PDA

View Full Version : Lurker turned contributor

Adventure Fish
03-07-2019, 12:10 AM
Just wanted to formally introduce myself as a new guy around these parts. I've lurked in the shadows on and off for about the last 5 years... Usually because someone or something shows up when I start googling loads to see if anyone has done my crazy thought before.

So a little about me: Originally hail from Indiana. Live in the Pacific Northwest now. Started shooting with grandpa around 8, started casting and reloading about a year later. First thing I ever shot and loaded for was a Ruger #1 in 6mm Rem. There's probably at least a few fellas on here who know my grandfather, if only by name. Especially any of you ASSRA guys around Indiana.

I have a couple Sigs, a few shotguns, and I own a single AR, and a couple revolvers, mostly Security Sixes. I lean more towards the historical nowadays, especially single shots. I'm currently working on a 44-77 Sharps research and dialing in a cast/load combo. I do a lot of fishing and outdoor exploration.

Yes, I read stickies about purple being sarcasm, and the rules so I don't get ban hammered, and also about the swear filter. I will do my best to behave.

TL;DR: I have a few years of casting and reloading experience, and I am mostly hear to steal your knowledge, and maybe make a few friends in the process...

Hossfly
03-07-2019, 12:20 AM
Adventure fish welcome to the sight, I to like the single shots, especially the one shot one kill when deer hunting.

Markopolo
03-07-2019, 12:22 AM
Welcom Young Jedi Boolit student.. if you follow whatever we say, you shall become a true Jedi Boolit Master. :kidding::kidding: . dang glad to have ya.... I am Marko from the dark woods of SE Alaska.. what part of the NW are ya in... and who’s grandpa? Your a legacy... gotta know from whom.. lol

Have a great day

Marko

Adventure Fish
03-07-2019, 12:40 AM
I'm in Western Washington across the water from Seattle. The legacy portion will come to you on a PM. The man doesn't have the internet and I don't necessarily like distributing identifying information all over the internet. It's a scary place.

Bazoo
03-07-2019, 01:08 AM
Howdy from Kentucky.

JBinMN
03-07-2019, 02:22 AM
Welcome To CB.GL forum!
:)

Conditor22
03-07-2019, 02:54 AM
Welcome to CB, sound like you will fit right in. :)

David2011
03-07-2019, 02:59 AM
TL;DR: I have a few years of casting and reloading experience, and I am mostly hear to steal your knowledge, and maybe make a few friends in the process...

Welcome aboard! You're not stealing. You're on the other end of sharing. Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost.

lightman
03-07-2019, 07:43 AM
Welcome Aboard! Feel free to join right in.

Froogal
03-07-2019, 10:35 AM
Welcome. I was also a lurker for quite some time. Just joined recently. I am learning stuff that I didn't even know about before.

DCP
03-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Adventure fish welcome

Smoke4320
03-07-2019, 01:20 PM
Much to learn you have.... on the right path you are
welcome

Minerat
03-07-2019, 09:16 PM
I'm glad you're hear and welcome you to the forum. It has lots of information and a bunch if members that will answer any questions you ask.