PDA

View Full Version : New pistole came in well not new

Jniedbalski
03-10-2019, 01:35 AM
Just ordered a Star BM in 9mm that I just got in. I also ordered one last year. I have to say at under 179$ that they are great pistols. The last sale at J&G for 149$ I just got in I thaught would be a little rough because of the price. Well it does have a little holster wear but still a decent looking police trade in. And it shoots really good for me and just fits my hand perfect. Looks like it was carried and not shot much really tight.I also ordered two smiths police trade ins a model 10 and a model 64 in 38 special a few years ago. They also had small spots of holster were but boath guns have one of the nicest triggers I ever tried in a revolver.one of the complaints on the star I read online was a heavy trigger pull on the star. Each of my stars has a decint trigger. I guess after shooting my Nagant revolver in double action a lot probably 20 lbs pull the other triggers seem very good. I might be just a little off on that trigger pull on the Nagant more like 25lbs. Over all I like the older police trade in guns. I never could afford a Smith now I got two. Wish I got the 357 model but the older I get the 38 is just fine.pluss the model 10 is +P rated . Also the Italian Bretta 92fs was another nice police trade in gun going around. What is cool on the smiths one is a police trade in and one is a California department of corrections pistole. Kind of cool history.

Petrol & Powder
03-10-2019, 11:44 AM
WOW, OK, that was sort of a stream of consciousness........[smilie=f:

I've owned a lot of used handguns over the years and most of my current collection consists of guns that came to me well used. I prefer used firearms for several reasons, cost being the primary reason.

I shoot my guns and none of them are on the wall in a glass case for display.

As for trigger pull weight, a lot of folks think that a good trigger makes for an accurate gun. That isn't true. A good trigger helps a good shooter get the most out of a gun. A good trigger doesn't make the gun accurate, it just helps the shooter extract that potential accuracy. You can have the best trigger in the world on a crappy gun and it will never shoot well.

Old S&W revolvers, Star pistols, Beretta's etc. all have good engineering and are great guns to pick up on the used market.

Good Luck !

Texas by God
03-11-2019, 07:35 AM
The magazine safety is easily removed on the Star if you are so inclined. I agree they are GREAT pistols. It may take some ramp work to make them feed anything other than fmj but they are the best pistol going for the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Jniedbalski
03-11-2019, 01:12 PM
. Was thanking about taking it out but it really dosent bother me. Will keep it stock and just shoot a lot of cast out of it

El Bibliotecario
03-11-2019, 06:04 PM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FNDT3TN/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_7?smid=ATSQ5DT6W1CGC&psc=1

For what it is worth, I offer a source of Guardia Civil holsters for the Star BM. When I questioned the authenticity of these items on a Spanish pistol forum, it was felt that given their new condition they might not be original issue, but rather a factory run from an original supplier for the commerical market.