJ. Apparently the language he used will get you banned ...
Who Knew
:shock::killingpc:dung_hits_fan:

No_1
03-18-2019, 07:28 PM
It appears that I am in danger of getting banned here. I made the mistake of quoting LBJ. Apparently the language he used will get you banned ...
Who Knew
:shock::killingpc:dung_hits_fan:

Nice try. You did not received the infraction for quoting LBJ, you received it for NOT quoting LBJ. Seems you decided to change the spelling (by using special characters) of a word in the quote in order to bypass our language censor - something that is against the rules and something you have been dinged on before which means you knew better.

If you going to tell a story might as well tell the whole story.