PDA

View Full Version : How do I add a "Signature Line"?

Blkpwdrbuff
03-03-2019, 12:12 PM
I was just wanting to add a quote to the bottom of my messages when posted like some of you do.
Is this the signature line? I'm not sure.
I see quotes by John Wayne, Will Geer and others and would like to add one from Ben Franklin on mine.
Thanks,
Blkpwdrbuff

Minerat
03-03-2019, 12:20 PM
It is. Pick your handle in the upper right corner of screen, pick UserCP, go to Edit signature. Should be able to go from there. Just be sure you don't use a commercial link. Hope this helps.

JBinMN
03-03-2019, 12:23 PM
I see that Minerat offered you some help, but here is a "step by step" to do it if it is necessary:

Go up to the top of the page & using the down arrow next to your user name, left click on that.

On the menu, left click on USER CP.

On the USER CP page. Look on the left side of the page & scrool down about 1/2 way.

In the 3rd menu(4th selection down) will be the words, EDIT SIGNATURE. Left click on that.

ON the EDIT SIGNATURE page, scroll halfway down.

The EDIT SIGNATURE box will be there & you can type in , or copy/paste what you would like to see in your signature.

Once you have completely the additions or editing to the EDIT SIGNATURE box, then you will have to SAVE it.

Before saving you can PREVIEW SIGNATURE if you like & the button for that is next to the SAVE SIGNATURE.

If you do preview the signature you entered or edited, Then scroll down & fix any errors, or select SAVE SIGNATURE, to save your signature & then you can go do something else.

I hope those steps to do it, help you.

G'Luck!
:)

Blkpwdrbuff
03-03-2019, 12:44 PM
Thank you both.
I believe I have it now.
Minerat and JBinMN they were great, easy to follow instructions.
I'm pretty computer illiterate so I like the KISS method.

JBinMN
03-03-2019, 01:07 PM
Looks like ya figured it out sure enough by the Signature there now.

It is a great quote too!
;)

Minerat
03-03-2019, 04:39 PM
Blkpwdrbuff, glad I could help.

Thanks JB for the detailed steps. I tend to be a minimalist when working off my tablet.

JBinMN
03-03-2019, 04:59 PM
Blkpwdrbuff, glad I could help.

Thanks JB for the detailed steps. I tend to be a minimalist when working off my tablet.

YW! Always glad to help out when I can.
:)

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-04-2019, 07:57 PM
excellent !